A Glimpse of Culture
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Enjoy a cultural feast packed into three memorable days! See the best of Sri Lanka, exploring a charming tea factory and visiting the elegant city of Kandy with its paradisiacal gardens. Continue with an exciting city tour, seeing the most important monuments in Kandy and enjoy an evening cultural show. Make a stop at a fragrant spice garden before visiting the iconic Sigiriya fortress. Also, visit Dambulla’s stunning Golden Temple for an all-around Sri Lankan cultural adventure.
Kandy: This mesmerising city is home to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and its associated palaces and gardens.
Sigiriya: The ‘Lion Rock’ rises almost 200 metres above the jungle offering stunning panoramic views.
Dambulla: An emblematic Buddhist cave temple carved deep into a mountain and decorated with frescoes, that deserves to be seen and admired.
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- 2 Breakfasts; 1 Lunch on day 3 and 1 dinner on day 1
- Transportation for sightseeing, excursions and surface travel as per programme
- Arrival transfer Colombo airport to Colombo hotel.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Entrance fees to Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, Kandy Temple of the Tooth Relic, gem museum, Sigiriya Rock, cultural show on day 1
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Colombo Airport on day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Compulsory festival/peak season surcharges if stated separately
- Video camera and photography permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc
- Departure airport transfer Colombo hotel – Colombo airport.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice
- Return in Colombo on day 3 very late in the evening. Please book your ongoing travel arrangements accordingly
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Sri Lanka. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Shoes should be removed before entering a temple or private house. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay. Clients arriving in early morning flights will have to wait until the last tour participant has arrived.
Day 1 Colombo:
- Standard Hotel Category = Grand Oriental Hotel or Similar 3*
Day 2 Kandy:
- Standard Hotel Category = Winter Villa, Hotel Senani or similar 3*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL COLOMBO
Arrive at Colombo airport, where our representative will meet and greet you. Then, the driver will transfer you to your selected hotel in Colombo. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, relaxing and preparing for exploring the culture of Sri Lanka.
Overnight in Colombo. Dinner included.
Day 2 : COLOMBO – KANDY (130km – 4 hrs)
After breakfast, our representative will pick you up from the hotel and transfer you to Kandy, Sri Lanka’s second-largest city. Enjoy an inspiring drive and observe the changes in the climate and vegetation as you are heading towards Kandy. The temperature becomes cooler, the landscapes more verdant, and the countryside hillier. En route, visit a tea factory in Giragama. Contemporary Kandy is famous for its beautiful lakeside location, framed by picturesque hills. Visit the spectacular botanical gardens and then enjoy a lunch break in the city. After lunch, adventure into a city tour exploring the beautifully arranged streets and the most important landmarks. In the evening, witness a cultural show, followed by a luscious dinner. Lunch is not included.
Overnight in Kandy. Breakfast and dinner included.
Day 3 : KANDY – SIGIRIYA – DAMBULLA – DEPART COLOMBO / NEGOMBO (270km – 6.5 hrs)
Begin your day of thrills after a delicious breakfast. Visit a delightful spice garden and adventure into climbing up the fifth-century Sigiriya fortress, which sits atop a rock that dramatically rises almost 200 metres above the rainforest. King Kashyapa built a citadel at the top of this giant boulder known as the ‘Lion Rock’, which was the innermost stronghold of a vast fortified city. In time, it was abandoned and forgotten, covered by dense overgrowth until the British found it and began a painstaking archaeological exploration. Pass through the lion’s ‘belly’, climb to the top, and enjoy breathtaking views over the surrounding landscape. Have a mouthwatering lunch at a local restaurant in Sigiriya and continue to the Golden Temple of Dambulla to explore this 2,000-year-old sacred pilgrimage site carved deep inside a mountain. This awe-inspiring complex of five caves is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features thousands of metres of painted walls containing more than 150 images of the Buddha, as well as other deities and Sri Lankan kings. Afterwards, return to Colombo and continue with your travelling arrangements.
Breakfast and lunch included.