Colonial Treasures & Magic Towns
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
A unique opportunity to discover and enjoy Mexico’s great cathedrals and sumptuous temples, sober government palaces and elegant stately mansions, cheerful markets and theatres, lively squares dotted with gardens, cobbled streets and discrete alleys for kissing Secret of lovers, of mariachis and prickly pears, of delicious flavours as a result of a rich culinary miscegenation.
Mexico City: The enormous, bustling capital city maintains its colonial charm and offers a vibrant and eclectic atmosphere.
Teotihuacan: also known as, the place where the gods are made, with more than 2,500 years of history, this ceremonial centre had a vital development.
San Miguel de Allende: dive into the rich and colourful history of San Miguel de Allende by visiting the most iconic and famous landmarks
Magical Towns: fall in love with the historical and cultural wealth of the Magical towns in Mexico as Tequila, Dolores Hidalgo and Patzcuaro.
- Operated with English- and Spanish-speaking tour escort throughout the itinerary
- (Tours in English and Spanish will be combined in our vehicles for seat-in-coach itineraries. The local guide will speak both)
- 10 night’s accommodation
- 10 Breakfasts
- 1 Dinner during Tacos & Mezcal Experience
- Arrival and departure shared transfer in an air-conditioning bus from/to Mexico City International Airport
- Shared transportation in an air-conditioning bus throughout the tour
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Teotihuacan, Basilica de Guadalupe (Day 2); Mexico City tour, Anthropological Museum, Tacos and Mezcal tour (Day 3), Queretaro City and San Miguel de Allende city tour (Day 4); Dolores Hidalgo sightseeing, including Independence Nacional Museum, Historic Museum Hidalgo´s house, Diego Rivera´s house Museum and Guanajuato walking city tour, including; Juarez theatre, cable car (Day 5); Cable car, the taking of Zacatecas Museum, Edén mine (Day 6); Walking tour by Tlaquepaque town (Day7), Guadalajara City incuding the Degollado Theater, the Cathedral, the rotunda of the Illustrious Men, the Government Palace which has the incredible murals of Orozco, the Tapatia Square and the panoramic ‘Hospicio Cabañas’ (Cabañas Orphan’s Home) (Day 8); walking tour by Tequila downtown and one of the distilleries of the liquor recognized all over the world (Day 8); Walking tour by Patzcuaro Town (Day 9) Morelia city tour (Day 10)
- Meet & Greet
- Day 3: The Mezcal & Tacos tour, transportation during the tour is included, however, the hotel pick-up/drop-off is not included. The walking distance from the hotel Royal Reforma is 8 min. Tastings are subject to change without notice. Not recommended for vegans.
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Guide: tours in English and Spanish will be combined in our vehicles for seat-in-coach itineraries. The local guide will speak both. The guide does not necessarily be accommodated in the same hotel as group/guests
- Day 3: National Palace and Anthropological Museum are closed on Mondays
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons.
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Mexico. However, the climate in winter can be very cold; therefore, we recommend bringing warm clothes, a raincoat and umbrella. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-3 & 10 Mexico City
- Standard Hotel Category = Royal Reforma or similar 4*
Day 4 San Miguel de Allende
- Standard Hotel Category = Casa Primavera o Real de Minas or similar 4*
Day 5 Guanajuato
- Standard Hotel Category = Suites Mexico Plaza and Holiday Inn Express or similar 3.5*
Day 6 Zacatecas
- Standard Hotel Category = Emporio Zacatecas or similar 4*
Day 7-8 Guadalajara
- Standard Hotel Category = Morales o De Mendoza or similar 3.5*
Day 9 Morelia
- Standard Hotel Category = Mision Catedral o Casino or similar 3.5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL MEXICO CITY (25km – 30min)
After landing at Mexico City International Airport, make your way to the arrivals hall, where our representative will meet and transfer you to the hotel. Have the rest of the day at leisure, taking advantage of the hotel amenities or exploring the beautiful surroundings.
Overnight in Mexico City.
Day 2 : MEXICO CITY – TEOTIHUACAN – SHRINE OF GUADALUPE (100km – 2 hr)
Wake up to breakfast at the hotel and shortly after, join the tour escort at the lobby and depart to visit two impressive ceremonial centres, Basilica of Guadalupe (contemporary) and Teotihuacan (pre-Hispanic). The first stop will be at to ‘Plaza de las Tres Culturas’, the site where the largest market of Mexico pre-Columbian, Tlatelolco, was located, where you will have a panoramic view of the esplanade and the archaeological zone. Continue to Basilica of Guadalupe, the largest religious sanctuary in Mexico, which houses the most revered image in Mexico, that of the Virgin of Guadalupe. You will visit the atrium and the interior of the Cathedral. The tour will continue to Teotihuacan, also known as ‘place where the gods are made’. With more than 2,500 years of history, this ceremonial centre had a vital development, born in Textiles of natural fibres and Obsidian as a matter of Exchanges and tools. Enter the enigmatic archaeological zone visiting the temples of ‘Quetzalpapalotl’ (butterfly bird), the ‘Caracoles Emplumados’ and the pyramid of the Moon. Keep going to visit La Ciudadela and the Temple of Quetzalcoatl before finalizing the visit with the impressive Pyramid of the Sun. After the tour, enjoy a stop at a typical restaurant to have lunch (not included). Shortly afterwards, return to Mexico City in the afternoon.
Overnight in Mexico City.
