Kenya Classic, Serena Lodges
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
An African safari touches something deep within all of us, for it is an experience that will never be forgotten. This seven-day adventure takes you to some of the most dramatic landscapes on the planet in search of wildlife, especially the Big Five, and intriguing cultures. The safari covers two national parks, one national reserve, and one conservation area. The driver-guides are all skilled experts and will certainly make this safari feel special while the accommodation has been specifically chosen to enhance your experience.
Maasai Mara National Reserve: situated in south-west Kenya and is one of Africa’s Greatest Wildlife Reserves, and where the world’s largest multi-species migration takes place. Across the vast plains of the Mara, visitors can witness lions, cheetahs, leopards, elephants, and an infinite variety of other species in their natural habitats.
Lake Nakuru National Park: on the floor of the Great Rift Valley, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges. It is ideal for bird watching and game drives.
Amboseli National Park: crowned by Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak, the Amboseli National Parks is one of Kenya’s finest parks. Amboseli is also nature a photograph lover. On your game drives on Amboseli great horizons, you can spot wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, gazelle and of course, cheetahs and lions.
- Operated with bilingual English-, Spanish-, French-, German-, or Italian-speaking local driver-guide throughout the tour (The assigned local driver-guide may change during the itinerary. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers)
- 6 night’s accommodation
- 6 breakfasts
- 5 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Arrival and departure private transfer in an air-conditioning car from/to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- 4×4 vehicle with a pop-up roof and guaranteed window seat during game drives and all transportation throughout the tour (maximum 7 persons per vehicle) on a private basis
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: 1 game drive at Maasai Mara National Reserve (Day 2); 2 game drives at Maasai Mara National Reserve (Day 3); 1 game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park (Day 4); 2 game drives at Amboseli National Park (Day 6)
- Meet & Greet
- All park and government fees
- 1 bottle of mineral water (500ml) per person per day on game drives
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 1, the check-in at the hotel is from 02:00 pm, clients arriving in the middle of the night must book a pre-night, as waiting in the lobby is not permitted
- Day 7, the drop-off at InterContinental Hotel in Nairobi or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at 01:30 pm approx. Flights to be booked 04:00 pm onwards
- Due to limited luggage space in vehicles, suitcases are unsuitable for scheduled road safaris. We recommend luggage packed in inexpensive barrel/sausage bags or soft-sided bags not exceeding 15kg and 65×46 cm. Excess luggage can be handed over to the representative at the time of briefing. It will be handed over to you on your return from the safari. Additional costs may apply to pick up drop off luggage at specific points
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed
- This tour is a combination of regular tours and shared arrangements, clients may be required to change vehicles
- Park fees may change without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will have to be covered by the client
What do I need to bring?
Passengers should bring only soft-sided bags on safari. Passengers arriving to Kenya may be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate. Travellers’ cheques are generally not accepted in east Africa. US banknotes cannot be older than 2004 and must have the latest security markings (large portrait of the president). Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Nairobi:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Nairobi Serena Hotel or similar 5*
Day 2-3 Maasai Mara:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Mara Serena Safari Lodge or similar 5*
Day 4 Lake Elementaita:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Lake Elementaita Lodge or similar 5*
Day 5-6 Amboseli:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge or similar 5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL NAIROBI
After landing at Nairobi International Airport, make your way to the arrivals hall where a representative will meet and transfer you to the hotel. Please note that check-in is from 02:00 pm, clients arriving in the middle of the night must book a pre-night, as waiting in the lobby is not permitted. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure, perhaps taking advantage of the facilities. The Serena group is renowned for its excellent standards and the Nairobi Serena is no exception. Shaded by the glorious jacaranda, bougainvillaea and acacia trees and surrounded by lush landscaped gardens, the hotel provides a peaceful retreat. The centrally located Serena overlooks Central Park and is a brief walk away from landmarks such as All Saints Cathedral, the Supreme Court, City Hall and the parliament. You may also pay a visit to Nairobi’s city centre, and return for dinner at the hotel’s restaurant (own expense).
Overnight in Nairobi.
