Experience the Central Hills
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Visit the top cultural and historical landmarks in central Sri Lanka with this spellbinding three-day tour. Immerse yourself in a world of lush landscapes, picturesque lakeside cities, and historic temples. Breathe in the fragrances of Sri Lanka at a spice garden and enjoy an incredible cultural show to discover Sri Lanka’s beautiful culture. As you travel across this picturesque island, also enjoy optional activities such as white-water rafting and a visit to a tea factory.
Kandy: This beautiful city is home to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and its associated palaces and gardens.
Nuwara Eliya: View fascinating plantations in the heart of Sri Lanka’s tea country and admire the town’s Victorian architecture.
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- 2 Breakfasts ; 1 Lunch ; 1 Dinner
- Transportation for sightseeing, excursions and surface travel as per programme
- Arrival transfer from the airport to hotel in Colombo.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Entrances fees to Spice garden in Mawanella, Kandy Temple of the Tooth Relic, cultural show, tea factory tour
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Colombo airport
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Compulsory festival/peak season surcharges if stated separately
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Departure transfer from Colombo hotel to airport
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice
- Return on day 3 evening to Colombo.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Sri Lanka. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay. Clients arriving in early morning flights will have to wait until the last tour participant has arrived.
Day 1 Colombo:
- Standard Hotel Category = Grand Oriental Hotel or similar 3*
Day 2 Kandy:
- Standard Hotel Category = Winter Villa Resort, Hotel Senani or similar 3*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL COLOMBO
Arrive at Colombo airport, where a representative will meet, greet, and transfer you to the selected hotel. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Colombo.
Day 2 : COLOMBO – KANDY (130km – 4 hrs)
Wake up and get ready for an early transfer to Kandy, Sri Lanka’s second largest city. Contemporary Kandy is famous for its beautiful lakeside location, framed by lush hills, and an all-pervasive divinity. En route, visit a spice garden in Mawanella. Afterwards, continue to Kandy for a luscious lunch, followed by check-in at the hotel. In the afternoon, go out on a city tour visiting famous Temple of Tooth Relic, an arts and crafts centre, and a gem museum. In the evening, witness a cultural spectacle, offering a blend of traditional dances and music to entertain and present the varied art forms in the country. Complete your second day with a delectable dinner at the hotel.
Overnight in Kandy. Breakfast and dinner included.
Day 3 : KANDY – NUWARA ELIYA – KITULGALA – DEPART COLOMBO (245km – 7 hrs)
After breakfast, head towards the picturesque lakeside town of Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka’s proud ‘tea capital’ also nicknamed ‘Little England’ because of the preponderance of tidy bungalows with rose lawns. Do a short walking tour and continue to Kitulgala via Hatton. Visit the Tea Castle at St. Claire’s and catch a glimpse of a delightful tea factory. Then, indulge in a savoury lunch at the Tea Castle. Proceed to Kitulgala and, if you desire, have a white-water rafting experience. Afterwards, return to your selected hotel in Colombo for drop-off. White-water rafting is not included.
Breakfast and lunch included.