Day 3 : MEXICO CITY
The tasty breakfast at the hotel is followed by a city tour of the capital in the morning. Visit the historic centre, Zocalo (the city’s main square), the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the National Palace which features murals by famous artist Diego Rivera (closed on Monday). Afterwards, we make a stop at the Anthropological Museum (closed on Monday), a place that after almost half-century since its creation, still remains the most emblematic area that safeguards Mexico’s autochthonous legacy. Free time for lunch (not included), and the rest of the afternoon at leisure. In the evening, meet the tour escort at Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel, where is the meeting point for starting our Mezcal & tacos tour (07:00 pm). Tacos is the most emblematic dish of Mexico. Explore the delicious flavors and versatility of the regions of Mexico through the most famous Mexican food: with corn or wheat tortilla, pork or fish, with or without cheese; your majesty: the taco (included tacos and mezcal tasting/equivalent to a dinner). Discover traditional and classic late night ‘taquerias’ in Mexico City. We all love tacos! And we love even more drinking the elixir of the Gods! Our Mezcal master will guide you into the tastes of traditional Mezcal of the original towns of Mexico. The tour end in the same point and you will get your hotel by your own (walking distance eight minutes).
Overnight in Mexico City.
Day 4 : MEXICO CITY – QUERÉTARO – SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE (290km – 4hr)
Charge your batteries with breakfast at the hotel and departure towards Queretaro City. You will visit the Aqueduct, the Ex Convent of the Cross and its beautiful Historical Center. The tour will continue towards San Miguel de Allende, a preferred place by artist, intellectuals and famous for its buildings which go from the baroque to the gothic style, among which stand out the Paroch of Saint Michael the Archangel, which is the symbol of the city. Like many other places of interest, there is the Saint House of Loreto’s Chapel, the Conception Convent, Saint Francisco Church and the Allende Institute. We recommend visiting the beautiful streets, the traditional coffee shops and restaurants. Settle in your hotel in the afternoon.
Overnight in San Miguel de Allende.
Day 5 : SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE – DOLORES HIDALGO – GUANAJUATO (100km – 2hr)
Have a delightful breakfast at the hotel and departure towards the City of Dolores Hidalgo; birthplace of Mexico’s Independence where the Priest Don Miguel Hidalgo. The House and Museum of this National Hero are located in this beautiful city, also is the birthplace of Jose Alfredo Jimenez who is one of the most famous composers in the world. Departure towards the beautiful City of Guanajuato, to enjoy its squares and narrow streets called ‘callejones’ which has interesting places that are worth to be known as the Juarez Theatre, the University, the romantic Kiss Street, the House and Museum of Diego Rivera. This City is the only one in Mexico with underground streets and avenues. In the afternoon, you will be dropped off at the hotel.
Overnight in Guanajuato.
Day 6 : GUANAJUATO – ZACATECAS (350km – 5hr)
Enjoy a tasty breakfast at the hotel before departing to Zacatecas, a beautiful Mine City, the facades of its houses are carved in pink stones and its Cathedral is the most outstanding example of the Mexican Baroque. You will enjoy the panoramic view of its Historical Center and also, we visit the ‘Eden’s Mine’. In the afternoon, arrive at the hotel.
Overnight in Zacatecas.
Day 7 : ZACATECAS – GUADALAJARA (300km – 4h)
In the morning, enjoy breakfast at the hotel. We will depart to Guadalajara, the birthplace of the Mariachi and the Tequila, a well-known Mexican symbol. We shall visit the Tlaquepaque’s Town, famous for its most fines handicrafts in the State. Here you can find the Gallery of the Sculptor Sergio Bustamante. It is possible to have lunch in some of the Typical Restaurants accompanied by a group of Mariachis (not included). Arrive at the hotel in the afternoon.
Overnight in Guadalajara.
Day 8 : GUADALAJARA – TEQUILA – GUADALAJARA (150km – 2hr)
Indulge in an early breakfast and join the tour escort to visit the places of interest in Guadalajara City like the Degollado Theater, the Cathedral, the rotunda of the Illustrious Men, the Government Palace which has the incredible murals of Orozco, the Tapatia Square and the panoramic ‘Hospicio Cabañas’ (Cabañas Orphan’s Home). We will continue to visit Tequila, known as ‘Pueblo Mágico’ (Magic Town) where you can find the principal distilleries of the liquor recognized all over the world. We shall visit the Agave Fields, plant of the ‘Jimadores’ (person who cut the plants of the Agave), they extract the hearth of the plant in order to obtain the Tequila. Finally, we will visit a distillery to know the production process of this beverage. Return to Guadalajara in the afternoon.
Overnight in Guadalajara.
Day 9 : GUADALAJARA – PÁTZCUARO – MORELIA (390km – 5hr)
Wake up to a leisurely breakfast at the hotel. The first visit of the day will be at Vicente Fernandez Ranch (occasionally it can be closed), our way will continue to ‘Pátzcuaro’ (The Sky Door). Famous City for its colonial beauty and originality in custom and local people. Among its attractions, we can find the Basilica of Our Lady of Health, The Eleven Yards House, the Historical Center and the Janitzio Island. In the Arches of Patzcuaro Center, you can enjoy a variety of coffee shops and restaurants where you can taste the Mexican and International traditional dishes (not included). The tour will continue to Morelia City, in order to arrive at the hotel in the afternoon.
Overnight in Morelia.
Day 10 : MORELIA – MEXICO CITY (310km – 3hr)
Begin your morning with breakfast at the hotel. You will take a tour to the main cities of Morelia, known for its student environment and its magnificent buildings of pink stones: the Cathedral, the Government Palace, the Clavijero Palace, the Main Square, the Typical Candies Market and the Aqueduct. In the afternoon, return to Mexico City.
Overnight in Mexico City.
Day 11 : DEPARTURE MEXICO CITY (25km – 30min)
Start your last day in Mexico with a tasty breakfast at the hotel. Then, check out and transfer to Mexico City International Airport for your departure flight back home.