Route of 1000 Kasbahs
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Cross the majestic High Atlas and explore Morocco’s great south on this fascinating 9-day adventure. Spend a night in a tent camp at the foot of the Merzouga dunes and see the sun rise and set over the desert landscape. On this journey you will also visit some of Morocco’s most iconic cities, like Marrakech, Erfoud or Ouarzazate. Come discover the true essence of Morocco.
Marrakech: Admire the famous Koutoubia Mosque, the beautiful Bahia Palace, the Saadian Tombs and Agdal Garden, and wander through the bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa market.
Ouarzazate: Visit the fortified village of Kelaat M’Gouna, famous for its yearly rose festival.
Zagora: This desert outpost is the point from which the ancient Saadian dynasty set out to conquer Timbuktu.
Erfoud: The gateway to the Erg Chebbi dunes.
Merzouga: Admire the desert and take in the sights of its golden dunes.
Boulmane Dades: This town is a stone’s throw away from the ‘Rose Valley’, where the cultivation of roses is the locals’ main economic activity, creating wondrous rose water, essential oils and beauty products.
Skoura: A fertile oasis lined with immense palm groves; its most well-known site is the Amerdil Kasbah.
Fint Valley: Located 15 km from Ouarzazate, this incredible oasis is surrounded by mountains and is home to several villages that still maintain an ancestral lifestyle that’s unique in the region.
- 8 nights’ accommodation
- 8 breakfasts
- 8 dinners.
- Transfers from airport to hotel and vice versa
- Transfer on 4×4 to/from ecolodge Nojoum in fint valley.
- Car rental in Marrakech on day 2 to day 8.
- Unlimited mileage.
- Comprehensive insurance with excess of 5% (franchise).
- Service free of charge: flexible pick up & drop-off the vehicle in Marrakech
- Optional second driver
- Emergency contact
- Flexible pick-up and drop off times
- Lunches & tips in the restaurant & hotels.
- Visas and international flights, and airport taxes (clients pay direct).
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance.
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature such as drinks.
- Visit and entrance fees to museums and monuments mentioned in the itinerary
NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE:
- Compulsory security deposit (returned to the return of the vehicle);Borrows blue card 5000,-DH for category A to E and 1500,-DH F card.
- Please take note that every driver has to be at least 21 years old, except for the category E car rental, for which drivers should be at least 25 years old. Valid driving licence and at least three years driving experience required.
- Compulsory security deposit (it will be returned to you upon returning the vehicle); blue card 5000 dirhams for categories A to E.
- Day 1: Arrival at Marrakech Airport. After the customs formalities, our agent/driver will waiting for you outside the airport, front of the arrival exit holding a sign with your name. Please do not leave the pick-up area without having met the agent/driver first.
- Day 2: Pick-up of rental car at 08:00 in your hotel reception.
- Day 7: You must call directly the Ecolodge Oued Noujoum to confirm the transfer time: Mr Said Lamrani 06 61 21 27 97 or tel. Number 05 24 88 40 41 www.ecolodge-ouednoujoum.com. The transfer is usually between 16:30 and 17:00, but the customer must call the ecolodge to confirm whether there has been any change.
- Day 8: Return of rental car will be at the hotel. All details and exact time should be agreed with our agent on day 2 .
- For unmarried couples with Moroccan nationalies, please inquire about local legislation concerning accommodation.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to tour contents without prior notice, including possible change of hotels and/or itinerary
What do I need to bring?
Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting religious or official buildings in Morocco. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1, 8 Marrakech:
- Standard Hotel Category = Tichka hotel or similar 4*
Day 2 Ouarzazate:
- Standard Hotel Category = Le Fint hotel or similar 4*
Day 3 Zagora Tilougui:
- Standard Hotel Category = Tilougui Camp or similar (Bivouac)
Day 4 Merzouga:
- Standard Hotel Category = Kasbah Leila or similar (Auberge)
Day 5 Boumalne:
- Standard Hotel Category = Kasbah Tizzariouine or similar (Kasbah)
Day 6 Skoura:
- Standard Hotel Category = Kasbah Ait Ben Moro hotel or similar (Kasbah)
Day 7 Oasis Fint Valley:
- Standard Hotel Category = Ecolodge Oue Noujoum or similar (Ecolodge)
CAR HIRE OPTIONS
Car Group A Dacia Logan or similar
Car Group C Dacia Lodgy or similar
Car Group E Mitsubishi Pajero or similar
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL MARRAKECH
After landing in Marrakech Airport and clearing customs, our agent/driver will be waiting to meet and greet you outside the airport, in front of the Arrivals exit, holding a sign with your name on it. Please do not leave the pick-up area without having met the agent/driver first. Our representative will provide you all the vouchers you’ll need for this trip and then take you to the air-conditioned transfer to your hotel in Marrakech. Check in and spend the rest of day at leisure, perhaps going out to admire the city’s top monuments, which include the magnificent Koutoubia mosque, the beautiful Bahia Palace with its exceptional decorated Saadian Tombs, and the walled Medina and its maze of alleys and side streets.
