Mexico City & Merida City
(Delight Mexican Cuisine)
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Enjoy Mexican cuisine and the cultural wonders offered by this 9-day seat-in-coach tour. Travel through incredible corners of Mexico City like the neighborhood of Colonia Roma, which has become the showcase of the best Mexican cuisine. Chefs, restaurant owners and food lovers recognize it as the place where gastronomic trends are established in Mexico. In Merida cooking class, you will discover amazing traditional dishes. In addition, you can taste delicious local fruits. You will also learn about the customs and traditions of Yucatan, visit Chichen Itza and bathe in a Cenote.
Mexico City: This enormous, bustling capital city maintains its colonial charm and offers a vibrant and eclectic atmosphere.
Xochimilco: UNESCO World Heritage Site known as the “place of flowers”. It is best known for its canals and artificial islands called chinampas, which are used to grow flowers, vegetables and ornamental plants that you can admire floating along in a gondola like-boat.
Colonial Roma: Built in the early twentieth century, it was one of the first residential districts in the city, today it is one of the most popular colonies, where the best of vintage and current trends are mixed.
Merida: Yucatan’s ‘White City’ is famed for the elegant tree-lined boulevards from the 19th century. Immerse yourself in the local culture with the traditional dishes and enjoy the cooking class.
Cenotes: Discover the magic of the region’s natural pools that can be found underground or open to the sky.
Chichen Itza: Uncover the mysteries of Maya civilisation at this ancient archaeological site dominated by the imposing Temple of Kukulkan
- Operated with local English & Spanish speaking licensed guide on a shared basis on days 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9
- 8 nights’ accommodation
- 8 breakfasts,
- 4 lunches on days 3, 6, 7, 8
- 2 dinners on days 2, 8
- Shared transfer between the airport and the hotel in Mexico City
- Air-conditioned transportation on a shared basis
- Shared transfer from Merida Airport to the hotel
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Mexico City tour (day 2), Anthropological Museum (day 2), Garibaldi, Xochimilco BT, Colonia Roma Food Tour (day 3); Teotihuacan, Basilica de Guadalupe (day 4), Cooking Class in Merida (day 6), Haciendas & Cenotes tour (day 7), Uxmal Light & Sound (day 8), Chichen Itza tour (day 9)
- Meet & Greet at Mexico City International Airport on day 1
- Meet & Greet at Merida Airport on day 5
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Optional tours
- International and domestic flight tickets or Mexican visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- On Monday the Anthropology Museum and National Palace is closed
- Garibaldi & Dinner at Bellini’s tour is not available on Sunday and Monday
- Colonia Roma Food tour is not available on Sunday
- The itinerary order may change depending on the weekday of arrival (in order to make all activities)
- The assigned guide and group size may change during the itinerary
- Estimated arrival time at Cancun is 7.30 pm. So please book the departing flight accordingly (or book an additional night in Cancun)
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Mexico. However, the climate can be wet and cold, especially in winter, therefore we recommend to bring warm clothes, a raincoat and umbrella. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-4 Mexico City
- Standard Hotel Category = Regente or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Galeria Reforma or similar 4*
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Barcelo Reforma or similar 5*
Day 5 – 8 Merida City
- Standard Hotel Category = Mision Panamericana 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Gamma by Fiesta Inn El Castellano or similar 4*
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Hyatt Merida or similar 5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.