Vivacious Sri Lanka
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join us and explore the best of inland Sri Lanka on this fascinating eight-day round-trip starting in Colombo City. This route covers some of Sri Lanka’s most inspiring cultural landmarks, tea plantations, national parks and colonial buildings. It is the perfect tour for lovers of history, wildlife and culture.
Yala National Park: One of the oldest and most popular national parks in Sri Lanka, this nature reserve is home to a rich and unique collection of flora and fauna, including one of the highest densities of leopards in the world. It also houses several archaeological sites, as the region was the home to several sophisticated ancient civilizations.
Kandy: A beautiful city set on a plateau in Sri Lanka’s central region surrounded by mountains covered in tea plantations and a bio-diverse rainforest. This UNESCO Sacred Site is bursting with palaces and gardens and it is home to the outstanding Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
Nuwara Eliya: Often referred to as ‘Little England’, this highland community has a British feel to it, with its colonial-era bungalows, Tudor-style hotels, well-tended hedgerows and pretty gardens. It is also one of the major tea producing areas in the world and the views are breathtaking.
Operated with English-speaking drive / wildlife guide on shared basis
7 nights´ accommodation
Day 1,5 Colombo: Superior Hotel Category = Ozo Colombo or similar 4*; Deluxe Hotel Category = Cinnamon Grand or similar 5*
Day 2,3 Habarana/ Sigiriya: Superior Hotel Category = Habrana Village by Cinnamon or similar 4*; Deluxe Hotel Category = Habrana Lodge or similar 5*
Day 4 Kandy: Superior Hotel Category = Earl’s Regency or similar 4*; Deluxe Hotel Category = Earl’s Regent or similar 5*
Air-conditioned transportation as stated in the programme
Arrival airport transfer / Departure airport transfer
Tuk-Tuk on day 2
Jeep safari in Yala National Park on day 6
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
Entrance fees included: Colombo city tour (day 2), Sri Lankan cooking session (day 2), Peradeniya botanical garden (day 3), Temple of tooth (day 3), Kiriwaula Village Excursion (day 4), Tea plantation (day 5), Yala National Park (day 6), Yala national park jeep safari (day 6)
Meet and Greet on day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Lunch throughout the tour
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Video camera permits at Elephant Orphanage
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc
- International flights
- The standard hotel check-in time is from 12-14pm (depending on the hotel).
- The standard hotel check-out is at 11am
- Hotel early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms, smoking rooms & non-smoking rooms are subject to availability and are not guaranteed
- The Validity of the passport should be 6 months from the date of departure.
- Please note alcohol will not be served in public areas in hotels and restaurants during religious holidays.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and warm clothing is the most suitable for travelling. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.