Central Highlights in a Loop 6 Days
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Spend six unforgettable days on a round-trip adventure that starts and finishes in Bangkok. Discover the region’s ancient monuments, dazzling temples, bustling markets, and even the inspiration for a Hollywood blockbuster, which all help make Thailand the most intriguing country in Southeast Asia. Visit ruins such as those of Ayutthaya, which offer an insight into the grandeur of past glories, and mix and mingle with the locals in some of Thailand’s authentic villages, where the past is very much alive.
Bangkok: Enjoy the sweet smells of fresh flowers at Bangkok’s largest flower market, Pak Khlong Talat.
Kanchanaburi: This small city is located at the confluence of the Kwai Noi and Kwai Yai rivers and is world-famous for the iron bridge which served as the inspiration for the Oscar-winning film “The Bridge on the River Kwai”.
Ayutthaya: The second capital of the kingdom of Siam is, to this day, an exemplar of Thailand’s traditional lifestyle.
Nakhon Nayok: Learn the basics of traditional Thai cuisine and help to prepare a flavourful lunch you indulge in afterwards.
- Operated with English/Italian/French/ German and Spanish-speaking guide
- Five nights hotel accommodation in selected room category
- Five Breakfasts on da ys 2-6 and three lunches on half board basis
- Five Breakfasts on days 2-6, three lunches and two dinners on Full Board basis
- Unscorted Airport Transfers
- Transfers as stated in the programme
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: the Golden Mount (Wat Saket), Pak Khlong Talat, a traditional long-tail boat, Baan Silapin, the Phra Pathom Chedi, visit by tuk tuk Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Viharn Phra Mongkol Bophit, tree-entwined Buddha head at Wat Phra Mahathat, introduction to authentic Thai cooking (in English), Khun Dan Prakan Chon Dam.
- Meet & Greet at airport on day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees National Park Entry fees are not included will be collected in cash by the National Park authorities in destination or collected by the crew prior to departure.
- BANGKOK SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT: On arrival at Bangkok Airport please collect your luggage and proceed to the exit in the Customs Hall and make your way to the meeting point at gate number 6 (six) inside the terminal.You will be met by a representative of Destination Services who will be holding a sign with your name on it. Should you fail to meet our guide, please contact the ATTA (Association of Thai Travel Agents) counter at the arrivals hall. They will contact our airport rep and somebody will be with you for assistance as soon as possible
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Thailand. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2, 5-6 Bangkok
- Superior Hotel Category = Royal Hotel@ China Town or similar 4*
Day 3 Kanchanaburi
- Superior Hotel Category = Pung Waan Kwai Yai or similar 4*
Day 4 Ayuthaya
- Superior Hotel Category = Classic Kameo or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL BANGKOK
Arrive at Bangkok International Airport, where our representative will meet and greet you. Then, enjoy a comfortable, unescorted transfer to your hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Perhaps you could indulge yourself with a traditional Thai Massage, surprise your taste buds with the amazing local flavours and enjoy the mesmerising sunset in any of the stylish rooftop bars which have blossomed in the city’s skyscrapers in recent years. You have limitless options.
Overnight in hotel in Bangkok.
Day 2 : BANGKOK
Enjoy a full day at leisure to discover Bangkok on your own or to take one of the many optional excursions available on the spot. The Royal Grand Palace, a great architectural masterpiece of several buildings from the outside was used as a royal residence from the 18th century to the mid-20th century. It is without any doubt a national reference and possibly the most visited royal monument in Thailand. The building houses the “Wat Phra Kaew”, Bangkok’s most sacred temple, where the famous Emerald Buddha is located.
Overnight in hotel in Bangkok on selected board basis.
Day 3 : BANGKOK – KANCHANABURI (190 kms – 4hrs)
Indulge in a delightful breakfast before you begin your spectacular journey. Visit the Golden Mount (Wat Saket), which was built outside of the former city walls in the late 18th century. Continue for a walk through the lively neighbourhood of Chinatown, one of Bangkok’s multicultural districts and home of the city’s sizable Chinese community, followed by a visit to Pak Khlong Talat, the largest fresh flower market in Bangkok. This market has all kinds of popular flowers on offer, such as roses, orchids, lilies, and much more. After lunch, board a traditional long-tail boat and enjoy a tour through the canals. In the past, Bangkok was comprised of hundreds of small canals, or klong as they are known in Thai, where locals mainly travelled by water. Arrive by boat to Baan Silapin, the Artist’s House, which dates back more than 200 years, for a spectacular traditional performing art puppeteer show. Nowadays, this area of canal homes is a popular attraction and the boardwalk leading to the house hosts several shops and tiny restaurants. After the show, continue to Kanchanaburi via Nakhon Pathom to visit the Phra Pathom Chedi, the tallest stupa in the world at 127 metres high.
Overnight in hotel in Kanchanaburi on selected board basis.
Day 4 : KANCHANBURI – AYUTTHAYA (180 kms – 4hrs)
Hit the road after breakfast at the hotel to visit the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, the Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, and the famous iron bridge over the River Kwai. After lunch, continue onwards to Ayutthaya, which became the second capital of Siam around 1530 after Sukhothai. Enjoy a visit to the Ayutthaya Floating Market. This floating market, located in a large pond with an island in the middle, helps conserve the traditional Thai lifestyle. With 50 paddleboats and over 200 shops offering local goods and food products, the market offers a memorable shopping and sightseeing experience.
Overnight in hotel in Ayutthaya on selected board basis.
Day 5 : AYUTTHAYA – NAKHON NAYOK – BANGKOK (130 kms – 3hrs)
After a tasty breakfast at the hotel, depart by tuk-tuk to visit some of the most important temples and ruins in the historical city of Ayutthaya, including Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Viharn Phra Mongkol Bophit, and the famous tree-entwined Buddha head at Wat Phra Mahathat. After snapping some great photos, continue to the province of Nakhon Nayok and take a tour on a water buffalo cart, which was a traditional way of transport in past times. Before sitting down for lunch, you will have the opportunity to assist the local chefs in preparing a delicious meal, or just to listen to an introduction to authentic Thai cooking class. Enjoy your freshly prepared lunch in a local, simple garden house. After savouring this tasty meal, continue to Khun Dan Prakan Chon Dam, the longest dam construction in the kingdom. Afterwards, visit a site of the Royal Project for sustainable farming under the patronage of King Bhumibol, and see rice planting in action. Enjoy a cup of coffee, tea, and fresh fruit before returning to Bangkok with drop off at your selected hotel.
Overnight in hotel in Bangkok on selected board basis.
Day 6 : DEPART BANGKOK
Begin your last day in Bangkok with a delicious breakfast, before transferring to Bangkok Airport.