Come see a variety of facets of Morocco on this tour that takes you from the modernised imperial city of Marrakech, to the depths of the hot Moroccan desert, with its endless dunes, oases and kasbahs. This tour gives you the chance to discover large swaths of intact nature and the ancestral lifestyle of this land’s nomad peoples.
Marrakech: Admire the famous Koutoubia Mosque, the beautiful Bahia Palace, the Saadian Tombs, and the Agdal Garden before losing yourself in the bustling souks and Jemaa el-Fnaa Square.
Ouarzazate: The perfect starting point for a journey of desert discovery, it’s very popular as a cinema-city and is also known for its well-preserved kasbahs.
Erzouga: This jewel of the Sahara is known for its endless dunes and large number of birds.
- Operated with French-English- or Spanish- speaking driver
- 5 Breakfasts
- 5 Dinners
- 4 Lunches
- Private 4×4 vehicle with A/C and a French-, English- or Spanish-speaking driver.
- Transfer to and from the airport at arrival and departure
- Visas and international flights, and airport taxes (clients pay direct)
- Driver-guide tips
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature such as drinks and meals not stated in the programme
- Visit and entrance fees to museums and monuments mentioned in the itinerary.
- Arrival at Marrakech Airport. After the customs formalities, our agent/driver will wait for you outside the airport, in front of the arrival exit holding a sign with your name. Please do not leave the pick-up area without having met the agent/driver first.
- Unmarried couples with Moroccan nationality, please inquire about local legislation concerning accommodation.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to tour contents without prior notice, including possible change of hotels and/or itinerary
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Morocco. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1, 5 Marrakech:
- Standard Hotel Category = Zalagh Kasbah & Spa or similar 4*
Day 2 Gorges de Dadés:
- Standard Hotel Category = Ksar Sultan or similar 4*
Day 3 Merzouga:
- Standard Hotel Category = Bivouac Erg Chebbi or similar (Desert Camp)
Day 4 Ouarzazate:
- Standard Hotel Category =Kenzi Azghor or similar 4*
Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL MARRAKECH
After arriving at Marrakech Airport, you’ll be welcomed by a tour representative who’ll be waiting for you outside the airport, in front of the Arrivals exit, holding a sign with your name on it. Please do not leave the pick-up area without having met the agent/driver first. You’re then transferred to your hotel. After checking in, the rest of the day is free for you to spend at your leisure, be that beginning to explore the colourful city of Marrakech at your own pace or simply relaxing and enjoying the services available at the hotel.
Day 2 : MARRAKECH – AIT BEN HADDOU- OUARZAZATE- GORGES DE DADES (330 Km – 6 hrs)
After breakfast, meet your driver in the hotel reception at about 8:00 in the morning to kick off your private tour. Begin a drive up into the Atlas Mountains until reaching the Tizi-n-Test pass, which stands at 2,226 metres of altitude, and along the way you will see a number of the typical villages that dot the High Atlas, as well as this incredible natural area’s landscapes. Arrive then at the Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and well known around the world for features in movies like Gladiators or TV shows like Game of Thrones. After a break for lunch in the small town of Ait ben Haddou, continue to Ouarzazate, an ancient city you’ll stop to explore. Your next stop is the fortified village of Kelaat M’Gouna, famous for its yearly rose festival. Wrap the day up with a drive toward Dadés Gorges, a stunning natural site. Check in and have dinner at your selected hotel before spending the night.
- Overnight in Dadés Gorges
Day 3 : DADÉS GORGES – TODGHA GORGE – MERZOUGA (215 Km – 3.5 hrs)
Breakfast in the hotel is followed by drive to the Todgha Gorge. As you explore this beautiful river canyon, the vividness of the location’s colours will make stop you several times for pictures. Continue then on your route and make a stop at Erfoud for lunch (included). Afterward, proceed to the dunes of Erg Chibbi. Here you’ll swap your means of transport for a sturdy 4×4, with which you’ll bounce and trundle toward Merzouga. Make yourself at home in this cosy desert camp and admire the sunset while sitting on the top of one of the infinite dunes. Enjoy a warm dinner around the campfire with the local Berber team, who will most certainly make you feel welcome and at home.
Day 4 : MERZOUGA- RISSANI- ALNIF- TAZZRINE- DRAA VALLEY- OUARZAZATE (375 Km – 5.5 hrs)
Today you will be woken very early in the morning – and with good reason! Climb to the top of the dune in the pre-dawn dark to enjoy a breath-taking view of the sunrise. After breakfast, climb back into the 4×4 and drive toward Rissani, the capital of Tafilalt, where prominent members of the ancient Alawite dynasty are buried. You’ll continue to Alnif Village by crossing Jbel Saghroto to reach the Berber town of Tazarine. You will then have lunch (included) in N’kob Village before driving through the gorgeous Draa Valley, a green oasis that blooms miraculously in the middle of the desert landscape. Lastly, once you leave the desert behind, you’ll arrive to Ouarzazate, where you’ll check in and spend the night at the hotel.
Day 5 : OUARZAZATE– MARRAKECH (200 Km – 4hrs)
After breakfast, step out into the streets and join a guided tour of Ouarzazate that will take you to visit the former Pacha el-Glaoui Palace and the Taourirt Kasbah, built in 17th century. Enjoy a break for lunch (included) and the drive up into the stunning Atlas Mountains to the Tizi-n-Test pass, which has some unforgettable views that will make you feel like the king of the world. Once you descend from the mountains, you’ll reach Marrakech, where you’ll check in to your hotel at around 19:00.
Day 6 : DEPARTURE MARRAKECH
After one last breakfast in the hotel, hop onto your transfer to Marrakech Airport depending on what time you scheduled your onward flight, and bid farewell to Morocco as your tour comes to an end.