- Overnight in Marrakech
Day 2 : MARRAKECH – AIT BEN HADDOU – OUARZAZATE (210 Km – 4 hrs)
After breakfast, pick up your rental car at 8:00 in the morning at your hotel reception. We recommend you begin your adventure by driving to Ait Ben Haddou, which is one of the famous ksars (‘castles’) of the south and is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. You might find this location familiar, as it is also the preferred filming site of many famous TV shows and films. Afterwards, continue your trip to Ourzazate, where you can visit the famous Glaoui Kasbah. Then check in at your selected hotel to spend the night.
- Overnight in Ouarzazate.
Day 3 : OUARZAZATE – ZAGORA – TILOUGUI CAMP (175 Km – 3 hrs)
Wake up to breakfast at the hotel and then hit the road again to drive towards Zagora, one of the prettiest towns in Southern Morocco. It still preserves many ancient Kasbahs and old fortresses on the foothills of the Anti-Atlas, or Lesser Atlas. After Zagora, keep driving along the Tamegroute road in order to reach Tilougui, a serene desert camp 9 kilometres from Zagora. This beautiful camp, accessible by car, is a calm oasis filled with palm trees and surrounded by golden dunes in the heart of the desert.
- Overnight in Zagora.
Day 4 : TILOUGUI – ERFOUD – MERZOUGA (385 Km – 4 hrs)
After enjoying breakfast in the wilderness, depart for Merzouga to continue your desert odyssey. We suggest making a stop in Rissani to visit a spectacular 17th-century Kasbah before continuing to Erfoud, where you can stroll through its vibrant and colourful souk. Also in Erfoud is the Borj, a fortified tower overhanging the village that offers a magnificent view of the surrounding palm groves and desert. Lastly, continue driving to Merzouga, where you’ll check in and spend the night.
- Overnight in Merzouga.
Day 5 : MERZOUGA – BOUMALNE DADES (245 Km – 4 hrs)
Charge your batteries with breakfast before departing to Boumalne Dades, located at the edge of a desert plateau. Then you’ll eventually reach El Kelaa M’Gouna, a city located in the heart of the fragrant Rose Valley, thus known for its extensive cultivation of roses for cosmetic purposes. Here are grown other local delicacies such as saffron. The location is also famous for celebrating an annual rose festival. Check in to your hotel and spend the night.
- Overnight in Boumalne Dades
Day 6 : BOUMALNE DADES – SKOURA (75 Km – 1.5 hrs)
Today follow breakfast with a leisurely drive to Skoura, a quaint town hidden in a lush palm grove. Here you can visit the fascinating Amridil Kasbah, the Ait ben Moro Kasbah and other picture-worthy local attractions. Check in to your hotel and spend the rest of the day making the most of your time in this historically rich location.
- Overnight in Skoura
Day 7 : SKOURA – OUARZAZATE – OASIS FINT VALLEY (60 Km – 1.5 hr)
After breakfast, enjoy a relaxing morning at your leisure in Skoura before getting back in the car to drive to Ouarzazate. After lunch (not included) in this city known for being the gate to the Sahara, park your car at the Al-baraka des Loisirs and at the established time hop onto a 4×4 transfer that will take you deep into the desert to find the Oued Noujoum ecolodge in the splendid Fint Valley, 15 kilometres from Ouarzazate. Make sure to call the ecolodge to confirm the transfer time, although it’s usually between 16:30 and 17:00. Once in the ecolodge, make yourself at home and enjoy the peace and quiet of your new abode for the night.
- Overnight in Oasis Fint Valley
Day 8 : OASIS FINT VALLEY – MARRAKECH (230 Km – 4.5 hrs)
After breakfast, hop back onto the 4×4 transfer that will take you from the ecolodge back to Al-baraka de collect your rental car. Then take the wheel and drive all the way back to the red city of Marrakech, where your journey started. Once there, spend some time browsing the souks and admiring the rich craftsmanship of their wares. Then go explore the bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, the beating heart of Marrakech. Marvel at this humming hive of activity as the sun sets over this vast space packed with stalls and heaving with snake charmers, Gnawa musicians and a myriad of colourful characters. Later, return your rental car at the hotel, where you’ll check in and enjoy one last night in Morocco. All details and exact time should be agreed with our agent in day 2 on car’s delivery time.
- Overnight in Marrakech
Day 9 : DEPARTURE MARRAKECH
Wake up to the trip’s last breakfast at the hotel before bidding farewell to Morocco and hopping onto your transfer to the airport, where you’ll catch your flight to your following destination.
- Breakfast included.