Garden Route Unmissable, Private tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Explore South Africa’s southern coast over this seven-day exploration of a lifetime. Stay in impeccable, award-winning lodges and hotels, making for a truly special and luxurious stay. View endangered wildlife in incredible nature reserves, enjoy delicious meals, savour tasty wines and see the best of Cape Town. This trip really is a taste of the good life.
Addo Elephant Park: This Big Five game reserve is famous for its elephant population, however, the park has reintroduced a number of species with populations on the rise, resulting in good chances to spot exotic wildlife
Grootbos Nature Reserve: An incredible nature reserve located on the coast of the Indian Ocean, try to spot the incredible sea life in the neighboring waters, such as whales and dolphins
Cape Town: This extraordinary city is juxtaposed between sea and mountains and offers a vibrant culinary offering, great nightlife and a lively cultural scene
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide throughout the program
- Local guides during safari and lodge activities on day 1, 2, 3, 4
- 4 nights on an all-inclusive basis
- 2 nights at Thonga Beach Lodge (or similar) on a full-board basis
- 6 Breakfast (day 2-7)
- 4 lunches (day 1-4)
- 5 dinners (1, 2, 3, 4, 6)
- Arrival transfer from Port Elizabeth International Airport to Addo Elephant Park
- Departure transfer from Hotel in Cape Town to Port Elizabeth International Airport
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All visits as indicated: two game drives and a kiddie mini ranger experience at River Bend Lodge on day 2; lodge activities on day 2 (as stated in itinerary), privately guided half-day Cape Town city tour with Table Mountain cable car (weather-permitting) on day 5, privately guided full-day Cape Peninsula with wine-tasting on day 6
- Wi-Fi at The Marly
- added tax and Tomsa levy
- Open safari vehicle for game drives
- Expenses of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Beverages during included meals during bed-and-breakfast basis
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
****(Fright form Port Elizabeth to Cape Town on day 3 not included)
- Hotel early check-out, early check-in, late check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms are all subject to availability and not guaranteed
- No refunds for unused services. Splitting the package is not allowed.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the contents of the tour without prior notice, including possible changes of hotels and/or itinerary
- It is compulsory to sign an indemnity form when entering South African National Parks. More information in the regulation and the parks can also be found on the official SANPARKS website: www.sanparks.org
- Parents travelling with children would now be requested to provide an unabridged birth certificate (including the details of the child’s father as well as the mother) of all travelling children. This applies even when both parents are travelling with their children. When children are travelling with guardians, these adults are required to produce affidavits from parents proving permission for the children to travel. The above applies to foreigners and South Africans travelling to or from South Africa as well as travellers in transit. Please note that the child must be the appropriate age (according to accommodation stipulated) at the time of travel
- See your doctor for advice in regards to vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in South Africa. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 Addo Elephant Park:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = River Bend Lodge or similar 5*
Day 3-4 Grootbos:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Grootbos Private Nature Reserve or similar 5*
Day 5-6 Cape Town:
- Deluxe Hotel Category = The Marly or similar or similar 5*
Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL PORT ELIZABETH – ADDO ELEPHANT PARK (70km – 1 hrs)
Welcome to beautiful South Africa! We organize a private transfer for you upon your arrival at Port Elizabeth International Airport. There will be a driver holding a sign with your name and will transfer you to your beautiful lodge in Addo Elephant Park. If time permits, enjoy your first game drive in the afternoon. Otherwise, relax and indulge in personal service and the lovely dinner which will be served at the lodge in the evening.
Overnight in lodge in Addo Elephant Park.
Day 2 : ADDO ELEPHANT PARK
Enjoy an energizing breakfast at the hotel and get ready for your elephant experience in Addo Elephant National Park. Addo Elephant National Park stretches over 12,000 hectares between the Zuurberg Mountains and the Sunday River in the Eastern Cape. It was established in 1931 to save the last Cape elephants from extinction. Today it is home to more than 400 elephants as well as buffalo, kudu, black rhino, various antelope and lions. Visitors can also see the dung beetle which has become a rare sight. Animals can be viewed along circular routes in their natural surroundings and at various water holes. Search for the Big Five together with your ranger guide from open safari vehicles in the morning and afternoon. Between these safari drives you will come back to the lodge for time at leisure and lunch. In the afternoon, spend time at leisure before dinner is served.
