Through the Rift Valley, Sentrim Lodges
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
An African safari touches something deep within all of us, for it is an experience that will never be forgotten. This four-day adventure takes you through the Great Rift Valley and the vast game-rich plains of the Maasai Mara, covering one national reserve and one national park. The Rift Valley lakes are famous for their abundance of flamingos and other waterfowl, while Maasai Mara is home to the country’s greatest concentration of wildlife. The driver-guides are all skilled experts and will certainly make this safari feel special while the accommodation has been specifically chosen to enhance your experience.
Maasai Mara National Reserve: situated in south-west Kenya and is one of Africa’s Greatest Wildlife Reserves, and where the world’s largest multi-species migration takes place. Across the vast plains of the Mara, visitors are able to witness lions, cheetahs, leopards, elephants, and an infinite variety of other species in their natural habitats.
Lake Nakuru National Park: on the floor of the Great Rift Valley, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges. It is ideal for bird watching and game drives.
- Operated with bilingual English-, French-, German-, Italian- or Spanish-speaking local driver-guide throughout the tour (The assigned local driver-guide may change during the itinerary. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers)
- 3 night’s accommodation
- 3 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- 4×4 vehicle with a pop-up roof and guaranteed window seat during game drives and all transportation throughout the tour (maximum 7 persons per vehicle)
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: 1 game drive at Maasai Mara National Reserve (Day 1); 2 game drives at game drive at Maasai Mara National Reserve (Day 2); 1 game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park (Day 3); Lake Naivasha boat ride (Day 4)
- Government taxes
- 1 bottle of mineral water (500ml) per person per day on game drives
- Airport transfers or other city Nairobi hotels pick-up
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 1, pick-up from the meeting point at Hilton Garden Inn at 07:00 am. Travellers are suggested to arrive in Nairobi the day before to reach the tour on time. The safari will continue without clients that have not arrived by the departure time and additional costs incurred to arrange for the clients to meet up with the safari group will need to be borne directly by the client on the ground
- Day 4, the drop-off is at the InterContinental Hotel in Nairobi at 12:00 pm approx. (flights to be booked 03:30 pm onwards)
- Due to limited luggage space in vehicles, suitcases are unsuitable for scheduled road safaris. We recommend luggage packed in inexpensive barrel/sausage bags or soft-sided bags not exceeding 15kg and 65×46 cm. Excess luggage can be handed over to the representative at the time of briefing. It will be handed over to you on your return from the safari. Additional costs may apply to pick up drop off luggage at specific points
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed
- This tour is a combination of regular tours and shared arrangements, clients may be required to change vehicles
- Park fees may change without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will have to be covered by the client
What do I need to bring?
Passengers should bring only soft-sided bags on safari. Passengers arriving to Kenya may be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate. Travellers’ cheques are generally not accepted in east Africa. US banknotes cannot be older than 2004 and must have the latest security markings (large portrait of the president). Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 Maasai Mara:
- Standard Hotel Category = Sentrim Mara Camp or similar 3.5*
Day 3 Lake Elementaita:
- Standard Hotel Category = Sentrim Elementaita Lodge or similar 3.5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Hilton Garden Inn Nairobi Airport
Jomo Kenyatta Road, Mombasa 63740, Mombasa County, KE
Day 1 : ARRIVAL NAIROBI – MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (280km – 5 hrs)
Make your way to the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel at 07:00 am for the safari briefing (Travellers are suggested to arrive in Nairobi the day before to reach the tour on time. The safari will continue without clients that have not arrived by the departure time and additional costs incurred to arrange for the clients to meet up with the safari group will need to be borne directly by the client on the ground). After, depart Nairobi, travelling towards Kenya’s fertile highlands and head down the Rift Escarpment on a road built by Italian prisoners during World War II. Keep an eye out for the charming chapel at the foot of the escarpment. Pass the futuristic Longonot earth satellite station as you head across the valley to Narok, and then travel through beautiful fields of wheat and barley. Reach Maasai Mara and Sentrim Mara Camp in time for lunch. Afterwards, it’s time for the first game drive of the tour, returning to the lodge at sunset. Sentrim Mara Camp, located only three kilometres from the Sekenani gate, makes the perfect base for an authentic safari experience. The rustic-style tents are spread out in serene surroundings amongst acacia trees and have modern en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and an elevated private balcony for spectacular views of the sunsets and the hills filled with wildlife. The spacious tents make your stay comfortable and the pool offers wonderful views. In the evening, wrap the day up with dinner at the camp.
Overnight in Maasai Mara.
Day 2 : MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (5-6 hrs on game drives)
Enjoy an early breakfast before departing on a morning game drive. The Maasai Mara National Reserve is home to millions of wild animals, including the fabled Big Five of lions, leopards, elephants, buffaloes and black rhinos. There are also antelopes, gazelles, wildebeest, and many others. Return to the lodge for lunch and perhaps a siesta before setting off for an afternoon game drive and a visit to a Maasai village. Return to the lodge as the sun sets, for dinner.
Overnight in Maasai Mara.
Day 3 : MAASAI MARA – LAKE NAKURU – LAKE ELEMENTAITA (210km – 4 hrs)
Bid farewell to Maasai Mara after breakfast and travel across the ‘breadbasket’ of Kenya. Wheat and barley plantations dominate the landscape as you head north to Narok, the district headquarters of this part of Maasailand. Cross the vast plains on the floor of the Great Rift Valley, keeping an eye out for herds of giraffes and gazelles as you head up the Mau Escarpment. Arrive at your lodge at Lake Elementaita around midday. After lunch, depart for an afternoon game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park, whose waters are often coloured a shimmering pink from the thousands of flamingos that line its shores. Like all the beautiful flamingos, both black and white rhinos are being carefully protected and given a new lease of life in this fully fenced 188 square kilometre park. The rhino population numbers more than 50 and continues to grow. The Rothschild’s giraffe is another rarity and the park has its fair share of buffaloes, leopards, zebras, elands, waterbucks, and lions. Sentrim Elementaita Lodge is located on the shores of flamingo and pelican-fringed Lake Elementaita. The lodge overlooks this beautiful lake and its surrounding national park, being a paradise for bird-watchers and wildlife lovers alike. In the evening, dinner will be served at the lodge.
Overnight in Lake Elementaita.
Day 4 : LAKE ELEMENTAITA – DEPART NAIROBI (140km – 3 hrs)
Following an early breakfast, continue to Lake Naivasha for a boat ride. Then, leaving the Rift Valley behind, proceed to Nairobi arriving late in the morning. Once in the city, you will be dropped off at the InterContinental Hotel at 12:00 pm approx.; to continue with your individual travel arrangements. Flights to be booked 03:30 pm onwards.