* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
This four-day cultural tour takes you to discover the enchanting central region of Sri Lanka. Visit ancient ruins with impressive architecture and imposing statues. Climb fifth-century fortresses and be inspired by fascinating temples and spectacular natural landscapes. Make a stop at a typical tea factory. Enjoy the best of Sri Lanka packed into a four-day private tour!
Polonnaruwa: Filled with beautiful temples and captivating palace ruins, this ancient city will completely satisfy your thirst for history.
Kandy: This paradisiacal city hosts the emblematic Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and its inspiring palaces and idyllic gardens.
Sigiriya: The ‘Lion Rock’ rises almost 200 metres above the jungle, offerings stunning panoramic views that will amaze your eyes.
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- 3 Breakfast; 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Transportation to sightseeing, excursions and surface travel as per programme
- Inbound airport transfers from Colombo airport to Colombo hotel.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Entrances fees to Dambulla temple, Polonnaruwa city tour, Sigiriya Rock fortress, spice garden, Temple of the Tooth Relic, gem museum, tea factory visit
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Colombo airport
- Airport departure transfer Colombo hotel – Colombo airport
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice
- Late arrival back to Colombo on day 4. Please book ongoing travel arrangements accordingly
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Sri Lanka. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay. Clients arriving in early morning flights will have to wait until the last tour participant has arrived.
Day 1 Dambulla:
- Standard Hotel Category = Sorowwa Resort & Spa or similar 3*
Day 2 Kandy:
- Standard Hotel Category = Oak Ray Heritage or similar 3*
Day 3 Colombo:
- Standard Hotel Category = Grand Oriental Hotel or similar 3*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL COLOMBO
Arrive at Colombo airport, where a representative will meet, greet, and transfer you to the selected hotel in Colombo. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Colombo. Dinner included.
Day 2 : COLOMBO – DAMBULLA – POLONNARUWA (230km – 5 hrs)
Early in the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo. Begin the tour with a visit to Dambulla Rock Temple to explore this 2,000-year-old sacred pilgrimage site carved deep inside a mountain. This awe-inspiring complex of five caves is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features thousands of metres of painted walls and ceilings and contains more than 150 images of the Buddha as well as other deities and Sri Lankan kings. Continue to Polonnaruwa for a luscious lunch. Afterwards, take a city tour of Polonnaruwa and discover the well-preserved ruins of this ancient city. Built about 1,000 years ago, it features a large artificial lake, which is still in use and feeds a network of irrigation canals, the remains of a royal palace and a number of temples and administrative buildings. Transfer to your hotel in Sigiriya/ Dambulla/ Habarana and enjoy a delicious dinner!
Overnight in Sigiriya/Dambulla/Habarana. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 3 : POLONNARUWA – KANDY (195km – 4 hrs)
Take the road after a tasty breakfast. Begin to explore with a climb to the fifth-century Sigiriya fortress, which sits atop a rock that dramatically rises almost 200 metres above the rainforest. King Kashyapa built a citadel at the top of this giant boulder known as the ‘Lion Rock’, which was the innermost stronghold of a vast fortified city. In time, it was abandoned and forgotten until the British found it and began an archaeological exploration. Today, the remnants of this once thriving city offer a tantalising indication of what once stood here. Pass through the lion’s ‘belly’, climb to the top, and enjoy the breathtaking views. Then, continue to Kandy, visiting a spice garden on the way. Indulge in a delectable lunch in Kandy and enjoy an afternoon city tour that includes the Temple of the Tooth Relic. In the evening, witness a cultural show, followed by a savoury dinner at the hotel.
Overnight in Kandy . Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 4 : KANDY – PINNAWALA – DEPART COLOMBO (130km – 4 hrs)
Have a delightful breakfast at the hotel and begin your adventure with a visit to an arts and crafts centre, a gem museum, and a tea factory in Giragama. Relax while enjoying lunch in Pinnawala. Then, head towards Colombo for a late evening drop off.
Breakfast and lunch included.