This whale watching tour takes you sailing from Reykjavík out to Faxaflói bay which is home of variety of whales, dolphins, and other marine life including sea birds like the Puffin, Arctic tern, Gannet and gulls.
The most common sightings include dolphins and humpback whales and, on rarer occasions, minke whales and killer whales..
Specially built for whale watching, the spacious vessel offers variety of platforms for watching the whales as well an indoor viewing area with large windows.
To keep you warm and comfortable there are warm overalls on board, but there are also hot drinks and light refreshments in the on-board café.
After the tour you can explore the Whale Exhibition Centre to find out more about the mysteries of the ocean. It is situated in an old Capelin-fishing vessel “Fífill,” which has been transformed into an exhibition and information centre on whales and sea birds.
* Get close to some of the planet's largest animals
* See white-beaked dolphins surfing the waves
* Observe Harbour Porpoises playing at the surface
* Enjoy the diverse bird life of Faxaflói bay
* Beautiful seascapes and refreshing ocean breeze
* Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
* Professional tour guide on whale watching tour
* In the rare event that no whales or dolphins are spotted on your tour, you can have another whale watching tour for free
This whale watching tour at Faxaflói bay is the best chance to see whales and diverse birdlife in their natural habitat, with breathtaking scenery