Cape Town's Architectural Gems, Private tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Cape Town is an incredible destination if you want to see and admire the harmonious mix of attractive architecture. Join this memorable five-day tour to explore the architectural offering of Cape Town and its surrounding regions. Let the traditional Afrikaner Cape Dutch architecture, neighbourhoods painted in the colours of the rainbow and other surprises amaze your eyes. The town is sprinkled with interesting areas, from upscale neighbourhoods to shantytowns and fascinating architectural styles including neoclassical and baroque. Cape Town and its surroundings embody a charming character full of history and cultural heritage which you will discover on this architectural adventure.
Cape Town: Located between the blue sea and imposing mountains, spectacular Cape Town offers a vibrant art scene, great nightlife and a lively cultural set.
Stellenbosch: This romantic town boasts beautiful historic buildings and fertile lands, being a perfect host for great wineries and making the area’s best product.
- Operated with English-speaking driver-guide
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- 4 breakfasts;
- 2 lunches ( 1 lunch & 1 picnic in summer OR 1 light a la carte meal in winter)
- Arrival transfer from Cape Town International Airport to the hotel
- Departure transfer from the hotel to the Cape Toen International Airport
- Private transportation
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All visits as indicated: Castle of Good Hope, Grand Parade, Company’s Garden & Bo-Kaap, Gugulethu, Rhodes Memorial, UCT, Groote Schuur, Groot Constantia, Stellenbosch with tour of Rustenburg and Boschendal & walk in Franschhoek with Huguenot Memorial
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Beverages during included meals
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Hotel early check-out, early check-in, late check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms are all subject to availability and not guaranteed
- No refunds for unused services. Splitting the package is not allowed.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the contents of the tour without prior notice, including possible changes of hotels and/or itinerary
- It is compulsory to sign an indemnity form when entering South African National Parks. More information in the regulation and the parks can also be found on the official SANPARKS website: www.sanparks.org
- Parents travelling with children would now be requested to provide an unabridged birth certificate (including the details of the child’s father as well as the mother) of all travelling children. This applies even when both parents are travelling with their children. When children are travelling with guardians, these adults are required to produce affidavits from parents proving permission for the children to travel. The above applies to foreigners and South Africans travelling to or from South Africa as well as travellers in transit. Please note that the child must be the appropriate age (according to accommodation stipulated) at the time of travel
- See your doctor for advice in regards to vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in South Africa. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 -4 Cape Town
Superior Hotel Category = Cape Cadogan Boutique or similar 4*
Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL CAPE TOWN
Arrive at Cape Town International Airport. There will be a driver waiting for you in the arrival hall, holding a sign with your name, who will drive you to your hotel and assist with the check-in procedures. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, enjoying the hotel amenities. Perhaps visit the city center with its many historical buildings and different architectural style and maybe enjoy a trip with the cable car to the top of Table Mountain. The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is also worth a visit. Here you will find numerous bars, restaurants, boutiques and shops, cinemas and the aquarium. Outside the amphitheater, there is regular live entertainment for you to enjoy. (Activities are recommendations only, not included) After you explored the city on your own, return to the hotel to rest and prepare for a new day in this charming city.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 2 : CAPE TOWN
Have a delicious breakfast at the hotel, followed by a leisurely walk to discover Cape Town’s City Bowl and admire its beautifully maintained neoclassical and Art Deco buildings. Continue with visiting the Castle of Good Hope, Cape Town’s very first building. The castle was built by the Dutch East Company, known as the VOC, but you can observe the Dutch, British and French influence in its architectural style. Catch sight of the impressive bell tower, whose bell once warned citizens of danger, and observe how the expressive Cape Dutch architecture changes the rather strict and imposing style of the rest of the structure. Afterward, go to Grand Parade, Cape Town’s main square, and marvel at the City Hall, a distinctive Edwardian building erected in 1905. This is also a place soaked in history since Nelson Mandela held his first speech about freedom from the town hall’s balcony. Continue your journey with a visit to the Company’s Garden. Though now it is known for its massive oak trees, this used to be the vegetable garden for the VOC. Walk past the Parliament and Tuinhuis and proceed to Bo-Kaap, the city´s Cape Malay Quarters. Here you will find Cape Dutch and Edwardian style architectural masterpieces, both colourful and unique. Before heading back to your hotel, indulge in a light lunch that includes samosas and samies, and buy delicious spices from a local vendor. Light lunch is included. The rest of the day spend at leisure.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 3 : CAPE TOWN
Begin your day with breakfast at the hotel. Afterwards, if you are wondering how people build houses out of cardboard and tin, you can see for yourself during a visit to Gugulethu, one of the oldest townships surrounding Cape Town. We change direction afterwards and head towards the Southern Suburbs, one of Cape Town’s most affluent neighbourhoods featuring beautiful architecture. Furthermore, Cape Town’s University UCT Campus is extensive, and its architecture is impressive, with a mountainous backdrop to match. Also see Rhodes Memorial, one of architect Herbert Baker’s creations, and enjoy the sweeping views over Cape Town. Baker left another landmark, Groote Schuur, the place where Mandela and F.W. de Klerk signed the first documents to liberate South Africa from apartheid. Further south, find Groot Constantia, South Africa’s oldest wine estate and a magnificent example of Cape Dutch architecture. A formal wine tasting is a perfect way to end a remarkable day. Afterwards, return to your hotel.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 4 : CAPE TOWN – STELLENBOSCH – CAPE TOWN (100km – 1 hr)
Indulge in a delicious breakfast at your hotel before heading towards the epicentre of Cape Dutch architecture and South Africa’s second oldest city, Stellenbosch. Walk along Dorpstraat and admire the interesting buildings steeped in history! Then visit Rustenburg and Boschendal, located just outside Stellenbosch. See Rustenburg’s remarkable Cape Dutch buildings dating back to 1700, the beautiful garden and the fantastic tasting room during a refreshing wine tasting session. Step back in time while visiting Boschendal’s Manor House with its famous gable, the date in the relief reading 1812. Get closer to the baroque and neoclassical traditions represented by the front gable, with its wavy outline ending in urns. Then enjoy a picnic during the summer or a light a la carte meal in winter together with a lovely wine tasting. After the delicious meal proceed to Franschhoek, a former refuge for French Huguenots, a symbol of the Holy Trinity. The picnic in summer / light a la carte meal in winter is included.
Overnight in Cape Town.
Day 5 : DEPART CAPE TOWN
Begin your last day in Cape Town with a delicious breakfast at the hotel. Spend some time at leisure before your guide will pick you up and transfer you to the airport. Have a safe journey!