* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Head off the beaten track with this three-day adventure in Thailand’s northeastern region of Isaan. Explore tropical national parks, discover ancient Khmer cities clawed back from the jungle, visit beguiling Buddhist temples, meet local artisans, and cruise the mighty Mekong River at the confluence of the Thai and Laotian borders. This programme packs a lot into a brief space of time in Thailand’s last genuine hidden gem.
Khao Yai National Park: Trek through the rainforest to admire the stunning Heu Narok waterfalls and learn all about the conservation efforts to help endangered wildlife.
Khmer heritage: Isaan boasts an unrivalled collection of ancient Khmer architecture as you’ll discover during visits to archaeological sites such as Prasat Hin Phimai, Phanom Rung, Prasat Muang Tam, and Sikhoraphum.
Rural retreat: visit the remote village of Ban Sai Mun and get close to the villagers’ way of living.
Mekong River: enjoy a boat tour at the confluence of the Mekong and Mun rivers, and from the boat admire a Laotian village.
Pha Taem National Park: This magical reserve by the border with Laos features famous ‘mushroom rocks’, prehistoric rock art, and stunning panoramic views from its elevated positions.
- Operated with English, Italian, French, German and Spanish-speaking guide
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Air-conditioned transportation, transfers as stated in the programme
- A surcharge will be applied for pick up transfers on day 1 to/ from outer hotels in Bangkok
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees as indicated: Khao Yai National park, Prasat Hin Phimai, Phanom Rung, Prasat Muang Tam, Sikhoraphum, Wat Kamphaeng Yai, Ban Sai Mu village, Mekong cruise and Pha Taem National Park
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Pick-up from outer Bangkok hotels
- BANGKOK SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT: On arrival at Bangkok Airport please collect your luggage and proceed to the exit in the Customs Hall and make your way to the meeting point at gate number 6 (six) inside the terminal. You will be met by a representative of Destination Services who will be holding a sign with your name on it. Should you fail to meet our guide, please contact the ATTA (Association of Thai Travel Agents) counter at the arrivals hall. They will contact our airport rep and somebody will be with you for assistance as soon as possible
- The visit to Wat Kamphaeng Yai is subject to the verification of the times during the day
- Day 3: Arrival at Ubon Ratchathani centre around 18:00 hrs or drop off at the Ubon Ratchathani airport (recommended departure flight after 08:00 pm)
- Local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Thailand. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Nakhon Ratchasima:
- Standard Hotel Category = Kantary Korat or similar 3.5*
Day 2 Ubon Ratchathani:
- Standard Hotel Category = Tohsang City Hotel or similar 3.5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.