Best of Chiapas and Yucatan
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Discover the best of Chiapas and Yucatan with this incredible six-day tour offering an intriguing mix of ancient civilisations, breathtaking natural beauty and charming colonial cities. Be humbled by the jaw-dropping scale of the Sumidero Canyon, learn about indigenous culture in Chiapas, lose yourself in the timelessness of graceful Merida, and uncover mystical Mayan ruins. End your trip with us in the sunny beach town of Cancun or the Riviera Maya.
Sumidero Canyon: The 1,000-metre-high vertical walls of this verdant beauty are a truly awe-inspiring sight.
Palenque: A rich example of Mayan architecture, sculpture, roof comb, and bas-relief carvings.
Uxmal: The Pyramid of the Magician in this UNESCO World Heritage Site rises above the jungle canopy.
Merida: Yucatan’s ‘White City’ is famed for the elegant tree-lined boulevards from the 19th century.
Chichen Itza: Uncover the mysteries of Maya civilisation at this ancient archaeological site dominated by the imposing Temple of Kukulkan.
- Operated with Spanish and English-speaking licensed local guide on a shared basis
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- 4 breakfasts on days 2, 4, 5, 6
- 1 box breakfast on day 3
- 1 lunch on day 6
- Air-conditioned transportation with pickup/drop-off as indicated in the itinerary on a shared basis
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: boat tour in Sumidero Canyon, San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan, sightseeing tour of San Cristobal de las Casas, Agua Azul or Misol-Ha waterfalls, guided tour of Palenque, panoramic tour of Campeche, guided tour of Uxmal, panoramic tour of Merida, tour of Chichen Itza
- Motorway tolls and parking fees
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Optional tours
- International / domestic flight tickets or Mexican visa fees
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Border taxes
- Airport departure tax
- Gratuities for porters and chambermaids.
- Departure on Day 1 from Tuxtla airport should be prior to 13 hrs.
- Arrival on day 6 at the selected hotel in Cancun or at Cancun airport will be at 18:30 hrs approx. Please consider this when making the flight arrangements
- Local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
- The assigned guide and group size may change during the itinerary
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Mexico. However, the climate in Chiapas can be wet and cold, especially in winter, therefore we recommend to bring warm clothes, a raincoat and umbrella. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 San Cristobal
- Standard Hotel Category = Mansión del Valle or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Casa Mexicana or similar 4*
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Misión Grand San Cristobal or similar 5*
Day 3 Palenque
- Standard Hotel Category = Tulija Express or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category =Chan Kah or similar 4*
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Villa Mercedes Palenque or similar 4.5*
Day 4 Campeche
- Standard Hotel Category = Misión Campeche or similar 3.5*
- Superior Hotel Category = Plaza Campeche or similar 4*
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Casa Don Gustavo Standard Suite or similar 5*
Day 5 Merida
- Standard Hotel Category = Del Gobernador or similar 3.5*
- Superior Hotel Category = El Castellano or similar 4*
- Deluxe Hotel Category = Hyatt Regency or similar 5*
Pre-night stay in Tuxtla Gutierrez:
- Superior Hotel Category = Marriott Tuxtla Gutierrez or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.