Simba Safari, Sopa Lodges
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Experience eight days of breathless adventure on safari in northern Tanzania with this odyssey that explores three national parks and a conservation area. ‘Safari’ comes from the Swahili word for ‘journey’ and over the course of this unforgettable itinerary, you will undertake a journey like no other: you will discover some of the most dramatic landscapes in the world, come face to face with wildlife and encounter intriguing cultures.
Lake Manyara National Park: a lush habitat where tree-climbing lions, huge hippos, zebras and wildebeest herds can be seen. The shores of the lake, encrusted with pink flamingo, attract more than 400 species of birds. Large herds of buffalo, cheetah, giraffe and impala roam the lake shores and the forested valley slopes.
Serengeti National Park: Home to millions of wild animals and the famous location of the yearly wildebeest migration. The resident population of lion, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, and birds is also impressive. Its unique ecosystem has inspired writers such as Ernest Hemingway, filmmakers like Hugo von Lawick and Alan Root.
Ngorongoro Crater: the planet’s largest intact volcanic caldera is a world within a world in which humans and wildlife perfectly cohabit. Due to its size and diversity, the crater floor is comprised of several distinct areas, ranging from forest, swamps, lakes and springs, to open grassland and some sandy dunes. This area promises you a truly unique wildlife experience.
Tarangire National Park: lush and green wetlands provide an ideal habitat for hundreds of species of birds. Famous for its abundance in elephants, tree-climbing lions, leopards and pythons. The park hosts a large number of baobab trees and termite mounds.
- Operated with bilingual English-, French-, or German-speaking local driver-guide throughout the tour (The assigned local driver-guide may change during the itinerary. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers)
- 7 night’s accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 6 Dinners
- Arrival and departure private transfer in an air-conditioning car from/ to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- 4×4 vehicle with a pop-up roof and guaranteed window seat during game drives and all transportation throughout the tour (maximum 7 persons per vehicle) on a private basis
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: 1 game drive at Lake Manyara National Park, 1 game drive at Serengeti National Park (Day 3); 2 game drives at Serengeti National Park (Day 4); 1 game drive at Ngorongoro Crater (Day 5); 2 game drives at Ngorongoro Crater (Day 6); 1 game drive at Tarangire National Park (Day 7)
- Meet & Greet
- All park fees and government taxes
- 1 bottle of mineral water (500ml) per person per day on game drives
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 8, the drop-off is at Kilimanjaro International Airport at around 02:00 pm. Flights to be booked 04:00 pm onwards
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed
- This tour is a combination of regular tours and shared arrangements, clients may be required to change vehicles
- Park fees may change without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will have to be covered by the client
- Due to limited luggage space in vehicles, suitcases are unsuitable for scheduled road safaris. We recommend luggage packed in inexpensive barrel/sausage bags or soft-sided bags not exceeding 15kg and 65×46 cm. Excess luggage can be handed over to the representative at the time of briefing. It will be handed over to you on your return from the safari. Additional costs may apply to pick up drop off luggage at specific points
What do I need to bring?
Passengers should bring only soft-sided bags on safari. Passport/ identity card required for internal flights, for which baggage is limited to 15kg per person, including hand luggage. Excess baggage will be charged at check-in. Passengers arriving Tanzania may be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate. Travellers’ cheques are generally not accepted in east Africa. US banknotes cannot be older than 2004 and must have the most current security markings (large portrait of the president). Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Arusha:
- Standard Hotel Category = Four Points by Sheraton Arusha or similar 4*
Day 2 Lake Manyara:
- Standard Hotel Category = Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge or similar 4*
Day 3-4 Serengeti:
- Standard Hotel Category = Serengeti Sopa Lodge or similar 4*
Day 5-6 Ngorongoro Crater:
- Standard Hotel Category = Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge or similar 4*
Day 7 Tarangire:
- Standard Hotel Category = Tarangire Sopa Lodge or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ARUSHA
After landing at the Kilimanjaro International Airport, a tour representative will meet and greet you before guiding you to the transfer that takes you to the Four Points by Sheraton Arusha. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure, either heading out to start exploring Arusha at your own pace or perhaps taking advantage of the services available at the lodge. The hotel features 106 stylish rooms, free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour gym, Parachichi restaurant as well as the famous Hatari Bar offering live or DJ music on Fridays. Parachichi Restaurant, ‘avocado’ in Kiswahili, overlooks our beautiful garden and is the perfect place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool and relax after a good work out in our new gym with a view of the pool and gardens.
Overnight in Arusha.
