Join this memorable five-day tour and explore the art scene in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, South Africa`s Cape Town. Discover the region’s vibrant art galleries, seeing the works of both rising artists and famed veterans. Also, visit the nearby Cape Winelands for an incredible wine experience. Enjoy the visual arts combined with the art of winemaking and see for yourself how well they go together. Savour some incredible culinary treats – a feast for the eyes and the taste buds. This exhilarating journey will show you how real beauty appears when art connects with history and culture.
Cape Town: Located between the blue sea and imposing mountains, spectacular Cape Town offers a vibrant art scene, great nightlife and a lively cultural set.
Stellenbosch: This romantic town boasts beautiful historic buildings and fertile lands, being a perfect host for great wineries and making the area’s best product.
- Operated with an English-speaking driver-guide
- 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 2 dinners
- The vehicle according to group size and pax numbers, petrol and toll fees
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Art walk including entry to Ava Gallery, Gallery MOMO, Gallery F, SA National Gallery; wine lands art day including Oude Libertas, Spier, Stellenbosch; Visit to Irma Stern Studio, Casa Labia, Kalk Bay, Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden with sculpture garden, drumming session and dinner at Gold Restaurant
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Beverages during included meals
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours and excursions
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees where applicable
- Parents travelling with children would now be requested to provide an unabridged birth certificate (including the details of the child’s father as well as the mother) of all travelling children. This applies even when both parents are travelling with their children. When children are travelling with guardians, these adults are required to produce affidavits from parents proving permission for the children to travel. The above applies to foreigners and South Africans travelling to or from South Africa as well as travellers in transit. Please note that the child must be the appropriate age (according to accommodation stipulated) at the time of travel
- See your doctor for advice in regards to vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in South Africa. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-4 Cape Town:
- Superior Hotel Category = Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel or similar 4*
Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL CAPE TOWN
Arrive at Cape Town International Airport, where you will meet your driver-guide, who will transfer you to your hotel and assist with the check-in procedure. If you’re feeling knackered after the flight, you can stay in the hotel to put your feet up and make the most of the available services. But if you’re itching to start exploring this fascinating city, then hit the streets and make your own way towards those tourist attractions, restaurants or shops. Perhaps visit the city centre with its many historical buildings and different architectural style and maybe enjoy a trip with the cable car to the top of Table Mountain. The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is also worth a visit. Here you will find numerous bars, restaurants, boutiques and shops, cinemas and the aquarium. Outside the amphitheater, there is regular live entertainment for you to enjoy. (Activities are recommendations only, not included).
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 2 : CAPE TOWN
After a leisurely breakfast, explore the beautifully arranged streets of Cape Town on foot. The City Bowl is a good place to start in order to experience the town’s galleries and exhibitions, such as AVA, the Association for Visual Arts, which supports young talent. Enjoy an art walk consisting of visits to Gallery MOMO, well-known for its sculptures and abstract mega installations. Continue to Gallery F, the perfect place to admire great photography and art collections. The South Africa National Gallery is a true highlight and the end of the official art walk. After the tour, enjoy some leisure time and go gallery hopping on your own on Loop Street. When you feel tired, head back to your hotel.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 3 : CAPE TOWN – WINELANDS – CAPE TOWN (100km – 8 hr)
Start the day with a delicious breakfast, followed by a visit to Oude Libertas, located in Stellenbosch. The Art Gallery at Oude Libertas offers both aspiring and established artists a platform to showcase their work. After exploring the inspiring art gallery, savour a delicious wine tasting. Continue your art hunting in Stellenbosch’s town centre, walking along Stellenbosch’s Dorpstraat, where some leisure time will give you the chance to discover first-class galleries on your own. Then, proceed to Spier Wine Estate, one of the finest wineries in the Cape, as well as the host of one of the most extensive contemporary art collections in the country. From the farm’s public spaces to displays in the manor house, hotel and wine tasting centre, the Spier Wine Estate has much to offer its visitors. And art is as much part of Spier as good food and fine wine. The works of art are rotated every year to give exposure to as many artists as possible, and to keep the spaces fresh for visitors. Spier cellar is both functional and beautiful, and it provides an excellent wine tasting experience combined with a cold cut and cheese platter for an early dinner. Wine tasting, cold cut and cheese platter are included.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 4 : CAPE TOWN – MUIZENBERG – CAPE TOWN (100km – 8 hr)
Have a tasty breakfast at the hotel. Then, visit the home and studio of Irma Stern, a renowned South African painter. Here you can enjoy the permanent collection of her art and artefacts acquired during her extensive travels through Europe and Africa. Depart southwards to Muizenberg where you can marvel at a symbiosis of architectural art and art exhibition at Casa Labia. Then enjoy a light lunch before continuing to Kalk Bay, where you will find interesting galleries along the town´s main road. Afterwards, visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, perhaps one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world. The site is not just home to one of the world’s six floral kingdoms, but also covers an exclusive sculpture garden. Take a walk and admire these art pieces before you return to Cape Town. In the evening, become an artist yourself! Besides providing you with incredible South African culinary delights, Golden Restaurant gives you the chance to learn how to use the drums during an African drumming session. Light lunch and dinner are included.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 5 : DEPART CAPE TOWN
Begin your last day in Cape Town with a delicious breakfast at the hotel. Spend some time at leisure before your guide will pick you up and transfer you to the airport. Have a safe journey!