Your private tour guide will meet you at your hotel or apartment to start your experience, then you will head to the train station by public transport, where we will take the train and enjoy the Catalonian landscape on our way to Monistrol, located at the bottom of the mountain. Once there we will take the cable car to get to the popular Santa María de Montserrat Abbey. From this viewpoint, you will be able to take amazing pictures.
We will visit the Basilica and we will visit the Virgin of Montserrat, known as Black Madonna “La Moreneta”, a woodcarving from the twelfth century, which is the patron saint of Catalonia.
After this experience, we can do some hiking to an amazing viewpoint located about 25 minutes away from the monastery or watch an audiovisual to found out about the life of the monks. At the end of this experience, we will have lunch to recharge our batteries and return to Barcelona.
For those who love nature and culture, this will be a great experience, for sure!
* Visit the Virgin of Montserrat, known as Black Madonna “La Moreneta”, which is the patron saint of Catalonia and the symbol of this sacred place.
* Listen to the fantastic boys’ choir of L’Escolania de Montserrat, one of the most famous children choirs in Europe, and the oldest (fourteenth century).
* Discover this amazing mountain and all its secrets. This tour is perfect for those who love nature and culture, cause Montserrat offers the perfect mix!
* Private tour guide, your guide will meet you at your hotel/apartment.
* Public transport tickets.
* Train tickets and cable car tickets.
* Hotel pickup.
* Radio guide system.
* Typical breakfast including coffee and a locally made Catalan pastry.
* Lunch and drinks: if you opt for the hiking experience we will buy some sandwiches to eat on the train back, if not, we will have lunch in the monastery’s restaurant.
* Taste of 4 typical liquors of the area.
* Entrance to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat
* Hotel drop-off.
* Be aware that the tour includes Walking Tours, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
* Please, it is mandatory to inform at least 48 hours before the start of the tour in which hotel/apartment you will stay, in order to pick you up.
Enjoy a Full-Day trip to Montserrat, a magic place that you cannot miss if you visit Barcelona. Discover this amazing mountain and all its secrets. Du