Wonders of Portugal
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join a three-day guaranteed departure tour in inspiring Portugal and enjoy a memorable journey through the Portuguese culture, history, and traditions. We leave vibrant Lisbon and head towards majestic Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site covered in beauty and mystery. Catch a glimpse of Cabo da Roca, the westerly point of continental Europe, let Obidos, the tiny but idyllic town surrounded by medieval walls, inspire you, and admire Portugal´s first Gothic-style church, situated in Alcobaca. Indulge in a culinary adventure in Nazare, a picturesque fishing village and spend the last day exploring the rich traditions of Evora. Enjoy a mouthwatering lunch, followed by a noteworthy winetasting session in one of the oldest Portuguese wine cellars, located in Azeitao.
Lisbon: Portugal’s capital city is an adventure in itself, offering cultural gems such as fado, culinary treats like pasteis de Belem and romantic city views.
Sintra: The UNESCO World Heritage Site is perhaps one of the most stunning places in all of Europe. Explore its colourful castle, impressive architectural gems and verdant surroundings.
Obidos: This walled town that makes us go back in time while marvelling at its Porta de Vila and white houses with their terracotta tile roofs.
Nazare: Considered one of the most typical villages in the country, charming Nazare is facing a beautiful sandy beach.
Fatima: This fascinating religious pilgrimage spot welcomes up to six million visitors every year.
Evora: Visit a beautiful medieval town offering centuries of history and charm.
- Operated with English, Spanish and Portuguese-speaking licensed guide on a shared basis
- 2 nights’ accommodation
- 2 breakfasts
- Air conditioning bus or minivan, as per detailed itinerary
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Admission to all museums and monuments mentioned in the itinerary: Palace of Pena in Sintra, Monastery of Batalha Cloisters, Capel of Bones in Evora, Sao Francisco Church in Evora, Evora Cathedral.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, laundry, drinks and meals not stated explicitly in the programme, including drinks during meals
- Tips and porterage
- Entrance fees not mentioned in the included items
- Arrival airport transfer / Departure airport transfer
- Any charges not mentioned in the included items
- International / domestic flights
- All types of travel or personal insurance.
- Pick-up at Pombal Square in Lisbon at 8,30 approximately
- We recommend to arrive to the meeting 15 minutes before that the time indicated
- Drop-off at Pombal Square in Lisbon at 18 o´clock approximately on last day
- For the arrival transfer from the airport, clients will be met at the exit of the arrivals hall by an English speaking driver. The driver will be holding a board with clients’ name. In the event that they are unable to locate the driver, they should contact at once the emergency number before leaving the airport or making any alternative arrangements.
- For the departure transfers clients will be collected by the driver from the hotel reception area. Clients shall be ready in the reception 10 minutes prior to pick up. In the event that the driver has not arrived at the scheduled time, please contact the emergency number before making any alternative arrangements. Transfer takes 2.5 hrs prior to clients’ flight departure time.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Portugal. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 Lisbon:
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Sana Malhoa or Olissipo Marques de Sá or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Pick-up at Marques de Pombal Square in Lisbon, at 8:30 hrs. We recommend to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the indicated time
Praça Marquês de Pombal, Lisboa Lisboa, PT
Day 1 : ARRIVAL LISBON – SINTRA – CABO DA ROCA – CASCAIS – ESTORIL – LISBON (95 km – 2 hrs)
Your tour begins with a pick-up at Marques de Pombal Square in Lisbon, at 8:30 hrs. We recommend to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the indicated time. We then head towards the majestic and romantic Palace of Pena, an astonishing fairytale castle located on one of the highest peaks of the Sintra hills. At the end of the morning, there is free time to wander the streets of Sintra, a UNESCO classified Cultural Site, that enchanted kings and inspired poets. Enjoy some of the handicraft shops and tearooms serving delicious local sweets, including “queijadas” and “travesseiros”. Then, we leave for Colares, a demarcated region recognized for its quality tables wines. We continue onwards until Cabo da Roca, the westerly point of continental Europe, passing the beach of Guincho until Hell’s Mouth and admiring the sea-framed landscapes until Cascais. Enjoy a brief visit to this charming coastal town. We return to Lisbon along the Estoril Coast praising the panoramic views of the Casino and its gardens.
Overnight in Lisbon area hotel on selected board basis.
Day 2 : LISBON – OBIDOS – ALCOBACA – NAZARE – BATALHA – FATIMA – LISBON (325km – 4.15 hrs)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Leaving Lisbon, we first head north with our first stop in Obidos, a small town surrounded by medieval walls. Admire its traditional whitewashed houses and wrought iron balconies, its handicrafts and the famous Pousada do Castelo. Then, we head towards Alcobaca to visit the Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, both the longest and the first church built entirely in the gothic style in Portugal, hosting the tombs of D. Pedro and D. Ines de Castro. Our lunch is served in Nazare, the most typical and colourful of Portuguese fishing village. Then, we travel to Sitio, a place with beautiful views over the beach and the ocean. In the afternoon, we visit the wonderful Batalha Monastery Church – UNESCO World Heritage Site, a masterpiece in the gothic style, with particularly stained-glass windows. We arrive at the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima, a centre of Christian faith and world pilgrimage site. We visit the Basilica, housing the tombs of Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta, and the Chapel of Apparitions at the heart of the shrine. If possible we can even attend mass. We return to Lisbon through a rich agricultural region.
Overnight in Lisbon area hotel on selected board basis.
Day 3 : LISBOA – EVORA – MONSARAZ – DEPART LISBON (375km – 4.5 hrs)
Leave the hotel and spend the day discovering the town of Evora, a mosaic of culture, history and traditions. Leaving Lisbon, we cross the bridge over the river Tagus and head through a beautiful and bucolic landscape of olive trees, cork oak trees and vineyards before arriving at Evora – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the narrow streets of this whitewashed town, we walk back through time visiting some of Evora’s most important monuments: the Roman Temple, the Romanesque-Gothic Cathedral, St. Francis Church with its “Chapel of Bones” and the University. At the market, we see and feel the richness of the products used in preparing one of the most elaborate and appreciated gastronomies of Portugal. Throughout the visit, we also get to admire the diversity and authenticity of local handicrafts with cork, ceramic, and copper objects. After lunch, we depart to Azeitao, where we visit one of the oldest and most important wine cellars in Portugal. We end the visit with a tasting of the traditional Moscatel de Setubal, before returning to Lisbon.