Wonderful Italy and Amalfi, Italian Landscapes & Splendid Tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join this ten-day tour to discover the essence of the Tuscany, Liguria, Emilia-Romagna regions and the Sorrentine Peninsula, including Amalfi. A unique experience through Italian landscapes, flavours and history: wander around Bologna, and taste the famous balsamic vinegar of Modena. Sail to one of the most pristine areas in Italy: Le Cinque Terre. Learn about Pisa’s peculiar history and its marvellous artistic attractions. Explore Florence’s unique artistic and cultural centre. Discover the small medieval town of San Gimignano and Siena’s gorgeous architecture and beautiful Main Square. Wander around Naples, admire the city centre and taste the local food. Immerse yourself into an archaeological journey through the ancient city of Pompeii. Sail to the rocky island of Capri, and enjoy local food in Anacapri, the western part of the island. Discover Sorrento, a city with a colourful historical centre and a beautiful waterfront filled with bobbing fishing boats, as well as the new Marina Grande cruise pier. Marvel at the natural and architectonic beauty of Amalfi and Positano, where manmade buildings seamlessly blend into its paradisiacal surroundings.
Bologna: the capital of the Emilia–Romagna region, its historic centre has been beautifully maintained, its original Roman street plan still discernible today.
La Spezia: beaches overlooking a crystal-clear sea, spectacular views, a marvellous artistic legacy, and small villages set within green valleys, alive with ancient traditions.
Le Cinque Terre: one of the most beautiful scenes of Italy, this fascinating area is a stretch of Italian Riviera coastline made up of five little villages.
Pisa: one of Italy’s most visited cities, a vibrant college town, home of the world-famous Leaning Tower, a unique masterpiece located in Piazza Dei Miracoli, accompanied by the Cathedral and the Baptistery.
Florence: a living city with an eclectic cultural life that embraces opera, classical music and contemporary art. Also known as the cradle of the Renaissance, is one of Europe’s great art cities.
Siena: one of the best-preserved medieval towns in Italy, honouring the Gothic architecture with its one of a kind main square, Piazza del Campo.
Pompeii: known as ‘the buried city,’ one of the most significant proofs of Roman civilization and, like an open book, provides outstanding information on the art, customs, trades and everyday life of the past.
Capri: With a unique mythical charm, as well as its natural beauty, it has been an inspiration to poets, lovers and travellers throughout the centuries.
Positano: one of the best-known places of the Amalfi coast for its picturesque staircases, whitewashed houses following the natural course of the mountain and creating a vertical landscape.
Amalfi: one of Italy’s most memorable destinations: an extremely unique scenery designed by bays, inlets, cliffs and small villages engrafted onto the mountain.
- Operated with English-, Spanish-, French-speaking tour leader (Day 1-6)
- Operated with English-, Spanish-, French-speaking local guide during the activities in Florence (Day 3), Siena (Day 5), Pompeii (Day 6), and Capri (Day 7)
- Please note that local assistance will be provided, except in Amalfi. The local guide will only accompany during the activity and not during transport. This tour is a combination of regular tours and shared arrangements.
- 9 night’s accommodation
- 9 American buffet breakfasts
- 2 lunches (Day 6, 7)
- 4 dinners (Day 1, 4, 6, 7)
- Air-conditioned shared transportation as stated in the program
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary: Visit Bologna with tour leader, 1 balsamic vinegar tasting (Day 1); Boat excursion to Cinque Terre (only by train in case of bad weather conditions) (Day 2); Visit Pisa with tour leader, Guided visit Florence (Day 3); Guided visit Siena, Visit San Gimignano with tour leader (Day 5); Walking tour of Naples, Guided tour of the archaeological site of Pompeii, Visit cameo and coral factory (Day 6); Guided tour of Capri, including the Blue Grotto (sea conditions permitting) (Day 7)
- Drinks during meals
- Domestic nor international flights
- Transfers before/after the tour
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- On day 1, the pick-up point will be Piazzale Roma, Venice at 08:30 am. Please arrive at the mentioned meeting point at least 15 minutes earlier
- On day 2, in the event of rough sea, the visit will be done by train
- On day 10, the drop-off in Rome at 09:00 pm at Viale Washington, or Viale Luigi Einaudi, or Termini Station Area, or Via Ludovisi
- Please note that local assistance will be provided, except in Amalfi. The local guide will only accompany during the activity and not during transport. This tour is a combination of regular tours and shared arrangements
- Only one bag per person allowed (any size) plus one hand luggage (30kg in total). In case of any extra suitcases, these will have to be communicated in advance before the start of the tour. An additional supplement will be applied for each additional suitcase on the spot
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the contents of the tour without prior notice, including a possible change of hotels and/or itinerary
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
Day 1, 2 La Spezia:
- Superior Hotel Category = H. The Poet or similar 4*
Day 3, 4 Florence:
- Superior Hotel Category = H. Palazzo Ricasoli or similar 4*
Day 5 Rome:
- Superior Hotel Category = H. Gambrinus or similar 4*
Day 6, 7 Sorrento:
- Superior Hotel Category = H. Vesuvio or similar 4*
Day 8, 9 Amalfi:
- Superior Hotel Category = H. Excelsior or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Venice Meeting Point
Piazzale Roma, Venezia 30135, Veneto, IT
Day 1 : VENICE – BOLOGNA – MODENA AREA – LA SPEZIA
Meet your tour leader at the Piazzale Roma, Venice at 08:30 am, centrally located a few steps from the Santa Lucia Train Station (we kindly ask you to arrive at the mentioned meeting point at least 15 minutes earlier). The tour bus will depart to the city of Bologna. Upon arrival, enjoy time at leisure to visit the highlights of the city, such as the impressive Piazza Maggiore and the Asinelli and Garisenda Towers. Afterwards, the tour will continue to the area of Modena for a tasting of balsamic vinegar, one of the most world-renowned classic Italian products. In the afternoon, we will departure to La Spezia and check-in at the hotel. In the evening, enjoy a welcome dinner in a local restaurant (included).
