Mayan Heritage, Private tour
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join our 7-day private tour and discover the secrets of the greatest civilizations ever. Step back in time and learn more about the Mayan heritage in Chichen Itzá and swim in sacred Mayan Cenotes. Sites of Xcambo and Uxmal will unveil the Mayan architectural gems and witnessing a spectacular light and sound show over the ruins of Uxmal will rise this fascinating experience. The peacefulness of “White City” of Merida will pull you in to its beautiful streets that make it a place of elegance and charm. This trip will fill all your senses and will leave great memories for the lifetime.
Chichén Itzá: most important sites that protects the legacy of one of the ancient civilization. Mayan cultural heritance is still present between its ruins and architectural remains.
Uxmal: astonishing archaeological site that keeps hidden secrets of the Mayan legacy. The unique spectacular of the Light and Sound is played over the silence of these old Mayan ruins.
Cenotes Santa Barbara: giant craters, created when the asteroid hit the earth, and caused the formation of this spectacular underground water sinkholes with a crystal clean water.
Merida: tranquil city that boasts rich culture, history, art and traditions, surrounded by the Mayan ruins and architecture. Its food, layered with exquisite gastronomic heritage, will take over your gastronomic expectations and wonderful experience “Mama home cooking class” will unveil you secrets tips and tricks of the traditional cuisine.
- Operated with bilingual English-Spanish speaking escorted driver-guide throughout the itinerary
- Operated with the local guide during the Mama home cooking class on day 5
- 6 night’s hotel accommodation
- 6 Breakfasts
- 4 Lunches (incl. 1x Lunch at Mama´s cooking class on day 5; 1x Lunch at Yucatan Women community on day 6)
- 3 Dinners
- Pick-up private transfer from Cancun/ Riviera Maya/ Tulum
- Drop off private transfers from Merida to Riviera Maya/Tulum or Cancun Airport
- Air-conditioned private transportation throughout the program as per itinerary
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Chichen Itza Sightseeing tour (incl. Kukulkán pyramid, Mayan and Toltec Architecture Sanctuary) and Pueblo Maya de Izamal excursion (Day 2), Xcamb archaeological site and Craft fruit workshop (Day 3), Merida city tour, Uxmal archaeological excursion and Light & Sound Spectacular (Day 4), Merida´s local market tour and Mama home cooking class (Day 5), Santa Barbara Cenotes and Homun Cycling tour (Day 6), Valladolid City tour (Day 7)
- Domestic nor International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 1: Please advise the hotel´s direction in Cancun, Riviera Maya or Tulum at the time of booking, in order to arrange the pick-up. If there is an airport pick-up involved, kindly advise the flight number and time of arrival.
- Day 7: Please advise preferred drop off location in Cancun, Riviera Maya or Tulum. If there is an airport drop off involved, kindly advise the flight number and time of departure
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons.
- Late check-out, early check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms at the hotel are all subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- In many hotels in Mexico, the triple rooms are a double room with an additional bed or sofa bed. Their comfort conditions are lower than international standards of triple room.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Mexico. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Chichén-Itzá
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Okaan or Hacienda Chichen or similar 3*
Day 2 Dzidzantun
- Standard Hotel Category = Hacienda San Francisco or similar 3*
Day 3, 4, 5, 6 Merida
- Standard Hotel Category = Casa del Balam or Mision Panamericana or similar 3*
Pre/post-night in Cancun
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Adhara Cancun or similar 3*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : CANCUN / RIVIERA MAYA/ TULUM – CHICHÉN ITZÁ (205 km – 2.5 hrs)
Wake up early in the morning, meet your driver approx. at 7:30 am at your hotel´s reception and transfer to Chichén Itzá, Old Mayan city. En-route your will be passing by the golden coastline of the Playa las Coloradas, where you can get stunning views over the pink, golden-sand beaches and admire the beautiful nature of this spectacular region. Afterward we head toward the emerald cenote, natural sinkhole, created from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes groundwater underneath. You will stop for a lunch (included) and refreshment in these secret underground lagoons. Once in Chichén Itzá, check-in to your hotel, and put your feet up after this unique first-day experience.
