Puglia, Italy’s Undiscovered Heel
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join this eight-day TUI Tour to discover and explore Puglia: an unforgettable experience through Italian culture, history and flavours. Wander through the alleys of Martina Franca; visit Alberobello, and discover why this stunning architecture was so popular in the past and how the Trulli were built. Marvel at the one of a kind ancient town of Matera. Visit Lecce, the pearl of the Apulian baroque; and Otranto, with its beautiful Cathedral. Explore the old city of Bari, and learn how to make orecchiette, the local home-made pasta.
Alberobello: universally-known as the capital of the ‘Trulli’, famous worldwide for their beauty and unique characteristics, and represent one of the most extraordinary examples of Italian folk architecture.
Martina Franca: known for its Baroque architecture and the music festival of the Itria Valley, one of the three major towns surrounding the Valle d’Itria.
Lecce: the most beautiful city in Puglia, the Baroque masterpiece of southern Italy. Sometimes described as the ‘Rome of the South’, with a long history of rich architecture and art.
Matera: one of the most interesting, unusual and memorable tourist destinations in Italy, it is a town famous for its extensive cave-dwelling districts, the ‘sassi’.
Trani: a town located in the proximity of Castel del Monte, whose jewel is represented by his church that overlooks the Adriatic Sea and one of the most splendid Romanesque cathedrals.
Bari: combines seaside charm and historical appeal. A major cruise port, the University City is also known for its old town, which boasts churches, picturesque courtyards, and other tucked-away gems.
Otranto: a picturesque town of Puglia, famous for the Cathedral, whose mosaic floor of the 2nd century will delight you.
- Operated with English-speaking TUI tour-escort throughout the itinerary
- Operated with English-speaking local guide for the visits to Bari and Matera
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch (self-made pasta dish at the cooking demonstration)
- Arrival and departure shared transfer in an air-conditioning bus from/to Brindisi Airport
- Shared transportation in an air-conditioning bus throughout the tour
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary: Martina Franca walking tour, Alberobello walking tour, Olive oil mill visit including tasting (Day 2); Lecce city tour, Otranto city tour (Day 3); Matera City tour, full-day (Day 4); Trani city tour, Bari city tour, Pasta making with the locals (Day 6); Ostuni city tour, Mozzarella Cheese Factory visit including tasting (Day 7)
- Meet & Greet
- Welcome cocktail
- Porterage In/Out at the hotel
- Flight check-in assistance at the airport
- Audioguide (Day 2-7)
- 1 bottle of mineral water per person per day (Day 1-8)
- Tour-escort assistance during the night
- Entrance fee to the monuments
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Domestic nor international flights
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons.
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed.
Day 1, 7 Alberobello:
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Colle del Sole or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.