Bangkok and Golden Triangle
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Begin this Thai journey discovering the best of Bangkok, Thailand’s bustling capital city. Then see a different side of this beautiful country as you explore the north of Thailand and discover its main cultural attractions during four magical days, travelling from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. This region is overflowing with historic monuments, dreamlike landscapes, gastronomic delights and wonderful wildlife. See the top temples and come face to face with gentle Asian elephants.
Chiang Mai: Take in the views from the hilltop Wat Doi Suthep temple.
Chiang Rai: Stroll through the local morning market
Golden Triangle: See three countries from one spot in Sop Ruak at the confluence of the Ruak and the Mekong rivers
- Operated with English/Italian/French/German or Spanish-speaking licensed local guides on a shared basis*
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- 6 breakfasts
- 2 lunches (Day 6, 7)
- 1 dinner (Day 5)
- 5 lunches and 5 dinners upon an additional cost (full-board optional extra)
- Air-conditioned transportation, transfers as stated in the programme
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees as indicated: Grand Palace, Wat Traimit, Wat Pho, Wat Phra Keaw, lapidary factory, Damnoen Saduak, Sampran Riverside, Wat Suan Dok, Wat Phra Sing, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chet Yot, Wat Chiang Man and Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wararot and flower markets, and khantoke dinner show in Chiang Mai; elephant care centre; Wat Rong Khun; boat ride on Mekong River and lunch at Imperial Golden Triangle Resort in Chiang Rai
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- BANGKOK SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT: On arrival at Bangkok Airport please collect your luggage and proceed to the exit in the Customs Hall and make your way to the meeting point at gate number 6 (six) inside the terminal.You will be met by a representative of Destination Services who will be holding a sign with your name on it. The representative will be wearing a beige shirt or beige polo shirt with a Destination Services badge. Should you fail to meet our guide, please contact the ATTA (Association of Thai Travel Agents) counter at the arrivals hall. They will contact our airport rep and somebody will be with you for assistance
- Day 4 : Recommended flights (not included) Bangkok to Chiang Mai (not included) TG102/TG104/PG223. Flights booked should arrive Chiang Mai prior 12 hrs
- Day 7: Dropped off at Chiang Rai Airport at approximately 14:00 hrs.
- *Note: Tours in different languages can be combined in our vehicles for seat-in-coach itineraries. There will be a guide for each language
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Thailand. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-3 Bangkok
- Standard Room | Superior Hotel Category = Century Park Bangkok or similar 4*
- Superior Room | Superior Hotel Category = Century Park Bangkok or similar 4*
Day 4-5 Chiang Mai
- Standard Room | Superior Hotel Category = Empress Chiang Mai or similar 4*
- Superior Room | Superior Hotel Category = Empress Chiang Mai or similar 4*
Day 6 Chiang Rai
- Standard Room | Superior Hotel Category = Laluna Resort or similar 4*
- Superior Room | Superior Hotel Category = Imperial River HouseChiang Rai or similar 5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL BANGKOK
After you land in Bangkok International Airport, a tour representative will meet and greet you before transferring you to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to start exploring this bustling city at leisure. Perhaps you might like to indulge yourself with a traditional Thai Massage, surprise your taste buds with the amazing local flavours and cap off the day by enjoying the sunset in any of the stylish rooftop bars that have blossomed in the city’s skyscrapers in recent years… the options are limitless.
Overnight in Bangkok.
Day 2 : HALF-DAY ROYAL GRAND PALACE AND TEMPLE TOUR
Today’s tour includes three of the most important Buddhist temples in Bangkok. Wat Traimit, also known as the temple of the Golden Buddha, houses a 3-metre-tall statue made from solid gold, weighing 5.5 tonnes. You will then pass through Chinatown on your way to Wat Pho, the temple of the Reclining Buddha and home to the Chedis of the Kings. 46 metres long and 15 metres high, this Buddha is the largest in Bangkok and it illustrates the passing of the Buddha into nirvana. The Grand Palace is one of the most beautiful samples of an ancient Siamese court. It used to be the residence of the Kings of Bangkok (closed during royal ceremonies and during visits of heads of state). Here you will see palaces which were used for different occasions: the Funeral Palace, the Reception Palace, the Throne Hall, the Coronation Hall, the Royal Guest House, and Wat Phra Keo, the beautiful Emerald Buddha Temple. To round off the tour, call in at a local lapidary factory and showroom where you will be able to get locally made jewellery, handicrafts and silk at competitive prices.
