This tour takes you to south Iceland travelling through lush farmlands with views of powerful volcanoes, glaciers and thundering waterfalls.
First in a series of natural landmarks is Skógafoss waterfall, arguably the country‘s most iconic waterfall and one of south Iceland‘s star attraction. Viking legends tell of a treasure buried in a cave behind the waterfall.
From Skógafoss you travel east to Sólheimajökull glacier for a 1 hour walk in a spellbinding glacier landscape. Combination of expansive views, jagged peaks, cool blue glaciers and wide-open sky provide a steady stream of amazing photographic opportunities.
Heading back to Reykjavik from Sólheimajökull your last but by no means the last is the iconic Seljalandsfoss waterfall where you can literally walk behind a curtain of water which is certainly a moment you’ll want to capture on camera.
* The picturesque Seljalandsfoss waterfall
* Walking on Sólheimajökull glacier
* Admiring ice formations in the glacer
* Skógafoss waterfall
* Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
* Round-trip transportation
* Professional tour guide
* One hour glacier walking tour on Sólheimajökull glacier
* Certified glacier guides
* Specialized glacier gear (climbing harness, glacier crampons, ice pick and other safety equipment when needed)
* Free WiFi on board bus
* Bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves, and preferably proper hiking boots
* You can also opt for renting sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and waterproof pants as an extra with this tour (please select from "Optional extras" on the booking panel)
* Minimum age for glacier hiking is 10 years
* This tour has a longer booking cutoff as a part of it is with a partner company
* If your preferred date/hour seems unavailable please contact our customer support division by sending us a message on our live chat or call us at 354 540 1313 to see if it might still be available.
Travel across lush farmlands of south Iceland visiting volcanoes and thundering waterfalls and take a walk on the Sólheimajökull glacier landscape