Authentic Gastronomy Experience, Private Tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join this two-day private tour for a unique experience that will take you from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi province. Introducing you to amazing Thailand’s gastronomy, you will learn to make traditional Thai sweets and noodles with the locals. Taste the delicious street food and go shopping in a local Thai food market. You´ll get to visit Wat Baan Tham Temple and River Kwai Bridge as well. This trip will fill your senses and meet your foodie expectations.
Cooking lessons: introduction into the Thai gastronomy with the locals, who will share their legendary knowledge and traditions. Learn how to make traditional Thai dishes, sweets and noodles and cherish these amazing recipes for a lifetime.
Wat Baan Tham Temple: it features a long staircase that leads up the hill into an amazing dragons head and into its mouth. Once inside the dragon, the steps continue and there are wonderful paintings on the walls.
River Kwai Bridge: this famous bridge was built during World War II, by the war prisoners. Still in use today, the bridge was the target of frequent Allied bombing raids during 1945 and was rebuilt after the war ended.
- Operated with English-speaking local tour escort
- 1-night accommodation
- 1 breakfast
- 1 lunch
- 1 self-cooking lunch
- Air-conditioned private transportation as stated in the program
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All activities and admission to all museums and monuments mentioned in the itinerary: Visit Wat Baan Tham Temple, Visit street food market (Day 1); Visit local market, Visit Bridge Over River Kwai (Day 2)
- Thai cooking lesson with a local family in a traditional Thai house (Day 1)
- Street food tasting at the local market (Day 1)
- Noodle tasting and making process lesson in Kanchanaburi town (Day 2)
- Thai cooking lesson at the hotel and ingredients from the Thai market (Day 2)
- Drinks during meals
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the program
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Hotel early check-in and late check-out, connecting rooms or adjoining rooms are subject to availability and are not guaranteed
- No refund for unused services, splitting of package is not allowed
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents
- Opening times of Temples and places of interest may change without prior notice. Temples and places of interest may be closed without prior notice.
What do I need to bring?
Especially during the dry, cool season (December to February), warm jacket and long trousers are recommended. Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Thailand. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Kanchanaburi
- Superior Hotel Category = The Journey House Lifestyle Boutique Hotel or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Century Park Hotel Bangkok
Ratchaprarop Road 9, Bangkok 10400, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, TH
Day 1 : BANGKOK – KANCHANABURI (128km – 3hrs)
Meet the driver at the Century Park Hotel Bangkok from 06:00 to 06:30 am (to be informed in advance). You will depart from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi province in a private unescorted vehicle, for a 128km trip that will take around three hours. Upon arrival, meet your local tour escort, who will join you to the peaceful countryside in Tha Muang district (approx. 20min). At around 09:30 am, the guide will introduce you to a local family, famous for its traditional Thai sweets. Relax in the warm atmosphere of a traditional Thai house and its adorable garden, and then enjoy a Thai cooking lesson with the family members (please inform in advance if you prefer a vegetarian meal). Throughout the lesson, you will learn how to make a few authentic Thai dishes and aged-old Thai sweets. These cooking techniques have passed from generation to generation for a hundred years within this family. For lunch, enjoy the meal that you have cooked in the nice environment of a Thai home. After saying farewell to the family, at around 01:30 pm you will continue to Wat Baan Tham Temple (approx. 15 min), at the top of the hill overlooking the River Kwai. Upon arrival, start a walk to the top where the spectacular statue of Naga is dominant. The view from above is breathtaking, featuring the River Kwai winding through local settlements rice farms and fruit orchards. At around 03:00 pm, you will be transferred to the hotel, for check-in. Settle in your room and get ready for another exciting gastronomy experience. The transfer will pick you up at 05.30 pm for a short ride to the street food market in town for a delightful street food tasting (included). Have fun strolling through the whole place with a hundred food stalls offering a variety of food to pick your dinner (own expense). You will be transferred back to the hotel at around 08:00 pm, for a well-deserved rest.
Overnight in Kanchanaburi.
Day 2 : KANCHANABURI – BANGKOK (128km – 3hrs)
Early morning, charge your batteries with breakfast before departing at around 08:00 am to visit a Thai family that produces noodles (known as Khanom Jeen in Thai) in Kanchanaburi town. The host will show you every step of a home-based noodle production, and you will have a taste the Khnom Jeen with curry (included). After this experience, you will continue to a local market nearby (approx. 30 min). Enjoy exploring the lively and colourful atmosphere of a traditional Thai market. Learn what the market has to offer and help pick some ingredients for your next cooking lesson. At around 10:30 am, hop on the transfer back to the hotel for your last lesson. Thai locals will share their knowledge received from their own families. The cooking lesson will be held indoors surrounded by the beautiful garden of the hotel. You will be your chef, following the instructions from your cook expert, and enjoying the meal you have made with your own hands. After this experience, check-out from the hotel and at around 03:00 pm, and depart to the River Kwai Bridge for a short visit. At around 03:30 pm, hop on the unescorted private transfer back to the Century Park Hotel Bangkok (9 Ratchaprarop Rd, Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok, 10400). Arrive at Century Park Hotel at approximately 07:00 pm. From here, you may continue with your travel arrangements.