Two Centre Turkey Break, Private Tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join this five-day mesmerising tour that covers some of the most important historical and natural wonders in North and West Turkey beginning with the captivating city of Istanbul. Visit the famous Blue Mosque, admiring its magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles and explore the ancient Hippodrome in Istanbul. Then continue your adventure in Cappadocia, with the spectacular Goreme open-air museum, the lunar landscape, and the Uchisar rock castle, where you have the chance to admire a panoramic view of the valleys below. Enjoy this memorable tour that introduces the magical history of Istanbul combined with the natural wonder in central Turkey.
Istanbul: Served as a capital city to the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, this Euro-Asian city never fails to enthral, with its beautiful buildings in the old city of Sultanahmet overlooking the Bosphorus strait which separates the city between Europe and Asia. You can find anything you might be looking for and more in beautiful Istanbul.
Cappadocia: The Ancient region in central Anatolia, situated on the rugged plateau north of the Taurus Mountains, in the centre of present-day Turkey boasts a lunar-landscape and early Christain churches carved out of volcanic rock.
- Fully escorted by English speaking tour guide on private basis
- Four nights accommodation in indicated category of hotels
- Breakfast Daily
- Three lunches: one on day 2, one on day 3, one on day 4.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- As noted in the itinerary, old city tour in Istanbul, Topaki Palace, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Cover Bazaar, Bosphorous Cruise, Uchisar Castle, Goreme Open Air Museum, Cavusin, Pasabagi, wine tasting in Urgup
- Arrival airport transfers as per itinerary
- Local airport transfers as per itinerary
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles.
- All applicable government taxes and fees
- Meet and greet on day 1.
- International flights, airport fees of any kind
- Domestic flight
- Meals, other than specified in itinerary
- Optional offered tours and events
- Everything not clearly mentioned in “Rates include”
- Day 3: Istanbul – Cappadocia flight is not included and our recommendation is not to book prior to 16:00 hrs.
- St. Sophia Museum is closed on Mondays
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Turkey. Shoes should be removed before entering a mosque or private house. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1,2 Istanbul:
- Superior Hotel Category = Dosso Dossi Old Town Hotel or similar 4*
Day 3,4 Cappadocia:
- Superior Hotel Category = Maze of Cappadocia Hotel or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ISTANBUL
Arrive at Istanbul airport where a representative will meet and greet you before you are transferred to your hotel for check-in. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure, relaxing in the hotel or exploring the surroundings on your own.
Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 : ISTANBUL
Begin your day with a delicious breakfast before you are picked up from the hotel to start a tour of the old city, known as Sultanahmet. The first stop is Topkapi Palace – the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries housing an exquisite collection of crystal, silver, and Chinese porcelain, robes worn by the sultans and their families, the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury, miniatures and the Holy Mantle, as well as relics of the Prophet Mohammed. Next, see Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque located across from St. Sophia and built in the 16th century by the architect Mehmet. It is also known as the Blue Mosque because of its’ magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles. Continue with visiting the ancient Hippodrome and admiring the Obelisk of Theodosius, the bronze Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine. After a delectable lunch break, wander around the Grand Covered Bazaar. In this labyrinth of streets and passages, there are more than 4,000 shops with each trade having its own area, such as the goldsmiths street, the carpet sellers, Turkish arts and crafts, and many other surprises. After the tour, transfer back to your hotel. You can end your day in Istanbul with an optional 1001 Nights dinner show.
Overnight in Istanbul. Lunch included.
Day 3 : ISTANBUL – CAPPADOCIA (750 KM – 1HRS BY FLIGTH & 30 MIN BY LAND)
After having a delectable breakfast, start the tour with a fascinating Bosphorus Cruise. Enjoy the array of sites you can see from the boat including the Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar), old city walls, Topkapi Palace, and many other beautiful landmarks. Luxuriate in a mouthwatering lunch at a local restaurant and head towards Istanbul Ataturk airport to catch your flight to Cappadocia. On arrival, enjoy a comfortable transfer to your hotel. The flight to Cappadocia is not included.
Overnight in Cappadocia. Lunch included.
Day 4 : CAPPADOCIA
Begin your day with a delicious breakfast and if you feel adventurous, take advantage of the optional balloon tour available in the early morning, offering a spectacular view of this amazing landscape. Then, drive to Derinkuyu underground city, one of the best preserved and deepest underground cities in Cappadocia, reaching 55 metres below ground and having eight levels open to visitors. We then visit Uchisar Castle, the highest point of Cappadocia for a panoramic view of the valleys below. After Uchisar, we visit Goreme Open Air Museum where early Christian churches carved out of the rock are decorated with beautiful religious frescoes dating from the 10th century. Next stop is Cavusin, which is an abandoned village with old cave Greek houses. Then, we enjoy a relaxing lunch stop at Avanos and continue with a visit to a pottery workshop, to see how the local ceramics are made. Afterwards, we move on to Pasabagi where you can see rock formations in the shape of three-headed fairy chimneys and visit a workshop to see Cappadocian handwoven carpets and kilims. Next stop is Devrent Valley, also called Imagination Valley, where you can see natural rock formations looking like animals. Then, we go to a wine shop in Urgup for wine tasting. Last stop is the Three Beauties, three beautiful fairy chimneys with their hats, which is the symbol of Cappadocia. And if you want to have some fun add an authentic Turkish Night Show or a Whirling Dervish Show to your day. The optional tours are not included.
Overnight in Cappadocia. Lunch included.
Day 5 : DEPART CAPPADOCIA
Enjoy a tasty breakfast before checking out of the hotel and heading towards the local airport to continue with your travel arrangements.