Overnight in La Spezia.
Day 2 : LA SPEZIA – CINQUE TERRE – LA SPEZIA
Start the day with breakfast at the hotel, and later join the tour on the bus to the port of La Spezia, where you will start the boat excursion to one of the most amazing and enchanting landscapes in the world: to the Cinque Terre. Arrival by boat at Porto Venere and later continue to Vernazza and Monterosso, the biggest and oldest Cinque Terre village, divided into two parts: the old town, and the new town. In the afternoon, the tour will return to the hotel. In the evening, you can ask your hotel reception for restaurant recommendations to discover Italy’s highly-renowned gastronomy before spending the night in the hotel.
Overnight in La Spezia.
Day 3 : LA SPEZIA – PISA – FLORENCE
Charge your batteries with breakfast at the hotel and then head out to Pisa with the tour leader. Upon arrival, visit of the city of the Leaning Tower, a unique work of architectural art situated in Piazza Dei Miracoli. In the early afternoon, the tour will head to Florence. Upon arrival, guided tour of the old town centre, passing through its symbolic spots, such as Piazza del Duomo, Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, Piazza Della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio. In the afternoon, the bus will take your hotel in Florence, for check-in and a well-deserved rest.
Overnight in Florence.
Day 4 : FLORENCE
In the morning, have breakfast at the hotel before spending a delightful day at leisure to explore the capital of the Tuscany region. Some of Florence most important museums are Galleria dell’ Accademia and Uffizi Gallery. Apart from the art and cultural treasures, the city offers one of Italy’s most atmospheric and pleasant places to visit. The streets of Florence radiate the charm of Italian culture. In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner (included).
Overnight in Florence.
Day 5 : FLORENCE – SAN GIMIGNANO – SIENA – ROME
Wake up to a tasty breakfast at the hotel and join the tour leader to San Gimignano. Upon arrival, you will spend time at leisure to visit the little medieval town, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The tour then will continue to Siena, to join a guided tour of the town built up around Piazza del Campo, famous all over the world for its architectural beauty and unique “shell” shape. In the afternoon, you will depart to Rome by bus. Upon arrival, in the late afternoon, check-in. The rest of the day is for you to spend at leisure wandering through Rome’s streets and appreciating the city’s lively atmosphere.
Overnight in Rome.
Day 6 : ROME – NAPLES – POMPEII – SORRENTO
In the morning, after breakfast at the hotel and check-out, the tour will depart to Naples. Upon arrival, the tour leader will take you for a walking tour of the historical centre to admire Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, the Gallery of Umberto I, and the San Carlo Opera House. Enjoy lunch in a typical restaurant with Neapolitan specialities (included). Upon leaving the city, continue to Pompeii and visit the excavations, the ancient Roman city destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. This archaeological journey through the ancient city will allow you to understand how Romans used to live at that time. Afterwards, visit a coral and cameo factory where we will have the opportunity to admire and purchase items made with a technique dating back to ancient Greek times. Then Proceed to Sorrento, famous for its picturesque old town centre and characteristic ﬁsherman’s village of Marina Grande, one of the most authentic treasures of the city. Proceed with check-in and in the evening, have dinner at the hotel.
Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 7 : SORRENTO – CAPRI – SORRENTO
In the morning, wake up with an American buffet breakfast at the hotel before departing at 07:30 am to the island of Capri. To get there, you will board the ferry from Sorrento Port and arrive at the Marina Grande. Once on the island, explore the Blue Grotto (weather permitting) and make a stop at the famous Piazzetta. A minibus then takes you up to Anacapri, where you’ll have lunch (included) at a local restaurant. After that, return to Marina Grande where you will board the ferry. Once on the mainland, you will be transferred back to Sorrento to end this wonderful day with dinner at the hotel.
Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 8 : SORRENTO – POSITANO – AMALFI
After an American buffet breakfast at the hotel, depart to the Amalfi Coast at 8:30 in the morning. You’ll drive there along the breath-taking Amalfi Coast drive. En route, make a stop in the beautiful town of Positano. Upon arrival in this picturesque village, enjoy two hours of free time to explore its many narrow lanes and souvenir shops. Then depart Positano and continue to Amalfi, where you’ll check-in at the hotel before spending the afternoon at leisure.
Overnight in Amalfi.
Day 9 : AMALFI
Wake up to an American Buffet breakfast at the hotel and then spend the day at leisure exploring the historical centre of Amalfi. This city’s old town is known as an outdoor museum, as it preserves almost intact architectural and urban digs of its bygone days as a wealthy maritime republic. Another option is to visit the town of Ravello, which contains the beautiful Villa Ruffolo and the magnificent gardens of Villa Cimbrone. An agreeable way to spend the evening would be to indulge in a romantic dinner in one of the pretty restaurants that line the harbour or taste the typical street food.
Overnight in Amalfi.
Day 10 : AMALFI – ROME
After one last American buffet breakfast at the hotel, spend yet another morning at leisure making the most of your last moments in Amalfi. Then rendezvous in your hotel lobby at 02:30 pm and hop onto the transfer back to Pompeii, where you’ll join the bus that takes you back to Rome. You’ll be dropped off in Rome at around 09:00 pm at Viale Washington, or Viale Luigi Einaudi, or Termini Station Area, or Via Ludovisi. From here, you may continue with your travel arrangements.