Magical Cappadocia Package
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Explore the delights of Cappadocia in this condensed three-days package which gives a taste of the highlights of this fascinating region in central Turkey, home of ‘fairy chimneys’ and early Christian churches.
Cappadocia: This ancient district in central Anatolia, famous for its troglodyte dwellings, fairy chimneys and lunar-like landscape.
- Operated with local licensed English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German-speaking tour guide.
- 2 nights’ accommodation.
- 2 breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- Inbound/Outbound transfers from and to Airport on shared basis
- Modern air-conditioned coach through the tour
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Admissions to attractions, sites and museums as outlined in the programme.
- Hot-air balloon ride.
- All applicable government taxes and fees. Any increases in VAT and other fees will be reflected to the per person prices.
- Meet and great on day 1
- International or domestic flights and/or airport fees of any kind
- Meals not specified in the programme
- Optional excursions and activities
- Everything not clearly mentioned in “Rates include”
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
- An age limit of 7+ to participate in the hot-air ballon ride.
- Optional activity “2 Pre-night in Istanbul + Full Day Classical Istanbul Tour”: It consists of two extra previous night in Istanbul (client needs to arrive two days earlier the normal tour starts) with full day tour (available only in English and Spanish). Day 1: The guide will meet you at the hotel reception at 09:00am. The tour begins with a visit to Topkapi Palace, which was used by the Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th centuries. Here you will see the impressive collection of priceless jewels, crystal, silver and porcelain, robes worn by the sultans and relics of the prophet Mohammed. After lunch we will see the Blue Mosque, built for Sultan Ahmet I, which is a unique piece of architecture with its six minarets and features 20,000 beautiful blue Iznik tiles. This is followed by a visit to the ancient Hippodrome where you will see the Obelisk of Theodosius, Snake Pillar and the German Fountain of Wilhelm II. Afterwards we walk through the back streets of Old Istanbul and visit the Yerebatan underground Cistern. At the end of the tour we will have time to see the Grand Bazaar (except Sundays). Overnight stay in Istanbul. Breakfast and lunch included. Day 2: Transfer to Istanbul airport for flight to Cappadocia airport (Kayseri or Nevsehir). Flight not included. This day corresponds with Day, arrival day in the original tour.
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Turkey. Shoes should be removed before entering a mosque or private house. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 Cappadocia:
- Superior Hotel Category = Maze of Cappadocia Hotel or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL CAPPADOCIA
Meet at the airport (Kayseri or Nevsehir) and transfer to your ‘cave’ hotel. Spend the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the magnificent panoramic view of this amazing landscape.
- Overnight in Cappadocia
Day 2 : CAPPADOCIA – CLASSICAL TOUR
After breakfast, at 9.30 in the morning your guide will pick you up from the hotel to begin the Classical Cappadocia tour. This tour starts with Goreme panorama and Goreme open-air museum where there are several churches carved out of the rock, dating back to between the 10th and 13th centuries and displaying beautiful frescoes of religious scenes. We then move on to Devrent Valley to look at the strange rock formations and this is followed by Pasabag, meaning the Pasha’s vineyard where mushroom-shaped rocks tower over the vineyard. There is a stop for lunch at the town of Avanos on the banks of the Red River where distinctive ceramics are made from the local red soil. This is followed by a panoramic view of Pigeon Valley, home to thousands of pigeon houses carved out of the soft tufa stone, before completion of the day’s tour at one of the incredible underground cities for which this region is famous. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Overnight stay in Cappadocia.
Day 3 : CAPPADOCIA – HOT-AIR BALLOON RIDE – DEPARTURE CAPPADOCIA
You will be picked up from your hotel early morning, approximately 5:00 in the morning depending on sunrise time, to join the hot-air balloon ride. At the ascent point there is a short briefing before the flight which lasts an hour. The end of the ride is celebrated with a glass of champagne and then you are transferred back to your hotel for breakfast and a rest if you wish before your transfer to the local airport for the flight back to your destination (transfer time dependant on your flight).
- Breakfast included.