Cappadocia and The West of Turkey
[6 Days Tour]
Cappadocia and The West of Turkey
See some of Turkey’s fascinating natural wonders, history and coastal delights in this tour which reaches central Turkey and some high spots on the western coast of the country.
Cappadocia: Visit Uchisar Castle, Goreme Open Air Museum, the old cave houses of Cavusin, the ‘fairy chimneys’ of Pasabagi, the Devrent Valley and enjoy a wine tasting in Urgup. Hot-air balloon ride over the valleys of this fascinating region.
Izmir: Turkey’s third largest city on the Aegean Coast.
Cesme: Popular holiday destination, famous for windsurfing
Ephesus: Magnificent ancient city visited three times by St Paul with the House of the Virgin Mary nearby.
Kusadasi: Port of call for large cruise ships.
Pamukkale: A natural wonder of white travertines and old Roman spa city.
- Operated with fully escorted by English speaking tour guide
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- 4 breakfasts
- During transfers and tour based on newer air-conditioned vehicles.
- Inbound/Outbound transfers from and to the airport on shared basis.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: explore Derinkuyu Underground City, visit the Ihlara Valley, visit rock chapels with amazing religious frescoes, visit the Ağzikarahan Caravansarai, visit a local wine factory in Cappadocia, hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia, visit the citadel of Uchisar, visit Goreme Open Air Museum, walking tour to Zelve – Paşabag (“fairy chimneys” area), Avanos, pilgrimage visit to the House of the Virgin Mary in Ephesus, visit the rock pools in Pamukkale.
- All applicable government taxes and fees. Any increases in VAT and other fees will be reflected to the per person prices.
- Meet and greet on day 1
- International and domestic flights
- Admission fees
- Optional excursions and activities.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
- Recommended flights: Day 2: TK2010 IST-ASR / Day 3: PC3191 ASR-ADB / Last Day: TK2337 ADB-IST
- Optional activity “Pre-night in Istanbul + Full Day Classical Istanbul Tour”: It consists of one extra previous night in Istanbul (client needs to arrive a day earlier the normal tour starts) with full day tour. Day 1 (This day corresponds with Day 1, arrival day in the original tour): The guide will meet you at the hotel reception at 09:00 in the morning. The tour begins with a visit to Topkapi Palace, which was used by the Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th centuries. Here you will see the impressive collection of priceless jewels, crystal, silver and porcelain, robes worn by the sultans and relics of the prophet Mohammed. After lunch we will see the Blue Mosque, built for Sultan Ahmet I, which is a unique piece of architecture with its six minarets and features 20,000 beautiful blue Iznik tiles. This is followed by a visit to the ancient Hippodrome where you will see the Obelisk of Theodosius, Snake Pillar and the German Fountain of Wilhelm II. Afterwards we walk through the back streets of Old Istanbul and visit the Yerebatan underground Cistern. At the end of the tour we will have time to see the Grand Bazaar (except Sundays).
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Turkey. Shoes should be removed before entering a mosque or private house. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 75% if booking is cancelled 10 days or less before event
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ISTANBUL
Arrive at Istanbul airport where a representative will meet and greet you before you are transferred to your hotel for check-in. Enjoy the afternoon at relaxing in the hotel or exploring the surroundings at leisure.
Overnight in Istanbul.
Day 2 : ISTANBUL – CAPPADOCIA (830Kms – 1 hs by flight + 1 hr by road)
Your guide will be waiting for you for an early morning to transfer you to the airport in Istanbul. Following the flight to Kayseri city (not included), you will travel to the Cappadocia region by car. Here you will explore Derinkuyu Underground City, used during the early Christian époque as a refuge from the wrath of Romans. You will then visit the Ihlara Valley, which was formed by volcanic eruptions and has fascinating scenery. You will also visit rock chapels with amazing religious frescoes and have lunch (not included) in a small village located in the centre of the valley. On your way back to the hotel, you will visit the Ağzikarahan Caravansarai which was a pit stop for the travellers of the Silk Road and their camels; you will also visit a local wine factory to taste the delicious Cappadocia wines.
Overnight stay in Cappadocia.
Day 3 : CAPPADOCIA – IZMIR (760 KM – 1HR FLIGHT – TRANSFERS TO AND FROM AIRPORTS – 2 HRS)
Your day of wonders will begin early, even before breakfast at 05.30am. You will be picked up from the hotel to watch the sun rise over this magnificent land, from a hot air balloon. You will have a unique experience soaring above the landscape, picking out landmarks never before noticed. You will then return to the hotel for breakfast, check out of the hotel and continue to explore Cappadocia on a tour visiting the citadel of Uchisar, which was used as a watch tower, Pigeon Valley with hundreds of pigeon houses carved out of the soft tufa stone and the amazing panoramic view from Esentepe and Cevizlibag. Our next stop is the amazing Goreme Open Air Museum which is populated by churches with awe-inspiring frescoes on their walls made by exiled Christians during the Roman era. Following this you will take a short walk to Zelve – Paşabag where you will find the most interesting rock formations, called ‘fairy chimneys’ as well as the first examples of a monk’s chapel. The next stop is Avanos, famous for its ceramics made with the local red clay, using the millennia-old Hittite technique. After Avanos, you will be transferred to Kayseri Airport for the flight to Izmir (not included). On arrival, transfer to the hotel and check in.
Overnight in Izmir. Breakfast included.
Day 4 : IZMIR – CESME (80 KM – 1 HR)
After breakfast you will travel to Cesme, a coastal town in western Turkey and a prized location of country houses and secondary residences especially for the well-off inhabitants of Izmir. In recent decades it has become one of Turkey’s most popular resorts with pretty nearby villages and great conditions for wind-surfing and water sports. You will spend the night at this beautiful spot.
Overnight in Cesme. Breakfast included.
Day 5 : CESME – EPHESUS – KUSADASI (170 km – 2.5 hrs)
After breakfast, you will check out of the hotel and drive to the town of Selçuk to visit the ancient city of Ephesus, the Roman capital of Asia Minor. Your tour will include the Odeon, Marble Street, Hadrian’s Temple, the Celcius Library and the Great Theatre. You may opt for lunch in a local restaurant, before paying a pilgrimage visit to the House of the Virgin Mary. This Christian and Muslim shrine is located in the vicinity of Ephesus and it is believed by many that the Virgin Mary was taken to this stone house by Saint John and lived there to the end of her life. You will then be driven to another nearby coastal town, Kusadasi, and overnight.
Overnight in Kusadasi. Breakfast included.
Day 6 : KUSADASI – PAMUKKALE – DEPARTURE IZMIR (200 Km – 3 hrs by land & Flight to Istanbul 1 hr)
After breakfast at the hotel, leave the hotel at about 08.30 in the morning, you will drive to Pamukkale, in translation, ‘Cotton Castle’, which is a natural site created by hot springs of carbonate minerals flowing over a hillside and creating travertines of white rock pools. The ancient city of Hierapolis was built on top of the travertines, used by the Romans for the healing powers of its’ natural spring waters. During the tour you will visit the rock pools for some amazing photo opportunities, the ancient Hierapolis, Necropolis, Roman Baths and the Theatre. After an optional lunch, you will be driven to Izmir Airport for the flight back to Istanbul (not included), where you will stay at the airport for your connected flight back home, or be transferred to your hotel (hotel night not included).
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.