Sahara and High Atlas, Private tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Discover the many different facets of Morocco’s cultures and landscapes on this exciting desert adventure. Visit Marrakech, the country’s most famous imperial city, and climb high up into the Atlas Mountains in a 4×4 with a private driver. Contemplate the great landscapes from Ouarzazate to Tinfou: Kasbahs, villages, Ksars, dunes and deserts.
Marrakech: Admire the famous Koutoubia Mosque, the beautiful Bahia Palace, the Saadian Tombs and the Agdal Garden, and wander through the bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa Market
Ouarzazate: Visit the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou as well as the Taourirt kasbah in Ouarzazate itself
Tinfou Dunes: Located in an harsh environment of stones and dry earth, these beautiful and mysterious dunes constitute the gateway to the Draa Valley
Oulad Berhil: A little town in the Taroudant province well-known for its ancient Kasbahs
- Operated with English –speaking- driver.
- 5 Nights’ accommodation
- 5 breakfast
- 5 dinners
- Private vehicle 4×4 with A/C with driver (from day 2 till day 5)
- Arrival airport transfer / departure airport transfer
- Meet & Greet on day 1
- Visas and international flights, and airport taxes (clients pay direct)
- Driver-guide tips
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature such as drinks and meals not stated in the programme
- Visit and entrance fees to museums and monuments mentioned in the itinerary.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to tour contents without prior notice, including possible change of hotels and/or itinerary.
- Arrival at Marrakech Airport. After the customs formalities, our agent/driver will waiting for you outside the airport, front of the arrival exit holding a sign with your name. Please do not leave the pick-up area without having met the agent/driver first.
- Unmarried couple with Moroccan nationality, please inquire about local legislation concerning accommodation.
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Morocco. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1,5 Marrakech:
- Standard Hotel Category = Zalag Kasbah & Spa or similar 4*
Day 2 Ouarzazate:
- Standard Hotel Category = Le Fint or similar 4*
Day 3 Tinfou Dunes:
- Standard Hotel Category = Bivouac Palais Asmaa or similar (Desert Camp)
Day 4 Oulad Berhil:
- Standard Hotel Category = Riad Hida or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL MARRAKECH
After clearing customs at Marrakech airport, our team will be waiting outside the airport, in front of the Arrivals exit, to welcome you holding a sign with your name on it. After the meet & greet, they’ll transfer you to your hotel. Please do not leave the pick-up area without having met the agent/driver first. After checking in, the rest of the day is free for you to spend at leisure, be that hitting the streets and starting to explore Marrakech by your own foot or simply relaxing at the hotel and making the most of the services available.
- Overnight in Marrakech
Day 2 : MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE (200 Km – 4 Hrs)
After breakfast at the hotel, meet your driver at your hotel’s reception to begin your drive toward Ouarzazate by driving up into the High Atlas Mountains and crossing the stunning Tizi n’Tichka mountain pass, which stands at 2,260 metres of altitude. You can visit the Telouet Kasbah along the way, this being the former residence of the powerful Glaoui family. After enjoying some free time for lunch, continue to the Ait Benhadour Kasbah. This Kasbah has served as the setting for many famous films and is now listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. One last drive then takes you to Ouarzazate, where you’ll check in and have dinner at the hotel.
- Overnight in Ouarzazate
Day 3 : OUARZAZATE – TINFOU DUNES (195 Km – 3.5 Hrs)
Breakfast in the hotel is followed by your departure to the village of Agdz, which is located on the old caravan route between Marrakech and Timbuktu. Then visit the Draa Valley, wherein you’ll find exotic oases, Berber villages and many 17th- and 18th-century Kasbahs made from mud and straw. The landscape also boasts many green palm groves and great views of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. Continue then to Zagora, where you can have an optional lunch. The next village on your list is Tamegroute, famous for its pottery, Koranic library and religious school. From here it is not far to the dunes of Tinfou, where you can walk on the sand to the top of a dune and contemplate the endless expanse of the Sahara Desert. Check in and enjoy dinner.
- Overnight in Tinfou Dunes Bivouac
Day 4 : TINFOU DUNES – OULAD BERHIL (385 Km – 5.5 Hrs)
Today you will be woken up early in the morning – and for good reason! Climb to the top of a sand dune in the pre-dawn dark and wait to contemplate the glorious sunrise, a truly unforgettable experience. After that, enjoy breakfast at the camp. Then continue your journey by driving to Oulad Berhil via Tazenakhet, a well-known village for its production of Berber carpets. Your next stop is the village of Taliouine, the first producer in Africa of its most famous golden spice: saffron. Wrap the day off with a visit to a cooperative to learn more about this plant. After that, one last drive will drop you off in Oulad Berhil, where you’ll check in to a hotel and spend the night. Dinner included.
- Overnight in Oulad Berhil
Day 5 : OULAD BERHIL – MARRAKECH (320 Km – 4 Hrs)
Wake up to breakfast at the hotel followed by a tour of Ouled Berhil, which will take you to see its ancient Kasbah, Main Street and vibrant souks. After that, drive back to Marrakech by crossing the Tini-n-Test mountain pass and seeing the many Berber village that dot the Atlas Mountain. Arrive at you selected hotel in Marrakech in the evening, where a delightful dinner is waiting for you.
- Overnight in Marrakech.
Day 6 : DEPARTURE MARRAKECH
Enjoy one last breakfast at the hotel before bidding farewell to Morocco and taking your transfer to Marrakech Airport, depending on the time your departure flight is scheduled to leave.
- Breakfast included.