First, visit St. Mark’s Basilica: one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world, as well as the living example of the deep bound of Venice with the Eastern world. Since far back in time, Venice was the place where Western and Eastern cultures run into each other, a deep bound embodied in this amazing cathedral.
Here, you will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St. Mark and how his ruins came to rest and be shielded here.
Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, your guide will take you along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of Byzantine art.
Then, a walking tour will take you to discover the most hidden gems of Venice as well as some of its most famous areas. You will admire the Fenice Theater (exterior and discover the "Scala of the Bovolo", an extraordinary example of Venetian architecture: gothic art mixed with renaissance style.
You will then stroll between the lively area near Rialto Bridge, once pulsing center of commercial life back in time, today dotted with little shops of all sorts.
At the end of the walking tour, you will take a place on a Gondola and let the local gondolier, with his distinctive blue and white striped shirt, take you along the hidden channels of Venice.
* St. Mark's Basilica interiors
* Walking tour of Venice
* Gondola ride on Saint Mark's area
* Discover Venice most famous building and symbol
* See inestimable art masterpieces
* Learn interesting facts about Venice's history and present
* Stroll around the hidden Venice with a qualified guide
* Enjoy a relaxing gondola ride
* Qualified guide
* Skip the line entrance ticket to St. Mark’s Basilica
* Personal headsets
* Entrance to Museum & Terrace
* Boarding assistance
* 25/30 minutes ride on a shared Gondola
* Food and drinks
* Hotel pick-up/drop-off
* Pala d’Oro
* Guided tour during the gondola ride
* Wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
* For security reasons backpacks are not allowed
* No refund will be provided for no shows or late arrivals
* The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
* This is a shared gondola (up to five people for each one)
An afternoon tour to explore Venice at its best: visit the Basilica and then jump on a walking tour followed by a gondola ride