Taste of Tunisia
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Take a step back in time during this three-day tour through the splendid Mediterranean country of Tunisia. Visit impeccable Roman ruins, charming seaside villages, important Islamic monuments and distant desert escapes. The country’s history is sure to impress, and the heritage of its past is as alive now as ever. With the country’s impressive infrastructure and modern hotels, your stay here will offer you the comforts of home. Join this memorable Tunisian trip and discover the best of North Africa!
Tunis: Tunisia’s laid-back capital boasts beautiful Islamic architecture and neighbours the famous ruins of Carthage.
Sidi Bou Said: A Mediterranean dreamland, this town is full of white walls and beautifully blue accented doors and windows along with endless views of the Mediterranean.
Kairouan: Founded in the 7th century, Kairouan is considered the Islamic capital of Tunisia.
El Djem: The Second largest and most notorious Roman Amphitheatre in the World.
- Operated with English/ French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish-speaking driver-guide on a shared basis
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 2 dinners
- Shared transportation as indicated in the itinerary
- Inbound/Outbound transfers from/to Tunis-Carthage International Airport
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary: Bardo National Museum, Great Mosque of Kairouan, Aghlabid basins, El Djem, Carthage site.
- Meet and greet upon arrival at the airport
- Tips or visa fees
- Local Hotel Tax
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Meals or drinks not listed
- Any type of personal or travel insurance
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
- We recommended arrival time be around the same as the departure ( both in the morning, or both in the afternoon) in order to ensure the coherence of the itinerary as in the description.
- Depending on your flights’ times, lunch is included either on your arrival day, or on your departure day.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Tunisia, though a warm jumper and jacket are advisable in the cooler months. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Hammamet:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Mehari Hammamet or similar 5*
Day 2 Sousse:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = El Mouradi Palace Sousse or similar 5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL TUNIS – HAMMAMET (70 kms – 1hr)
Arrive at Tunis–Carthage Airport, where your professional guide and driver will be waiting for you to start your first day of discovery. Depending on your flight arrival time, the first visit will be to the Bardo National Museum, located in an Old Beylical castle in the middle of the old city of Tunis, renowned for its rich collection of mosaics. After that, you will be transferred to Hammamet, one of the country’s main coastal cities. Check in to your hotel in Yasmine Hammamet, where you’ll have dinner in the evening. (Depending on your flights’ times, lunch is included either on your arrival day, or on your departure day.)
Overnight in Hammamet
Day 2 : HAMMAMET – KAIROUAN – EL DJEM – SOUSSE (220 kms – 3hrs)
Begin your day with breakfast at the hotel and a transfer to Kairouan. Upon arrival to the holy city, take a walking tour with your guide through the old Medina. Visit the Great Mosque of Kairouan, located in the middle of the Medina and built by the Arab general Uqba Ibn Nafi in 670 AD. The site attracts thousands of local and international visitors for its magnificent architectural and spiritual value. Then visit the impressive ancient engineering site of the Aghlabid basins, where two large water basins and a few cisterns have survived the passing of centuries as they helped conserve and distribute decades of scarce drinking water resources. Lunch is included and will be in Kairouan. The next stop is at the village of El Djem, home of the Roman amphitheatre of El Djem, the third largest Roman amphitheatre in the world, built around 18 centuries ago, and exceptionally well-preserved up to this day. The site was mainly used for spectator events, namely gladiator battles. At the end of this day, continue to the Mediterranean town of Sousse, and enjoy some free time at the harbour of El Kantaoui.
Overnight in Sousse
Day 3 : SOUSSE – TUNIS DEPARTURE (130 kms – 2 hrs)
After breakfast, your will head directly to Sidi Bousaid, in the capital of Tunis. This charming village is known for its indigo blue windows and doors, white walls and, set at an altitude of over 100 metres, it features dazzling views over the Mediterranean Sea. Your next stop is at the neighbouring archaeological site of Carthage, located on a magnificent coastline. Although the ancient city was destroyed by the Romans, this UNESCO World Heritage Site features excavations of homes, baths and sewage systems. The other significant site in the area is the Carthage amphitheatre, built towards the first century AD and later rebuilt by the Romans. The theatre today hosts some 30,000 visitors at the yearly International Music Festival of Carthage. Then, depending on your flight time, you will either have lunch or go directly to the airport, with assistance for departure.