Discover Madeira, Self-Drive
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Choose this self-drive tour around Madeira and spend 8 memorable days exploring the superb culture and landscapes of this island. Drive along the emerald coastline passing through the charming fish villages Santo da Sierra and Boaventura, take in to the beautiful waterfall called “Veu da Noiva” (The bride’s veil) and discover the legend about the unfulfilled love. Melt into the flavours and aromas by the typical dishes of the local gastronomy in Ponta do Sol and in Funchal, experience the vivid and attractive vibe of the Portuguese culture and traditions. This trip will fill all your senses and will leave great memories for the lifetime.
Boaventura: locally known as nature’s sanctuary due to its unspoiled and green landscape, perfect place for those seeking a relaxing and restful holidays
Ponto do sol: small, tranquil village situated on the southeast coastline of the island, one of the sunniest part of Madeira
Balcões: beautiful place hidden in the Ribeiro Frio Mountains, exemplify the raw, untamed beauty of Portugal’s mountain likes landscape
- 7 night’s hotel accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts
- Unlimited mileage
- SCDW (additional insurance with obligatory police report) *
- TP (theft protection)
- Road assistance 24/7
- Replacement vehicle in a case of accident or breakdown
- Safety equipment (triangle, high visibility vest, fire extinguisher)
- Road map
- Meet & Greet
- Domestic nor International flights
- PAI (personal accident insurance)
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Porterage and gratuities
- Tour guide
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE:
- Fuel, Fines, Tolls, Parking
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving.
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle.
- Damage to the engine through negligence.
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition.
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received there will be an administration charge.
- If the car is left outside of rent a car designated area on drop off, customers will be responsible for any costs generated and for any damage to the vehicle due to it being parked outside of the Rent Car installations.
- Each additional driver.
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc.)
- Driver’s age from 26 to 75 years old (must have had their driver´s license for a minimum of one year)
- Pick-up hours are Monday through Sunday from 07:00 to 22:00 hrs. Additional surcharge will be paid if pick-up out of the office hours.
- Drivers who are not citizens of the European Union must present an international driver’s license together with the original from their country of origin.
- If the customer returns the vehicle earlier than the agreed-upon drop-off date stated in the rental contract, the rental company will not refund the customer for any unused days
- Deposit credit card Visa or MasterCard only
- Accident/theft reporting must be notified within 48 hours of the incident
- In cases where, following the return of the vehicle, additional cleaning is required due to the car being dirty beyond the level expected from normal vehicle use, an additional charge shall apply, against evidence of the cost of the service provided
- Instructions for the car collection
- Day 1: Heading first to the rent a car shuttle stop. Exact indications to be advised upon confirmation
- Day 8: Return procedure and the exact designated area will be advised by rent a car company when you pick up the car on arrival day
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons.
- Late check-out, early check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms at the hotel are all subject to availability and not guaranteed.
Day 1, 2 Santo da Serra
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Enotel Golf or similar 4*
Day 3, 4 Boaventura
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Solar Boaventura or similar 3*
Day 5, 6 Ponta do Sol
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Enotel Baia or similar 4*
Day 7 Funchal
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Ocean Gardens or similar 4*
CAR HIRE OPTIONS
- Car Group A = Renault Twing / Fiat Panda or similar
- Car Group B = Fiar Punto / Nissan Micra or similar
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.