Overnight in Chichén-Itzá.
Day 2 : CHICHÉN ITZÁ – DZIDZANTUN (130 km – 2 hrs)
Wake up to breakfast at the hotel and meet your driver at around 08:00 am to visit the historical sanctuary of the Mayan and Toltec Architecture (entrance included). Among the other, admire the Kukulkán pyramid, old observatory, and monument and monks monastery. Typical Mayan ball games will spark your interest, and you will learn about the history of this long Mayan tradition. Afterwards, continue to the village Pueblo Maya de Izamal well known as “the city of three cultures”, where the roots of pre-Hispanic´s culture were formed during the colonial period. Continue to Dzidzantuncheck-in to the luxury Mayan cabanas and enjoy the delightful dinner.
Overnight in Dzidzantun.
Day 3 : DZIDZANTUN – MERIDA (80 km – 1.15 hrs)
Enjoy your luscious breakfast at the hotel and spend a delightful morning at leisure surrounded by this wonderful Mayan heritage. Take a walk through the spectacular gardens, or ride a bike and explore nearby surroundings. At an agreed time with your driver, continue your trip with the scenic drive admiring spectacular landscape merging with the sea views, greenish plants lagoons and with the bit of luck, you will see flamingos, bathing on the seacoast. After the lunch, you´ll stop at the craft fruit workshop and you´ll see the archeological site of Xcambo. Follow the “White City” Merida, check-in to your hotel and get ready for a dinner with special thematic at one of the charming local restaurants.
Overnight in Merida.
Day 4 : MERIDA – UXMAL – MERIDA (165 km – 2.45 hrs)
Wake up to a tasty breakfast at the hotel and prepare for your following experience. Meet your driver and explore the gems of Merida on the exciting city tour. The Cathedral, Palacio de Gobierno, Palacio Municipal y Casa de Montejo are only a few of the architectural treasures of this Old City. Afterward, we continue to see the archeological area of Uxmal, where admires the Adivino Pyramid, a quadrangle of nuns and the Palace of Governor. To wrap up this architectural discovery, we will enjoy a special dinner at the hotel´s restaurant that is followed by the unique spectacle of the Light and Sound settled at the silence of the Uxmal archeological site.
Overnight in Merida.
Day 5 : MERIDA
After your morning breakfast at the hotel, get ready for your thrilling experience. Together with your guide, you will go to the local market, to get involved in the local gastronomy exploring the traditional aromas and flavors by tasting the typical dishes, fruits that will help you to get a deeper insight of the culture. You will shop necessary products and ingredients for your following activity, Mama home cooking class, where you discover the typical elaboration of sopes, enchiladas, chilaquiles and secret recipes of the Mexican cooking tradition. You will get there by taking a local bus. Once back at the hotel in the afternoon, spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Merida.
Day 6 : MERIDA – HOMUN – MERIDA (120 km – 2 hrs)
Start your day with an energizing breakfast at the hotel and get ready for your departure towards Homun. En route, you will stop for a visit of Santa Barbara, the small city settled in the north of Mexico, surrounded by the mountains that keep in secret beautiful caves with the original painting left by early indigenous people. Upon your arrival to Homun, prepare for a cycling tour around the nearby cenotes, undergrounded sinkholes and other natural gems of this region. Enjoy local Mayan lunch dish prepared by the women from the Yucatan Women community (included). Once back in Merida, enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight in Merida.
Day 7 : MERIDA – VALLADOLID – CANCUN / RIVIERA MAYA/ TULUM (315 km – 4 hrs)
Enjoy your last breakfast at the hotel, check out and depart back to Cancun at approx. 10:00 am. En route you´ll stop to visit a picturesque town Valladolid, the first village concurred by Spanish, where you´ll enjoy the lunch (included). A city tour of this town is a really exciting experience. Continue to Tulum, Riviera Maya or to Cancun International Airport, to continue with your travel arrangements (estimated time of the arrival at the airport is at 5:00 pm please do not book your onwards flight earlier than 07:00 pm).