Day 2 : NAIROBI – MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (280kms – 5 hrs)
After a tasty breakfast, depart Nairobi early morning, travelling towards Kenya’s fertile highlands and head down the Rift Escarpment on a road built by Italian prisoners during World War II. Keep an eye out for the charming chapel they built at the foot of the escarpment. Pass the futuristic Longonot earth satellite station as you head across the valley to Narok, and then travel through fields of wheat and barley, before reaching the Maasai Mara and Mara Serena Safari Lodge in time for lunch. Afterwards, it’s time for the first game drive of the tour in the afternoon, returning to the lodge at sunset. A masterful interpretation of a traditional Maasai village, Mara Serena Safari Lodge seemingly floats on a sea of savannah and the beautiful pool looks out over the wide plains, offering stunning views. The rooms are Maasai-influenced in style yet extremely comfortable. The main dining room, where meals are served, has three large domes and three small ones depicting Maasai manyattas (villages). An African al fresco barbecue is occasionally served by the pool overlooking the Mara plains. It is on this very terrain, stretching endlessly before the lodge, that the annual migrations take place, where millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle pass through on their way to and from their alternative feeding grounds in Tanzania. All this ensures a blissfully comfortable stay. In the evening, dinner will be served at the lodge.
Overnight in Maasai Mara.
Day 3 : MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (5-6 hrs on game drives)
Enjoy an early breakfast before departing for a morning game drive. The Maasai Mara National Reserve is home to millions of wild animals, including the fabled Big Five of lions, leopards, elephants, buffaloes and black rhinos as well as antelopes, gazelles and wildebeests among others. Return to the lodge for lunch and perhaps a siesta before setting off for an afternoon game drive, and a visit to a Maasai village, heading back to the lodge as the sun sets, where you’ll end the day with dinner.
Overnight in Maasai Mara.
Day 4 : MAASAI MARA – LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK – LAKE ELEMENTAITA (210kms – 4 hrs)
Bid farewell to the Maasai Mara after breakfast and travel across the ‘breadbasket’ of Kenya. Wheat and barley plantations dominate the landscape as you head north to Narok, the district headquarters of this part of Maasailand. Cross the vast plains on the floor of the Rift Valley, keeping an eye out for herds of giraffes and gazelles as you head up the Mau Escarpment. Stop en-route for a picnic lunch. After lunch, depart for an afternoon game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park, whose waters are often shimmering pink from the thousands of flamingos that line its shores. Like all the beautiful flamingos, both black and white rhinos are being carefully protected and given a new lease of life in this fully fenced 188 square kilometre park. The rhino population numbers more than 50 and continues to grow. The Rothschild’s giraffe is another rarity and the park has its fair share of buffaloes, leopards, zebras, elands, waterbucks, and lions. Located in the Soysambu Wildlife Conservancy, Lake Elementita Serena Camp is on the northern shore of the lake. It offers a blend of exclusivity and adventure, with luxury tents, a dining and lounge area, spa and swimming pool. As well as boasting unparalleled views of the lake and its birdlife, it is East Africa’s only breeding ground for the great white pelican, and also home to a range of wildlife. Head back to the lodge as the sun sets, before ending the day with dinner.
Overnight at Lake Elementaita.
Day 5 : LAKE ELEMENTAITA – AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK (345kms – 5 hrs)
Following an early breakfast, we leave the Rift Valley behind and proceed to Nairobi for an early lunch (or picnic lunch depending on road conditions), then continue south towards Amboseli, arriving at your lodge by late afternoon. Lying in the shadow of Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro, Amboseli Serena Lodge is surrounded by a thick forest of acacia trees and exquisite gardens. Brightly decorated in an African motif, the lodge’s 96 comfortable rooms emulate the architecture of a Maasai village with its manyattas or homes. In the late afternoons and evenings, relax on the beautiful lounge terrace adorned with gardens, pool and paths. From here, watch the nightly ritual of wildebeests, antelopes, elephants and other animals coming into graze. In the evening, wrap the day up with dinner at the lodge.
Overnight in Amboseli.
Day 6 : AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK (5-6 hrs on game drives)
Feast on a fine breakfast preparing for a morning and afternoon spent on game drives in Amboseli. At around noon, lunch will be served at the lodge. Most of the park consists of a partially dry lake bed of evaporated salts and fragile grassland with patches of acacia woodland. You can see most types of game in the park, including rhinos, giraffes, gazelles, lions, cheetahs, and leopards. Birdlife is prolific, too, especially around the swamp areas. This entire experience is carried out under the shadow of the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro, which rises some 5,000 metres above the national park. In the evening, dinner will be served at the lodge.
Overnight in Amboseli.
Day 7 : AMBOSELI – DEPARTURE NAIROBI (215kms – 3.5 hrs)
After an early breakfast, relax and catch the last views of the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro. Shortly after head northwards to Nairobi, crossing the seemingly never-ending Athi Plains. Arrive in the bustling capital or the airport by 01:30 pm, for drop off and ongoing travel arrangements. Recommended departure flights departing from 04:00 pm.