Trails and Gems of Siam
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Enjoy this memorable five-day tour discovering modern Thailand and the historic Siam. Starting and ending in Bangkok, admire the ancient monuments, dazzling temples and bustling markets that help make Thailand the most captivating country in Southeast Asia. Visit ruins such as those of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai, which offer an insight into the grandeur of past glories, and meet the inhabitants of remote rainforest villages, where the past is very much alive. Join us for a magical journey to uncover Siam’s glittering gems.
Ayutthaya: Ancient capital of Siam and the location of a haunting UNESCO World Heritage Site
Chiang Mai: Take in the views from the hilltop Wat Doi Suthep temple and explore the shopper’s paradise of San Kamphaeng Road
Lamphun: Visit the thousand-year-old Wat Phra That Hariphunchai, one of the holiest temples in the north.
Sukhothai: Catch a glimpse of the historic former capital, admiring its well-preserved ruins of temples and palaces.
Lopburi: Explore two historic temples in this earthly city with troops of macaque monkeys roaming the streets.
- Operated with English/Italian/French/German or Spanish-speaking guide*
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- Half Board Option: 4 Breakfasts; 4 lunches
- Full Board Option: 4 Breakfasts; 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Air-conditioned transportation, transfers as stated in the programme
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees as indicated: Ayutthaya Historical Park; Wat Phra That Lampang Luang, Long tail Boat cruise; Wat Phra That Doi Suthep and San Kamphaeng Road in Chiang Mai; Wat Phra That Hariphunchai in Lamphun; Sukhothai Historical Park; Phra Prang Sam Yot and San Phra Kan in Lopburi
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Pick-up from outer Bangkok hotels
- Different languages can be combined in our vehicles for Seat – in – coach Itineraries. There will be a separate guide for each language
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents.
- Day 1: We recommend arriving at the indicated meeting point 20 minutes before that indicated time. Pick up from Century Park Hotel (Lobby) Bangkok is at 7 o’clock Due to road and traffic conditions, in order to maintain the scheduled departure timings, it is recommended that clients arrive a day prior to the programme and book a pre-night or arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the indicated time .*****All clients must be at the pick-up point in time for briefing. The tour will continue without clients that have not arrived by the departure time and additional costs incurred to arrange for the clients to meet up with the tour group, will need to be borne directly by client on the ground. Pick up from Bangkok airports or outer city hotels are subject to a supplementary charge.
- Day 5: Transfers to Bangkok airports or outer city hotels are subject to a supplementary charge. Late drop off at inner city centre in Bangkok at around 17:00, please make travel arrangement accordingly or book extra night
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Thailand. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Kamphaeng Phet:
- Superior Hotel Category = Chakungrao Riverview or similar 3.5*
Day 2-3 Chiang Mai:
- Superior Hotel Category = Empress Chiang Mai or similar 4*
Day 4 Sukhothai:
- Superior Hotel Category = Legendha Sukhothai or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Century Park Hotel
Day 1 : ARRIVAL BANGKOK – AYUTTHAYA – KAMPHAENG PHET (380km – 5hrs)
After an early pick from the designated meeting point in Bangkok, transfer to the former capital of Ayutthaya and contemplate ruins of this once-vast island city, which was mostly destroyed by an invading army 250 years ago. Today, the haunting ruins hint at its former glories as can be seen in temples such as Wat Yai Chaimongkhon, Wat Phanan Choeng and Wat Mahathat – where the roots of trees have devoured the head of a Buddha. Hop aboard a traditional longtail boat and enjoy a scenic cruise around the island, observing the city’s ruins from a different perspective. After lunch in a local restaurant, continue to Kamphaeng Phet for check-in at the hotel. Rest of the afternoon free at leisure
Overnight in Kamphaeng Phet on selected board option.
Day 2 : KAMPHAENG PHET – LAMPANG – CHIANG MAI (350km – 5hrs)
Take to the road after breakfast at the hotel, heading towards Lampang. On arrival, visit Wat Phra That Lampang Luang. This large Lanna-style temple is prominently located on a hill surrounded by walls. Climb the naga staircase and explore the complex, which boasts seven buildings and a sacred tree. Admire the bronze Buddha statue in the ordination hall and the relic of Buddha in the golden chedi. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before continuing to Chiang Mai, popularly known as the ‘Rose of the North’. Check-in on arrival with the rest of the day at leisure. Maybe explore the city at your own pace or enjoy a relaxing Thai massage (not included). In the evening, head to the bustling night bazaar for a stroll or enjoy an evening out by trying a khantoke dinner, a traditional northern Thai feast combined with a selection of traditional cultural performances (optional, not included).
Overnight in Chiang Mai on selected board option.
Day 3 : CHIANG MAI (80 kms – 2hrs)
After breakfast in the hotel, visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, one of the most revered temples in the country. This sacred location is at the top of a mountain from where you can appreciate stunning panoramic views over the city. To reach the temple requires a climb up a 309-step naga staircase. Alternatively, you can use the cable car (included) to reach the temple. This spiritual sojourn is followed by a visit to the shopping heaven that is the famous San Kamphaeng Road, a 10km-long stretch of road flanked by shops selling locally produced goods such as pottery, silverware, lacquerware, handmade saa paper, sculptures, jewellery, wood carvings and silk products. In some shops, you can even watch the artisans at work. Keep an eye out for the celadon pottery and the silver goods, which are both usually of excellent quality. After local lunch in a local restaurant, return to the hotel with the afternoon free at leisure. Overnight in hotel in Chiang Mai.
Overnight in Chiang Mai on selected board option.
Day 4 : CHIANG MAI – LAMPHUN – SUKHOTHAI (370km – 5hrs)
Bid farewell to Chiang Mai after breakfast at the hotel, heading to Lamphun, which is home to one of the north’s most important temples, the one-thousand-year-old Wat Phra That Hariphunchai. Visit the temple and admire the Buddha statues and impressive stupas, which include a 46-metre-tall Lanna-style golden chedi and 21-metre-tall Haripunchai-style chedi. Take to the road again and head south to Sukhothai Historical Park, which covers the ruins of the first capital of Siam. Founded in the 13th century, Sukhothai means ‘Dawn of Happiness’ and it proved to herald the beginning of a golden age for Thai culture under the rule of King Ramkhamhaeng the Great, who is credited with creating the Thai alphabet. The historical park has the ruins of almost 200 buildings, including dozens of temples. The complex, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is divided between the ruins within the walls and moat and those outside them.
Overnight in Sukhothai on selected board option.
Day 5 : SUKHOTHAI – LOPBURI – DEPART BANGKOK (480km – 7 hrs)
After breakfast at the hotel, depart Sukhothai, heading for Lopburi. This historic city is famed for the troops of macaques that roam the streets as if it were the jungle. Visit the ruins of the ancient Khmer temple of Phra Prang Sam Yot and the adjacent Brahman shrine of San Phra Kan, which is known as the ‘Monkey Temple’. Savour a delicious lunch is in a local restaurant en route and continue to Bangkok for drop off at your hotel.
Breakfast and lunch included