Overnight in lodge in Addo Elephant Park.
Day 3 : ADDO ELEPHANT PARK – GROOTBOS NATURE RESERVE (1.5 hrs by flight, not included; 150 km – 2 hrs road transfer)
In the morning, after your tasty breakfast at the hotel, you will be transferred back to Port Elizabeth’s Airport for your flight to Cape Town (flight is not included). Upon the arrival, you will be awaited by your driver who will be holding a board with your name, and who will drive you to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve. Relax after check-in or take a self-guided walk before enjoying your five-course dinner served at Grootbos restaurant.
Overnight in lodge in Grootbos.
Day 4 : GROOTBOS PRIVATE NATURE RESERVE
Have a beautiful morning breakfast at your hotel and jump right to enjoy one of our pastimes. You have a wide variety of activities, you could choose from nature walks, horseback riding, all included in your room rate. If you have a taste for adventure, check out shark cage diving which is offered as an optional excursion. From June to November, SA’s coastline in and around Hermanus turns into a playground and nursery for southern right whales. See them during land-based whale watching or book a boat tour to make this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Plan this day following your own taste and feelings and fill your experience with the missing adventure. Dinner is served at the lodge.
Overnight in lodge in Grootbos.
Day 5 : GROOTBOS PRIVATE NATURE RESERVE – CAPE TOWN (150km – 2 hrs)
In the morning after breakfast, your driver-guide collects you from Grootbos at 10:00 am and transfers you to Cape Town to enjoy a private half-day Cape Town City discovery. Experience highlights like Company’s Garden, the former vegetable garden for the Dutch East India Company and the reason why Cape Town actually exists. A leisurely walk through the Bo-Kaap, aka Cape Malay quarters, is a must with its narrow cobbled streets and candy-colored houses. The cherry on top must be of course Table Mountain. The rotating ascending cable car provides you with the most breath-taking view of the mother city. Please note that this part of the excursion is weather-permitting. The official tour part is now over and you will have the opportunity to discover famous V&A Waterfront on your own after being dropped off in your hotel by your guide.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 6 : CAPE TOWN: CAPE PENINSULA (130 km – 1.5 hrs)
Today we combine a full-day Cape Peninsula tour on our privately guided excursion with famous Cape of Good Hope and visits to two prestigious and well-known wine estates. Your guide collects you at 08h00 from your hotel, leaving Cape Town behind, heading for Hout Bay and the panoramic coastal road Chapman’s Peak. Arrive at Cape Point and take the funicular or steps to Cape Point Lighthouse. A truly marvelous view awaits us! Lunch is not included but will be served in Kalk Bay, a former fishing community with its still interesting harbor. Thereafter we reach Constantia, not only a very affluent suburb but also home to the oldest wine estates of the Western Cape. Buitenverwachting was founded by Simon van der Steel, producing wines of complex and unique character up until today. Enjoy a wine tasting before we continue to Klein Constantia Wine Estate for another wine experience. Founded in 1685, Klein Constantia is indeed the oldest wine estate. It gained fame and fortune in the 18th century for its muscatels and dessert wines, producing quality instead of quantity. Return to the hotel and get ready for tonight’s special dinner treat (included): a culinary journey through Africa with live entertainment, including an interactive drumming session.
Overnight in Cape Town on a bed-and-breakfast basis. Dinner include
Day 7 : DEPARTURE CAPE TOWN
Enjoy the last delicious breakfast at the lodge surrounded by this sincere scene of natural belle and get ready for your departure transfer back to O.R. Tambo International Airport, from where you will take your return flight home or to your ongoing travel destination.