Day 2 : ARUSHA – LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK (120 Kms – 2 hrs)
After breakfast at the hotel, spend a morning at leisure discovering the exclusive views or specific flavours of this lively town. Take some time for a safari briefing followed by lunch. In the afternoon, depart Arusha passing through the Maasai Steppe, which is filled with picturesque African villages as well as maize, coffee and banana plantations. At the town of Makuyuni, turn northwest and continue the journey through a scenic escarpment that brings you to your lodge, perched on the edge of the Rift Valley with stunning views over the distant Lake Manyara. Lake Manyara Kilimamoja Lodge is the ideal base for a visit to Lake Manyara National Park. Sitting around the outside fireplace watching the sun setting over the Great Rift Valley and listening to the humming of the birds in the background is a wonderful way to relax before your evening meal. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Lake Manyara.
Day 3 : LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK – SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK (245 Kms – 5 hrs)
After a delicious breakfast, there is a game drive in Lake Manyara National Park. Return to the lodge for lunch. Afterwards, leaving Lake Manyara behind, the journey continues North West across the stunning hilly countryside of the highlands which is filled with wheat and coffee plantations, and then into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. From here lie the vast plains of the Serengeti, where you begin spotting wildlife as you approach the entrance gate. Complete the formalities and enter the park with game viewing en route to the lodge. Arrive at Serengeti Sopa Lodge, check-in and enjoy a tasty dinner. The lodge is nestled in the acacia woodland on the edge of the escarpment overlooking the plains of the south-western Serengeti National Park, one of the most famous parks in the world. It is located in the Nyarboro Hills, in the South West overlooking the Serengeti Plains. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Serengeti.
Day 4 : SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK (5-6 hrs on game drives)
The Serengeti National Park is famed for being home to millions of animals and the annual Great Migration of wildebeests, zebras and gazelles but the dramatic landscapes in which the wildlife prowls are themselves worthy of admiration during the morning and afternoon game drives. Riverine forests and woodlands, rocky outcrops called kopjes and a volcano are just some of the backdrops in which the animals can be spotted during the game drives. With some luck, here you will see the Big Five: the lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros. Birds and reptiles are also plentiful in the national park. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Serengeti.
Day 5 : SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK – NGORONGORO CRATER (190 Kms– 4 hrs)
After breakfast depart for Ngorongoro viewing game across the vast Serengeti plains, stopping en route for your picnic lunch. Then, continue your journey to Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge, set high on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater. Arrive in time for dinner. The lodge is perched on the rim of the collapsed volcano, the Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site, often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world. It has the most magnificent views over the crater floor, which is home to vast herds of buffalos, wildebeests, zebras, the rare and endangered black rhinos, elephants, cheetahs, leopards or lions. Its position on the Eastern rim allows the most spectacular and uninterrupted views of the sunset. Themed around traditionally circular African houses with conical roofs and decorated with examples of Africa’s rich tapestry of artistic traditions, the lodge harmonises perfectly with its dramatic surroundings. But the drama does not just stop with the great outdoors; it also flows through the split-level interiors of the main building which all offer lots of space while somehow managing to combine a welcoming ambience of both warmth and comfort. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Ngorongoro.
Day 6 : NGORONGORO CRATER (5-6 hrs on game drives)
After breakfast, depart to explore what is commonly referred to as the world’s largest natural wildlife arena. Descend with a picnic lunch through the early morning mists, going 600 metres into the crater. The Ngorongoro Crater is the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera. Due to its size and diversity, the crater floor is comprised of several distinct areas, ranging from forest, swamps, lakes and springs, to open grassland and some sandy dunes. This area promises you a truly singular wildlife experience. Return to the lodge in the late afternoon and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Ngorongoro.
Day 7 : NGORONGORO CRATER – TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK (195kms – 4.5 hrs)
Depart Ngorongoro Crater after breakfast, heading southeast past Lake Manyara and Mto Wa Mbu Village. Drive through the highlands and the Karatu district, admiring the scenic wheat plains and coffee plantations. Turn south onto the main Arusha-Dodoma road and enter the park. From here to the Tarangire Sopa Lodge, enjoy a game drive en-route. After lunch, board your safari vehicle and enjoy an afternoon game viewing within the park. Hidden among the kopjes lies Tarangire Sopa Lodge, surrounded by ancient baobab trees. It is home to one of the greatest concentration of elephants in Africa, and other game including the elusive leopard. Over 400 bird species have been identified within the park. With water constantly available through the Tarangire River, the greenery is lush, providing a wonderful contrast to the burnt ground. The lodge boasts 75 spacious rooms with glass sliding doors to a balcony that overlooks the landscape beyond. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Tarangire.
Day 8 : TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK – DEPARTURE ARUSHA (155kms – 3 hrs)
Depart after breakfast and head northeast to Arusha. The journey will pass through the Maasai Steppe, filled with many picturesque African villages as well as maize, coffee and banana plantations. On arrival in Arusha lunch is provided followed by transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport, where you’ll catch your flight to your next destination.