Cape Town's Culture and Cuisine, Private tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, beautiful Cape Town is located in a ‘bowl’ created by Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak, Lion’s Head, Signal Hill and Table Bay. It is, therefore, no wonder that it is considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Discover nearby Stellenbosch, the second oldest town in South Africa, with its romantic oak-lined streets, amazing architectural diversity, and its famed food and wine heritage. This trip combines the area’s culture and gastronomic delights at its finest.
Cape Town: This extraordinary city is juxtaposed between sea and mountains and offers a vibrant culinary scene, great nightlife and a lively cultural scene
Stellenbosch: This romantic town boasts beautiful historic buildings and fertile land, perfect for wineries which produce one of the area’s top products
Kayamandi: This township of Stellenbosch provides an insightful experience into local life post-apartheid
- Operated with English speaking driver-guide
- The local guide will only accompany during the activity and not during transport
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- 4 breakfasts
- 3 lunches on day 2, 3 and 4
- Arrival private transfer from Cape Town International airport to the hotel
- Departure transfer from the hotel to the cape town International Aiport
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All visits as indicated: Stellenbosch culinary walking tour with food, tea, and rusk tasting on day 2; photo and culinary tour through Cape Town on day 3; Kayamandi culinary and cultural experience on day 4
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks, and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Beverages during included meals
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours and excursions
- Personal travel, baggage, and medical insurance
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees where applicable
- Hotel early check-out, early check-in, late check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms are all subject to availability and not guaranteed
- No refunds for unused services. Splitting the package is not allowed.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the contents of the tour without prior notice, including possible changes of hotels and/or itinerary
- It is compulsory to sign an indemnity form when entering South African National Parks. More information in the regulation and the parks can also be found on the official SANPARKS website: www.sanparks.org
- Parents travelling with children would now be requested to provide an unabridged birth certificate (including the details of the child’s father as well as the mother) of all travelling children. This applies even when both parents are travelling with their children. When children are travelling with guardians, these adults are required to produce affidavits from parents proving permission for the children to travel. The above applies to foreigners and South Africans travelling to or from South Africa as well as travellers in transit. Please note that the child must be the appropriate age (according to accommodation stipulated) at the time of travel
- See your doctor for advice in regards to vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in South Africa. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-4 Cape Town
Superior Hotel Category = Cape Milner or similar 4*
Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL CAPE TOWN
Arrive to Cape Town International Airport where your tour guide awaits to drive you to your accommodation and assist with check-in procedures. Relax afterwards with time at leisure.
A visit of the city centre with its many historical buildings and different architecture as well as a trip with the cable car to the top of Table Mountain are highly commended. The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is also worth a visit. Here you will find numerous bars, restaurants, boutiques and shops, cinemas and the aquarium. Outside in the amphitheatre there is regular live entertainment for you to enjoy. All combined with the continuous activity of a working harbour. (Activities are recommendations only, not included)
Overnight in hotel in Cape Town
Day 2 : CAPE TOWN – STELLENBOSCH (100km – 1hr)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then travel to Stellenbosch together with your guide for a culinary walking tour. Established in 1679, Stellenbosch is South Africa’s second oldest town. Savour traditional food and drinks of Stellenbosch as your guide leads you through the historic heart of this vibrant university town. Hear delightful stories about the historic places you visit, including a visit to the oldest restored townhouse in South Africa. Then enjoy an indigenous tea and rusk tasting when you visit a small, family-run butchery.
After, experience a wine tasting at a trendy spot in the town centre (non-alcoholic options available), indulge on a heritage lunch platter featuring some South African favourites, a trilogy of Cape desserts that South African grandmothers used to bake, and then try some sweets at the oldest shop in town, Oom Samie se Winkel. Leisure time until the agreed time of return to Cape Town.
Overnight in hotel in Cape Town Lunch Included.
Day 3 : CAPE TOWN
Today’s experience is an interesting mix of photography and a cooking safari. After breakfast, meet your photographer-guide at 08:30 hrs at the V&A Waterfront (transfer to waterfront not included). Leaving the car behind, explore Company’s Garden on foot, capturing the Art Deco buildings of Cape Town’s City Bowl on film. Move on to Adderley Street to visit the flower market and bustling Greenmarket Square, then continue towards Signal Hill to take in beautiful panoramic views of the city. Continue to the neighbourhood called Bo Kaap and admire the amazing colourful houses. Have a chance to visit Mrs. Tolker, who invites you to visit her home. She will teach you how to prepare a typical Cape Malay meal including samosas, rotis and koeksisters – a typical sweet doughnut-like fritter. This array of delicious treats will be your lunch!
Overnight in hotel in Cape Town. Lunch included.
Day 4 : CAPE TOWN – KAYAMANDI (100km – 1 hr)
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, discover day-to-day life in the Kayamandi township, a suburb of Stellenbosch, to meet the locals. After an insightful walking tour of the ‘sweet home’ town with your guide, a Xhosa Mama will welcome you in her home (Xhosa is the local language spoken here). Sit back and listen to her stories about township life and the customs and traditions of its people while you enjoy some of the dishes that Nelson Mandela grew up on. Get an insider’s perspective from your local guide who was born and bred in Kayamandi, meet local entrepreneurs and talented artists, see exciting community development projects, visit a crèche on weekdays, and visit a spaza shop. Feast on a delicious Xhosa lunch including homemade Xhosa ginger beer, taste legendary pap (African version of polenta or porridge) with spicy chakalaka, enjoy authentic vetkoek with various vegetable dishes and oven-baked chicken, followed by dessert. Receive a small, hand-crafted souvenir and easy recipes to try them yourself back home. Return to Cape Town.
Overnight in hotel in Cape Town . Lunch included.
Day 5 : DEPARTURE CAPE TOWN
After a sumptuous breakfast, enjoy time at leisure before you are collected by your guide for your transfer back to the airport to catch your onward flight.