Istanbul and Cappadocia with Balloon Ride
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
See historical highlights in Istanbul and a geological wonderland in Cappadocia, central Turkey on this memorable four-day tour of some of Turkey’s most impressive sights. Stroll the beautifully arranged streets of Istanbul and visit the fascinating Topkapi Palace, used by the Ottoman Sultans, admire the famous Blue Mosque, a unique piece of architecture built for Sultan Ahmet I, and catch a glimpse of the magnificent ancient Hippodrome. Then, continue your adventure in Cappadocia, with the spectacular Goreme open-air museum, the lunar landscape of the different rock formations in Devrent Valley and the highest point of Cappadocia, known as Uchisar rock castle, where you have the chance to enjoy a panoramic view of the valleys below. End this unforgettable trip with an exciting hot balloon ride!
Istanbul: Served as a capital city to the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, this Euro-Asian city never fails to enthral, with its beautiful buildings in the old city of Sultanahmet overlooking the Bosphorus strait which separates the city between Europe and Asia. You can find anything you might be looking for and more in beautiful Istanbul.
Cappadocia: The Ancient region in central Anatolia, situated on the rugged plateau north of the Taurus Mountains, in the centre of present-day Turkey boasts a lunar-landscape and early Christain churches carved out of volcanic rock.
- Local guides. Licensed English and Spanish- speaking tour guides
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- Modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Local airport transfers as mentioned in itinerary
- Arrival airport transfer from Istanbul.
- Breakfasts as per itinerary
- Two lunches: one on day 2 and one on day 3.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- As noted in the itinerary, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, ancient Hippodrome, Old Istanbul, the Yerebatan underground Cistern, Grand Bazaar in Istambul, Goreme open-air museum, Uchisar rock castle
- Hot-air balloon ride in Cappadocia.
- All applicable government taxes and fees
- Meet and Greet on day 1 and day 3.
- International and domestic flights
- Meals other than specified in itinerary
- Admission fees
- Optional excursions and activities
- Day 3: Istanbul – Cappadocia flight is not included and our recommendation is to book a flight (TK2006 IST-NAV) prior to 7:00 hrs.
- Day 4: Late arrival in Cappadocia. If you are booking onward flights it is recommended not to book a flight prior to 15:00 hrs.
- The Grand Bazaar in Istanbul is closed on Sundays
- An age limit of 7+ to participate in the hot-air balloon ride
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Turkey. Shoes should be removed before entering a mosque or private house. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 Istanbul:
- Superior Hotel Category = Dosso Dossi Old City hotel or similar 4*
Day 3 Cappadocia:
- Superior Hotel Category = Maze of Cappadocia Hotel or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ISTANBUL
Arrive at Istanbul airport where a representative will meet and greet you before you are transferred to your hotel for check-in. Enjoy the afternoon at relaxing in the hotel or exploring the surroundings at leisure or, depending on your arrival time, join an optional Bosphorus Cruise Tour. The one hour shared boat cruise departs from and returns to Ortaköy on the European side of the Bosphorus. It sails north as far as the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge then turns and heads back passing old towns along the waterfront such as Arnavutköy, Bebek, Aşiyan and Kandilli and historic sites like the Rümeli and Anatolian Fortresses. The tour includes your hotel pick-up and drop-off. The optional activity is not included.
Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 : ISTANBUL
Indulge in a delicious breakfast at the hotel and prepare for an early meeting with your guide. Today, the tour begins with a visit to Topkapi Palace, which was used by the Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th centuries. Here you will see the impressive collection of priceless jewels, crystal, silver and porcelain, robes worn by the sultan, and relics of the prophet Mohammed. Stop for a tasty lunch and then see the Blue Mosque, a unique piece of architecture with its six minarets built for Sultan Ahmet I, featuring 20,000 beautiful blue Iznik tiles. Afterwards, enjoy a visit to the ancient Hippodrome where you will see the Obelisk of Theodosius, Snake Pillar and the German Fountain of Wilhelm II. Continue with strolling the back streets of Old Istanbul and visiting the Yerebatan underground Cistern. At the end of the tour, we will have time to wander around the Grand Bazaar.
Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 3 : ISTANBUL – CAPPADOCIA (1.5 HRS FLIGHT)
Early morning departure from your hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport to catch your flight to Cappadocia. On arrival at the airport in Cappadocia, your driver will wait to greet you outside the arrival gate, with a sign bearing your name. Transfer to your hotel for a short rest before the start of this mesmerising tour. Your adventure begins with a visit to the spectacular Goreme open-air museum, home to ancient churches carved out of the volcanic rock and with interiors adorned with beautiful Byzantine frescoes. We then continue to see the lunar landscape of the different rock formations in Devrent Valley and its troglodyte houses. Move on to Pasabag and the ‘fairy chimneys’ where the voice of the wind mixes with the ‘songs of fairies’ near Zelve. A delicious lunch is served in Avanos, a town which was the centre of terra cotta work since 3,000 BC. After lunch, we will visit one of the region’s underground cities, where early Christians used to hide from invading armies. The tour will end with visiting the highest point of Cappadocia, Uchisar rock castle, to enjoy a panoramic view of the valleys below. Flights to and from Cappadocia are not included.
Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 4 : HOT – AIR BALLOON TOUR – DEPART CAPPADOCIA
Early in the morning you are picked up from your hotel and taken to the balloon ascent point for a briefing before the one-hour flight. After sailing over this spellbinding landscape, we land and join a celebration of the flight with a toast of champagne before returning to your hotel for a tasty breakfast. Later, a representative will meet you at the hotel and transfer you to the local airport to continue with your travel arrangements.