Through the Rift Valley, Serena Lodges
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
An African safari touches something deep within all of us, for it is an experience that will never be forgotten. This four-day private adventure takes you through the Great Rift Valley and the vast game-rich plains of the Maasai Mara, covering one national reserve and one national park. The driver-guides are all skilled experts and will certainly make this safari feel special while the accommodation has been specifically chosen to enhance your experience.
Maasai Mara National Reserve: situated in south-west Kenya and is one of Africa’s Greatest Wildlife Reserves, and where the world’s largest multi-species migration takes place. Across the vast plains of the Mara, visitors are able to witness lions, cheetahs, leopards, elephants, and an infinite variety of other species in their natural habitats.
Lake Nakuru National Park: on the floor of the Great Rift Valley, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges. It is ideal for bird watching and game drives.
- Operated with bilingual English-, French-, German-, or Spanish-speaking local driver-guide throughout the tour (The assigned local driver-guide may change during the itinerary. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers)
- 4 night’s accommodation
- 4 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- Arrival and departure private airport transfer in an air-conditioning vehicle from/to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- 4×4 vehicle with a pop-up roof and guaranteed window seat during game drives and all transportation throughout the tour (maximum 7 persons per vehicle) on a private basis
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: 1 game drive at Maasai Mara National Reserve (Day 2); 2 game drives at game drive at Maasai Mara National Reserve (Day 3); 1 game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park (Day 4); Lake Elementaita escorted bird walk (Day 5)
- Meet & Greet
- Government taxes
- 1 bottle of mineral water (500ml) per person per day on game drives
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 1, Check-in time is 02:00 pm. Clients arriving in the middle of the night must book a pre-night as they will not be permitted to wait in the hotel lobby
- Day 5, the drop-off is at Nairobi City Centre or JKI Airport at 01:00 pm approx. (flights to be booked 04:00 pm onwards)
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed
- Park fees may change without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will have to be covered by the client
- Due to limited luggage space in vehicles, suitcases are unsuitable for scheduled road safaris. We recommend luggage packed in inexpensive barrel/sausage bags or soft-sided bags not exceeding 15kg and 65×46 cm. Excess luggage can be handed over to the representative at the time of briefing. It will be handed over to you on your return from the safari. Additional costs may apply to pick up drop off luggage at specific points
What do I need to bring?
Passengers should bring only soft-sided bags on safari. Passengers arriving to Kenya may be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate. Travellers’ cheques are generally not accepted in east Africa. US banknotes cannot be older than 2004 and must have the latest security markings (large portrait of the president). Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Nairobi:
- Superior Hotel Category = Nairobi Serena Hotel or similar 5*
Day 2-3 Maasai Mara:
- Superior Hotel Category = Mara Serena Safari Lodge or similar 5*
Day 4 Lake Elementaita:
- Superior Hotel Category = Lake Elementaita Serena Lodge or similar 5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL NAIROBI
Upon arrival at Nairobi International Airport, you will be met by your tour representative and transferred to Nairobi Serena Hotel or similar for check-in. Enjoy an afternoon at your own leisure, perhaps taking advantage of the modern facilities, before you embark on your Kenyan odyssey. The Serena group is renowned for offering excellent hotel facilities throughout East Africa, and the Nairobi Serena is no exception. A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, the Nairobi Serena enjoys a location on the edge of the Central Park and the City Centre. Shaded by the glorious Jacaranda, Bougainvillea and Acacia trees and surrounded by lush manicured gardens, the hotel provides a peaceful and luxurious retreat to travellers, business people and famous dignitaries in a bustling city.
Overnight in Nairobi.
Day 2 : NAIROBI – MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (280kms – 5 hrs)
After breakfast, Safari briefing and Depart Nairobi, travel towards Kenya’s fertile highlands, heading down the Rift Escarpment on a road built by Italian prisoners during World War II. Keep an eye out for the charming chapel they built at the foot of the escarpment. Pass the futuristic Longonot earth satellite station as you head across the valley to Narok, and then travel through fields of wheat and barley, before reaching the Maasai Mara in time for lunch. Afterwards, it’s time for the first game drive of the tour, returning to the lodge at sunset. A masterful interpretation of a traditional Maasai village, Mara Serena Safari Lodge seemingly floats on a sea of savannah and the beautiful pool looks out over the wide plains, offering stunning views. The rooms are Maasai-influenced in style yet extremely comfortable. The main dining room has three large domes and three small ones depicting Maasai manyattas (villages). An African al fresco barbecue is occasionally served by the pool overlooking the Mara plains. It is on this very terrain, stretching endlessly before the lodge, that the annual migrations take place, where millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle pass through on their way to and from their alternative feeding grounds in Tanzania. In the evening, enjoy dinner at the lodge.
Overnight in Maasai Mara.
Day 3 : MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (5-6 hrs on game drives)
Enjoy an early breakfast before departing for a morning game drive. The Maasai Mara National Reserve is home to millions of wild animals, including the fabled Big Five (lions, leopards, elephants, buffaloes and black rhinos), as well as antelopes, gazelles and wildebeest, amongst many others. Return to the lodge for lunch and perhaps a siesta before setting off for an afternoon game drive and a visit to a Maasai village, heading back to the lodge as the sun sets. In the evening, enjoy dinner at the lodge.
Overnight in Maasai Mara.
Day 4 : MAASAI MARA – LAKE NAKURU – LAKE ELEMENTAITA (210kms – 7 hrs)
Leaving the Maasai Mara after breakfast, travel across the ‘breadbasket’ of Kenya, where acres of wheat and barley litter the landscape as you head north to Narok, the district headquarters of this part of Maasailand. Now travel across the vast plains on the floor of the Rift Valley, stop en route for a picnic lunch. Keeping an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle as you head up the Mai -Mahiu, before arriving Lake Nakuru National Park for a game drive. The national park, known for its birdlife, offers a possibility to view flamingoes. It is also home to Black and White rhinos as well as the endangered Rothschild Giraffe. Late afternoon continue to your camp situated in Soysambu Conservancy.
Overnight at Lake Elementaita.
Day 5 : LAKE ELEMENTAITA – DEPARTURE NAIROBI (140km – 3hrs)
Following an early breakfast and an escorted bird walk, leave the Rift Valley behind and proceed to Nairobi. Once in the city, you will be dropped off at Nairobi city centre or Jomo Kenyatta airport to take the flight to your onward destinations.