Dervish & Fairy Chimney, Private Tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
See Turkey’s historical and natural highlights on this memorable four-day tour. Visit the fascinating city of Konya, capital of the great Selcuk Empire during the 13th century and once the home of the mystic, and catch a glimpse of the impressive examples of Islamic art and architecture. Admire the mesmerising lunar landscape of Cappadocia, visit its famous open-air Museum of Goreme, as well as the delightful Karanlik Church. Enjoy interesting culture and history during this memorable compact tour of some of Turkey’s most popular attractions.
Konya: Wander around the well-known home of the Whirling Dervishes and visit the Mausoleum of the mystic Rumi, admiring impressive examples of Islamic art and architecture.
Cappadocia: Situated on the rugged plateau north of the Taurus Mountains, in the centre of present-day Turkey, Cappadocia is a hypnotising geological phenomenon of ‘fairy chimneys’, troglodyte dwellings, and beautiful religious frescoes dating from between 10th and 13th centuries.
- Fully escorted by English- speaking tour guide on a private basis
- Two nights accommodation in 4* hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- One night accommodation in 4* hotels on room only basis.
- Two breakfasts
- During transfers and tour based on newer air-conditioned vehicles
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: tour in Konya, Cappadocia full day tour and half day tour of Ihlara Valley
- All applicable government taxes and fees
- Meet and greet on day 1.
- International and domestic Flights
- Admission fees
- Optional excursions and activities.
- Day 2: Istanbul – Ankara flight is not included and our recommendation is to book a flight (TK2122 IST-ESB) prior to 7:00 hrs.
- Day 4: Due to the late arrival in Ankara, it is recommended not to book a flight prior to 22:00 hrs.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Turkey. Shoes should be removed before entering a mosque or private house. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Istanbul:
- Superior Hotel Category = Dosso Dossi Old Town Hotel or similar 4*
Day 2, 3 Cappadocia:
- Superior Hotel Category = Maze of Cappadocia Hotel or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ISTANBUL
Arrive at Istanbul airport where a representative will meet and greet you before you are transferred to your hotel for check-in. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure, relaxing in the hotel or exploring the surroundings on your own.
Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 : ISTANBUL – ANKARA – KONYA – CAPPADOCIA (1 hr by flight – 530 Km – 6.5 Hrs by land)
Enjoy an early morning transfer to Istanbul Airport for your flight to Ankara. On arrival at Esenboga Ankara Airport, hop in a private car and enjoy your journey to Konya. On arrival, we will visit the Mausoleum of Mevlana, having the opportunity to see some practising Dervishes. Then, catch a glimpse of the 13th-century theological schools of Karatay and İnce Minare. We then continue to Cappadocia, where the journey will give you a chance to reflect on the poetry and teachings of Mevlana. The flight to Ankara is not included.
Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 3 : CAPPADOCIA
After a delectable breakfast, join a full day Cappadocia tour. You will visit the dazzling open-air Museum of Göreme, admiring its churches carved out of rock and one-of-a-kind frescoes. Then praise the enchanting Karanlik Church, which has recently been restored and announced as one of the World’s treasures by UNESCO. Other sites to visit are the Soganli Valley, Çavuşin Village, and Paşabağ Valley with the famous Fairy Chimneys, as well as the Underground City of Kaymakli or Derinkuyu, and the Citadel of Uçhisar. Additionally, you will catch sight of the Pigeon Valley, the Avcilar Valley, the Zelve Valley and Avanos, the pottery village.
Overnight in Cappadocia.
Day 4 : CAPPADOCIA – DEPART ANKARA
Indulge in a delicious breakfast and head towards Ihlara Valley. Before driving to Ankara via the famous Salt Lake, a vast ocean of white, you can enjoy an optional lunch and luxuriate in a selection of local wines in a local restaurant. The drive takes almost four hours, with a short visit to the 13th century Agzikarahan Caravanserai of Seljuks. Arrive in Ankara in the evening and continue with your travel arrangements.