Beijing, Cultural Experience, City break, Private
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join this four-day tour to discover the essence of Beijing, a city that seamlessly blends culture and history with modernism and innovation. Visit the Forbidden City, the world’s largest palace complex, and hike along the best-preserved section of Great Wall: the Mutianyu section, which boasts breath-taking scenery. This tour offers you the flexibility you need to spend some free time wandering the streets of vibrant Beijing by yourself or choosing from a range of optional tours.
Forbidden City: The largest and best-preserved palatial complex of the imperial era, the Forbidden City once served as the imperial palace for 24 emperors during the Ming and Qing dynasties
Great Wall: One of the eight wonders of the world, this immense wall was built both to keep out invaders and to retain the inhabitants. Stroll along the most beautiful part of the wall: the Mutianyu section
- Full-day Beijing tour operated with a local English-speaking guide on day 2 on private basis
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- 3 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch on day 2 (Set menu lunch in local Chinese restaurant with one glass of soft drink per person per meal)
- Inbound/Outbound private transfer from/to Beijing International Airport
- Air-conditioned private transport during the full-day tour
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary; Forbidden City tour and Great Wall tour on day 2
- Meet & Greet at Beijing International Airport on day 1
- International flight tickets and airport taxes or China visa fees (if any)
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic/non- alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Any visit not mentioned in the programme
- Optional tours and activities
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Forbidden City is closed on Mondays
- Please check the China visa requirements with your local embassy or authorities
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of package is not allowed
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the contents of the tour without prior notice, including possible change of hotels and/or itinerary
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is best suited to travel in the warm months and warm clothing in the colder months in China. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or sparse clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses and a hat can be very useful during your stay.
Please bring comfortable shoes for walking along the Great Wall.
Day 1-3 Beijing:
- Superior Hotel Category = Qianmen Jianguo Hotel or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL BEIJING
Arrive at Beijing Capital International Airport. Upon arrival, a representative will be waiting to greet you at the airport and accompany you on the transfer to the city. The private transfer will take you directly to your hotel in Beijing. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure in the city. Take the opportunity to rest and recover after the flight or head out into the city for your first glimpse of life in China’s sprawling capital city
Overnight in Beijing.
Day 2 : BEIJING (Forbidden City and Mutianyu Great Wall Tour)
After breakfast at the hotel, we will pick you up at about 8:00 in the morning to visit the Forbidden City. After a 30-minute-to-1-hour-long ride, we’ll spend an hour and a half exploring the halls and gardens of the largest ancient palatial structure in the world, the best-preserved imperial palace in China and a site of great historical importance. Then, travel northeast for a couple of hours until reaching the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. Contemplate the stunning views of the Yanshan Mountains before enjoying lunch and a walk along the Great Wall. You can spend about two and a half hours taking in the spectacular scenery and roaming the walls. The Mutianyu Great Wall is one of the best-preserved and best-known Great Wall sections, with breath-taking scenery and fewer tourists than other parts of the Wall. Afterwards, you’ll be driven back to your hotel, where you’ll be dropped off at around 19:00, just in time for dinner (not included) and to further explore the surroundings at leisure.
Overnight in Beijing.
Day 3 : BEIJING
After finishing your breakfast at the hotel, get ready to enjoy a full day at leisure in the city of Beijing. You can either set out to visit the sites most interesting to you or simply relax at the hotel and enjoy the available services. Alternately, you can choose from one of the optional tours.
Optional Tour A: Hutong tour in the morning that includes a rickshaw ride in the old quarter of ancient Beijing, where you’ll also visit a local family. Later in the day, visit the Temple of Heaven. Then, after lunch (included), visit the Maliandao Tea Street, the biggest tea market in Northern China. Pop into a tea house to experience and make your own tea brick. As well as tasting several kinds of teas, you will also meet a tea master and learn more about the history of Chinese tea.
Optional Tour B: Visit a Taoist Temple where you can experience the morning class alongside Taoist priests, who will teach you the history of Tai Chi and Feng Shui. Then visit the Summer Palace and, after lunch (included), enjoy a Chinese calligraphy lesson.
Overnight in Beijing.
Day 4 : DEPARTURE BEIJING
Wake up to breakfast at your hotel. Then prepare to check out of your room at the scheduled time and transfer to the airport for your onward or return flight. Although this is the last day in Beijing, we are sure that your memories of this fascinating city will last you a lifetime.