Bush and Beach, Self-Drive
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
See South Africa’s wild side during a five-day expedition. Witness wild animals roaming free in the bush at Zululand Rhino Reserve before exploring the untamed coastline of Maputaland. This tour features choice properties to discover South Africa in luxury, with lodges offering impeccable amenities, views, and facilities. Spot the Big Five and a wide range of exotic animals, then explore the spectacular South African coastal waters with fun and exciting activities. This trip is sure to impress!
Zululand Rhino Reserve: This reserve has over 70 mammal species and is dedicated to the conservation of various endangered species.
Maputaland: A coastal area with luxuriant and dense vegetation found on the waters of the Indian Ocean.
- 4 nights accommodation
- 4 Breakfast, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners
- Five days car rental group W.
- Ford Ranger TDCI XL 4×4 with gearstick, air-condition, power steering, radio/CD, four-seater, luggage space for four medium suitcases
- Unlimited kilometers
- Full comprehensive insurance with nil excess
- Third-party liability cover
- Windscreen & tire damages
- Fee Contract
- 1 Baby seat
- Young driver surcharge (driver must have valid unendorsed driver’s license for at least 2 years)
- 1 additional driver
- Airport surcharge.
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All visits as indicated: scheduled safari activities at Leopard Mountain Game Lodge, one exclusive wine & dine experience at Leopard Mountain Game Lodge, non-motorized activities at Thonga Beach Lodge, one head and shoulder massage at Thonga Beach Lodge.
- International or domestic flight tickets, airport taxes, or visa fees where applicable
- Park entrance fees, conservation levies and 4×4 transfer at Thonga Beach § (if you don’t feel comfortable using your own 4×4)
- Beverages during meals
- Motorised activities at Thonga Beach
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Optional excursions and activities
- Expenses of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Zululand Rhino Reserve park entrance fees be paid at the gate.
NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE
- Bond deposit (from/to depot)
- Accident/Administration fee
- One way fee within South Africa between the following depots: Johannesburg, Nelspruit KMIA, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town
- Collection and delivery fees, Negligence, abuse, water and undercarriage damage to vehicle.
- It is compulsory to sign an indemnity form when entering South African National Parks. More information in the regulation and the parks can also be found on the official SANPARKS website: www.sanparks.org
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
RENTAL CAR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Minimum age of driver: 21 years, driver younger than 21 only with special permission
- The driver needs to be in possession of a valid International drivers licence and an international Credit Card
- Rental calculation is based on a 24-hour rate and kilometres driven calculated from depot to depot (07:00 – 07:00 = 1 day, 07:00 – 09:00 = 2 days)
- There is no refund for an early return of the vehicle.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in South Africa. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 Zululand Rhino Reserve:
- Superior Hotel Category = Leopard Mountain Game Lodge or similar
Day 3-4 Maputaland Coast
- Superior Hotel Category = Thonga Beach Lodge or similar
CAR HIRE OPTIONS
- Car Group W = Ford Ranger TDCI XL 4X4 manual or similar
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Europcar counter at Durban’s King Shaka International Airport
King Shaka Dr, La Mercy, 4407, South Africa, durban 4407, ZA
Day 1 : ARRIVAL DURBAN – ZULULAND RHINO RESERVE (280km – 3.5 hrs)
Welcome to beautiful South Africa! Upon arrival at Durban’s King Shaka International Airport, please proceed to the Europcar counter to collect your rental car and start your South African experience driving to your accommodation. Zululand Rhino Reserve is situated between Hluhluwe and Mkuze and was established in 2004 as an initiative of 17 landowners dropping their internal fences to create a Big Five endangered species reserve. Check in to your lodge and have the rest of the day at leisure. Enjoy the intimate Leopard Mountain Game Lodge, the perfect place for a luxury safari experience or even an exotic honeymoon. Lunch and dinner included
Overnight in Zululand Rhino Reserve
Day 2 : ZULULAND RHINO RESERVE
Start your day with an exciting game drive conducted in open safari vehicles, guided by experienced rangers, who know where and how to find the Big Five. The rhino reserve is home to a wide variety of animal species including the black and white rhinoceros, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, nyala, blue wildebeest, warthog, impala, kudu and others. Rare species occurring in the reserve are the hyena, suni and leopard. Return to the lodge, where at midday you can check out the lodge’s waterhole. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
Overnight Zululand Rhino Reserve .
Day 3 : ZULULAND RHINO RESERVE – MAPUTALAND COASTLINE (150km – 2 hrs)
After another exhilarating early morning game drive, enjoy breakfast at the lodge before making your way to Maputaland’s finest coastline. Expect a small piece of paradise with the Indian Ocean waves calling you for a swim, a snorkelling or scuba diving adventure (not included). Enjoy the spectacular landscape en route and discover one of South Africa’s last stretches of untouched coastline with its many pristine beaches, home to a vast array of land-based and marine wildlife. Breakfast, lucnh and dinner included
Overnight in Maputaland.
Day 4 : MAPUTALAND COASTLINE
Begin your day with a tasty breakfast. Leave behind stress and worries while nature’s beauty soothes and calms you. During the months of November to February, the lodge organizes low tide trips for turtle tracks. On your turtle-tracking safari, one question your guide cannot answer is how these creatures navigate thousands of sea miles and return each year, instinctively to the same beaches where they hatched. Patience and luck are required when tracking sea turtles. Tours commence in the late afternoon, or after sunset. Operators may only be on the beaches two hours before, and two hours after low tide, meaning tours can last from two to seven hours. Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Overnight in Maputaland
Day 5 : MAPUTALAND COASTLINE – DEPART DURBAN (380km – 5 hrs)
After a tasty breakfast, travel back to the airport, where you drop off your rental car and check in for your flight back home or continue your South African journey with your next adventure.