Experience the Diverse South
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Visit the top cultural and historical landmarks in central Sri Lanka with this spellbinding three-day tour. Immerse yourself in a world of lush landscapes, picturesque lakeside cities, and historic temples. Breathe in the fragrances of Sri Lanka at a spice garden and enjoy an incredible cultural show to discover Sri Lanka’s beautiful culture. As you travel across this picturesque island, also enjoy optional activities such as white-water rafting and a visit to a tea factory.
Colombo: The busy capital of Sri Lanka, is a city of contrast by the seaside. Colonial buildings, Hindu and Buddhist temples, modern skyscrapers and some lakes are combined in a melting pot of cultures and people.
Yala: This National park is a mixture of plains, forest and waterbodies and is home of wonderful mammals such as sloth bears and leopards, elephants and deers and plenty of birds. Take a look at the Sri Lankan wild side.
- Operated with English-speaking driver- guide
- 2 night’s accommodation
- 2 Breakfasts; 2 Lunches and 1 Dinners
- Transportation by A/C vehicle with an English-speaking chauffer guide
- Airport arrival transfer Colombo airport-Colombo hotel.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Entrances fees to Elephant Orphanage in Udawalawe, Yala National Park entrance fees, Yala Jeep safari, lace factory, Balapitiya boat ride, moonstone mine and turtle hatchery tickets
- Meet and greet on arrival at Colombo airport
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Compulsory festival/peak season surcharges if stated separately
- Airport departure transfer Colombo Hotel – Colombo Airport
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice
- Day 3: Late arrival back to Colombo city. Please make your individual travelling plans accordingly.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Sri Lanka. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay. Clients arriving in early morning flights will have to wait until the last tour participant has arrived.
Day 1 Colombo:
- Standard Hotel Category = Grand Oriental Hotel or similar 3*
Day 2 Yala / Tissamaharama / Hambantota:
- Standard Hotel Category = Elephant Reach Hotel, Hotel Chandrika or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL COLOMBO
Arrive at the Colombo airport, where our representative will meet and greet you, then transfer you to the hotel in Colombo. Enjoy the rest of the time relaxing and getting ready for a memorable adventure.
Overnight in Colombo.
Day 2 : COLOMBO– YALA NATIONAL PARK (245km – 5 hrs)
Wake up early in the morning and prepare for an exhilarating day. Our representative will pick you up from your hotel in Colombo, and transfer you to the selected hotel in Yala National Park. Drive via Rathnapura to Udawalawe and visit the Eth Athuru Sevana Elephant Orphanage. After spending precious time with the charming giants, continue to Tissamaharama for a luscious lunch. Then, adventure into exploring the outstanding Yala National Park on an exciting three-hour jeep safari. Your spectacular day ends with a delicious dinner.
Overnight in Yala/Tissamaharama/Hambantota. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 3 : YALA NATIONAL PARK – GALLE – DEPART COLOMBO (245km – 5 hrs)
After a tasty breakfast, check out from the hotel and head towards historical Galle. On the way, visit an emblematic lace factory in Dikwella. When you arrive in Galle, enjoy a mouthwatering lunch, right before joining an inspiring tour of the Galle fortress. Continue to Balapitiya to go out on a boat safari. On the way back to Colombo, make a stop to visit a fascinating moonstone mine and a lovely turtle hatchery. Afterwards, return to your selected hotel in Colombo for drop-off.
Breakfast and lunch included.