Overnight in Bangkok on selected board basis.
Day 3 : RAILWAY MARKET AND DAMNERN SADUAK FLOATING MARKET
Depart from Bangkok and head to Maeklong Railway Marker, as knows as Talad Rom Hoop. Upon arrival the guide will introduce you to the history of this area. See the action in several minutes before the train passing through the market. The process happens so quick it will amaze you for the unique moment. Then go to the world-famous floating market of “Damnoen Saduak”, there are countless floating markets throughout the country, the colorfully clad merchants at these lively markets paddle along congested canals in sturdy canoes laden with fresh fruits and vegetables to sell to shoppers on the banks. This is an exciting and fun way to see the local like and to go bargain hunting. Transfer back to Bangkok.
Overnight in Bangkok on selected board options.
Day 4 : BANGKOK – CHIANG MAI (65 mins flight)
Breakfast at the hotel is followed by a transfer to the airport. Once you land in Chiang Mai, you’re transferred to your hotel in time for a pick-up at 13:30 in central Chiang Mai to embark on a guided tour of the old town and main temples. Visit the historical Wat Suan Dok and admire its 48-metre-high Sri Lankan-style chedi, which overlooks the Royal Cemetery. Continue to Wat Phra Sing in the old town and appreciate the beauty of this large complex comprising more than 60 buildings before visiting the 14th-century Wat Chedi Luang in the very heart of the old city. This ancient temple has a more rustic appearance and has been restored after decades of decay. Discover, too, the nearby Wat Chet Yot and Wat Chiang Man. Due to its age, the Chet Yot temple betrays some signs of ruin while the Chiang Man temple is renowned for its numerous elephant sculptures.
Overnight in Chiang Mai on selected board option.
Day 5 : CHIANG MAI (80 kms – 3hrs)
Breakfast at the hotel is followed by a visit to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, where you’ll enjoy some magnificent panoramic views of the city. The temple is reached by climbing a 309-step naga staircase or via cable car (included). If the views are stunning, the temple itself is even better and boasts a number of dazzling structures. Continue to the bustling Wararot Market, a historical landmark renowned for the variety and quality of its produce, before visiting the fragrant flower market. In the evening, enjoy a khantoke dinner, a traditional northern Thai feast combined with a selection of traditional cultural performances inspired by the Lanna kingdom, which dominated northern Thailand for almost five centuries.
Overnight in Chiang Mai on selected board option.
Day 6 : CHIANG MAI – CHIANG RAI (260km – 4 hrs)
After breakfast at the hotel head into the jungle to become acquainted with Thailand’s national animal during a visit to the Thai Elephant Care Centre. This centre was established to provide care for elderly elephants retired from logging and camps. Appreciate these gentle giants, learn more about their nature, their individual traits, their lifestyles, their talents and their charms. Depending on when we arrive, you might even get to see them play during their bath-time. After lunch, continue by road via Doi Saket with a stop at Wat Rong Khun, nicknamed the ‘White Temple’, a dazzling temple built in the 1990s. Its ornate all-white exterior with embedded pieces of mirror gives it a resplendent appearance, making it one of the most beautiful temples in Thailand. Continue to Chiang Rai, arriving in the afternoon and transferring to your accommodation.
Overnight in Chiang Rai on selected board option
Day 7 : CHIANG RAI – GOLDEN TRIANGLE – DEPART CHIANG RAI (175km – 3.5 hrs)
Check out after breakfast at the hotel and visit Chiang Sean for a panoramic view of the Golden Triangle where Laos, Myanmar and Thailand meet and where the mighty River Mekong flows through. Hop onto a boat and take a trip around the Golden Triangle on a boat ride lasting around 30 minutes. After, enjoy lunch at the Imperial Golden Triangle Resort before being dropped off at Chiang Rai Airport
Breakfast and lunch included.