Wild, Pristine Sri Lanka and its Heritage
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
This four-day private tour allows you to see Sri Lanka’s pristine wilderness and enjoy its cultural heritage. Visit ancient ruins with impressive architecture and statues. Climb up rock fortresses and be inspired by temples and spectacular natural landscapes. Even hop on a boat to visit the rustic Pigeon Island. Choose this memorable four-day tour and enjoy amazing Sri Lanka!
Wilpattu National Park: Explore this genuinely wild national park, admiring its dense forests and fascinating wildlife.
Anuradhapura: The ancient complex is full of marvellous stupas, charming temples, and impressive ruins. And it is still hosting ceremonies!
Dambulla: This is a magnificent Buddhist cave-temple carved deep into a mountain and decorated with intriguing frescoes.
Sigiriya: The ‘Lion Rock’ rises almost 200 metres above the jungle, offerings stunning panoramic views that will amaze your curious eyes.
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- 3 nights’ accommodation.
- 3 Breakfasts ; 3 Lunches and 2 Dinners
- Transportation for sightseeing, excursions and surface travel as per programme
- Inbound airport transfers from Colombo airport – Colombo hotel.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Entrance fees to Wilpattu National Park and Jeep safari ride, Anuradhapura sites, Mihintale, Koneswaram temple in Trincomalee, Pigeon Island and boat ride, Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla Temple
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Colombo Airport
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Airport departure transfer Colombo hotel – Colombo Airport
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc.
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 4: Late arrival back to Colombo, drop off at hotel at approx 17:00 hrs. Please arrange your ongoing travel arrangements accordingly
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Sri Lanka. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay. Clients arriving in early morning flights will have to wait until the last tour participant has arrived.
Day 1 Colombo:
- Standard Hotel Category = Grand Oriental Hotel or similar 3*
Day 2 Anuradhapura:
- Standard Hotel Category = Miridiya Lake Resort or similar 3*
Day 3 Dambulla:
- Standard Hotel Category = Weva Addara Hotel or similar 3*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL COLOMBO
Arrive at Colombo International Airport where our representative will meet and greet you. Transfer to your hotel in Colombo and enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Colombo.
Day 2 : COLOMBO – NEGOMBO – WILPATTU – ANURADHAPURA (235km – 5 hrs)
Indulge in a delicious breakfast and depart early in the morning to visit Anuradhapura via Negombo. En route, stop to explore the wilderness of Wilpattu National Park. Enjoy an adventurous Jeep safari journey through the national park. After the safari, have a tasty lunch in Anuradhapura. In the evening hours, experience the Sacred City of Anuradhapura, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and return to the hotel in Anuradhapura for a delicious dinner and the overnight stay. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Anuradhapura
Day 3 : ANURADHAPURA – TRINCOMALEE – DAMBULLA (220km – 4 hrs)
Wake up early in the morning and venture to Mihintale rock to enjoy the serenity atop, indulging in a delectable breakfast en route. Afterwards, proceed to Trincomalee, visiting the historical Kantale Dam. Arrive on the bewildering coastal town of Trincomalee, walk around the old Dutch Fort and visit the Koneswaram temple, one of the most significant Hindu temples in Sri Lanka. Have a pleasant lunch in the city, and then proceed to board a boat to Pigeon Island to feel the refreshing ocean breeze. After enjoying a refreshing boat ride, head south to charming Dambulla to experience the cave temple and other fascinating attractions. Return in time for dinner and a relaxing overnight stay. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Dambulla/Habarana
Day 4 : DAMBULLA – DEPART COLOMBO (165km – 4 hrs)
After an early breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Sigiriya, a rock fortress and climb atop the ancient rock citadel. Have a relaxing lunch and head to bustling Colombo, for drop off.
Breakfast and lunch included.