Bike & Eco Tour
Quintana Roo & Campeche, Private tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Pack your bags and prepare yourself for seven days of cycling adventures in the natural surroundings of the Yucatan Peninsula. Stay in eco-lodges and rainforest cabins enveloped by wild jungle areas, and explore impressive biosphere reserves and enormous Mayan archaeological sites. Breathe in the fresh air of nature and challenge yourself on this adventurous tour of Quintana Roo and Campeche.
Bacalar: Known as the ‘Lagoon of the Seven Colours’, Bacalar is a spectacular site and a great place to relax.
Kohunlich: This is a fabulous, old archaeological city, famous for both its natural beauty and its history.
Calakmul: Visit an amazing protected natural site that perfectly combines archaeology, interesting flora, and fascinating fauna.
Tulum: Known as one of the most important trade cities of the Mayas, Tulum is a historical site with mesmerising sea view.
- Operated with English or Spanish-speaking licensed local guide on a shared basis (Day 2-6)
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- 6 breakfasts.
- Air-conditioned transportation with pickup/drop-off as indicated in the itinerary
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Guided visit of Coba, Bacalar (boat tour not included), Kohunlich, guided visit of Calakmul, Kantemo adventure activities, Sian Ka’an boat tour
- Motorway tolls and parking fee
- Mechanical and cleaning assistance (Day 2-6)
- Transportation service for the cyclists during the bicycle tours
- Mountain bike, helmet and professional biking equipment (Available brands/ types: Trek, Giant, Benotto, Specialized, Cypress; Hybrid bikes on request and subject to availability)
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Puerto Morelos, Mahahual and Chetumal environmental sanitation right tax (payable on spot)
- Optional tours
- International / domestic flight tickets or Mexican visa fees
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Border taxes
- Airport departure tax
- Gratuities for porters and chambermaids.
- The assigned guide and group size may change during the itinerary
- Local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice
- Bicycle preference can be indicated in advance (At least 30 days before arrival). Included brands are Trek, Giant, Benotto, Specialized, Cypress or Hybrid (this last one is on request and subject to availability)
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Mexico. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Playa del Carmen
- Standard Hotel Category = Las Golondrinas or similar 3*
Day 2 Bacalar
- Standard Hotel Category = Eco-camping Bacalar or similar Camping standard
Day 3-4 Chicanna
- Standard Hotel Category = Chicanna Ecovillage or similar 3*
Day 5 Kantemo
- Standard Hotel Category = Jungle cabin or similar Cabin Standard
Day 6 Tulum
- Standard Hotel Category = Ahau Tulum (beach hotel) or similar 3*
Post night Tulum
- Standard Hotel Category = Ahau Tulum (beach hotel) or similar 3*, bed and breakfast basis
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL CANCUN – PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Upon your arrival at Cancun Airport, our representative will meet, greet and transfer you to the selected hotel in Playa del Carmen. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Playa del Carmen on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
Day 2 : PLAYA DEL CARMEN – COBA AND CENOTE – BACALAR (370km / 15km by bike)
After a tasty breakfast, you will be picked up at your hotel in Playa del Carmen heading towards the archaeological site of Coba to have a memorable guided bike tour. It is estimated that Coba contains over 6,000 constructions, but only some have been uncovered, and it is believed that the site may have had the largest population of all Mayan cities. Expect to ride the bike for around 15 kilometres today. To refresh ourselves, we make a stop at a cenote – an underground natural well often considered sacred by the Maya – for a dip. Afterwards, we continue to the small town of Bacalar for our overnight stay. Bacalar is commonly known as the ‘Lagoon of the Seven Colours’ due to the distinct shades of blue in the water. The town of Bacalar has also been named a ‘Magical Town’ and it is a great place to relax and take a stroll.
Overnight in Bacalar on a bed-and-breakfast basis
Day 3 : CYCLING AROUND BACALAR AND CENOTE AZUL – KOHUNLICH – CHICANNA (175km / 35km by bike)
Begin your day with a tasty breakfast. Then, we will cycle around Bacalar and Cenote Azul. Cenote Azul boasts crystalline waters, impeccable underwater visibility, and mystic beauty. Enjoy the views and the gentle breeze during this 35-kilometre cycle. Afterwards, we head to the Kohunlich archaeological site. The extensive site expands across 21 acres and is surrounded by subtropical rainforest, containing around 20 mounds that remain primarily unexcavated. This ancient city’s elaborate engineering will impress. It features pyramids, citadels and courtyards, even including a channelled drainage system and an immense reservoir used to collect rainwater. The site is best known for its sixth-century Temple of the Masks, one of the oldest structures of the complex. The temple is composed of a pyramid with the central stairway flanked by a series of enormous human-like stucco masks. After, we head to Chicanna to stay the night.
Overnight in Chicanna on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
Day 4 : CHICANNA – CYCLING TO CALAKMUL BIOSPHERE RESERVE – CALAKMUL (40km by bike)
After a savoury breakfast, we cycle to the entrance of Calakmul, an archaeological site and protected biosphere, completing approximately 40 kilometres of cycling distance today. Calakmul was one of the largest and most powerful ancient cities ever uncovered in the Maya lowlands, believed to have housed around 50,000 inhabitants. Calakmul was the seat of power of what has been nicknamed the ‘Kingdom of the Snake’ due to the snake motifs found on site. There have been almost 7,000 ancient structures identified here, which have slowly been devoured and hidden in the dense jungle. Enjoy a guided visit of the premises followed by our return to Chicanna.
Overnight in Chicanna on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
Day 5 : CHICANNA – KANTEMO (315km / 4km by bike)
Early in the morning, venture into the jungle for a bird-watching adventure and see how many wild species you can spot. Afterwards, we return to the eco-village for a tasty breakfast. We continue by road to Kantemo, to practise some fun and adventurous activities, like a two-kilometre cycle around Kantemo, a snake and bird-watching session, a two-kilometre night-time cycle, and a canoe ride where we will have the chance to spot wild crocodiles.
Overnight in hotel in Kantemo on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
Day 6 : BIRD-WATCHING – SIAN KA’AN BIOSPHERE RESERVE – TULUM (200km – 5km by bike)
Early in the morning, after indulging in a delectable breakfast, we venture out into the lush jungle for a bird-watching session. Afterwards, we bike into the nearby town of Dziuche, approximately five kilometres away. From here, we will enter into the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve on the banks of the Caribbean Sea for a nature hike, followed by a boat tour to enjoy the surroundings from the water. From Sian Ka’an, we transfer you to Tulum and drop you off at your selected hotel to end this spectacular biking adventure.
Overnight in Tulum on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
Day 7 : TULUM – DEPART CANCUN / RIVIERA MARA (315 KM – 4 HRS)
Start the day with a delicious breakfast at the hotel. Then, enjoy a comfortable transfer to Cancun airport or at the selected hotel for your beach extension in Riviera Maya or Cancun. This accommodation is not included.