Mt Kenya Maasai
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Discover some of the most dramatic landscapes in Africa while coming face to face with the animal kingdom of Kenya’s Great Rift Valley. Travelling north from Nairobi through traditional farming communities, the landscape drops away to the west into the Rift Valley, creating a breath-taking backdrop to the journey. The bird watching and views around Mount Kenya, as well as the lakes, are spectacular, while the big game sightings in Maasai Mara National Reserve are unforgettable.
Aberdare National Park: relax and surround yourself with wild animals in a lodge inspired by Noah’s Ark: elephants, black rhinos, leopards, spotted hyenas, olive baboons, black and white colobus monkeys, buffalos, warthogs and bushbucks among others.
Maasai Mara National Reserve: situated in south-west Kenya and is one of Africa’s Greatest Wildlife Reserves, and where the world’s largest multi-species migration takes place. Across the vast plains of the Mara, visitors are able to witness lions, cheetahs, leopards, elephants, and an infinite variety of other species in their natural habitats.
Lake Nakuru National Park: on the floor of the Great Rift Valley, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges. It is ideal for bird watching and game drives.
- Operated with bilingual English-, French-, German-, Italian- or Spanish-speaking local driver-guide throughout the tour (The assigned local driver-guide may change during the itinerary. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers)
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- 4 Breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 4 dinners
- 4×4 vehicle with a pop-up roof and guaranteed window seat during game drives and all transportation throughout the tour (maximum 7 persons per vehicle)
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: 1 game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park (Day 2); 1 game drive at Maasai Natural Reserve (Day 3); 2 game drives at Maasai Natural Reserve (Day 4)
- 1 bottle of mineral water (500ml) per person per day on game drives
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 1, the safari departs Safari Park Hotel by 09:30 am. Therefore, travellers must arrive earlier or have stayed overnight at Safari Park Hotel to join the scheduled safari. All clients must be at the pick-up point in time for briefing at 08:00 am. The safari will continue without clients that have not arrived by the departure time and additional costs incurred to arrange for the clients to meet up with the safari group will need to be borne directly by the client on the ground
- Day 5, the drop-off is at Nairobi City Centre at around 01:00 pm. Flight to be booked 04:00 pm onwards.
- Due to limited luggage space in vehicles, suitcases are unsuitable for scheduled road safaris. We recommend luggage packed in inexpensive barrel/sausage bags or soft-sided bags not exceeding 15kg and 65×46 cm. Excess luggage can be handed over to the representative at the time of briefing. It will be handed over to you on your return from the safari. Additional costs may apply to pick up drop off luggage at specific points
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed
- This tour is a combination of regular tours and shared arrangements, clients may be required to change vehicles
- Park fees may change without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will have to be covered by the client
What do I need to bring?
Passengers should bring only soft-sided bags on safari. Passengers arriving to Kenya may be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate. Travellers’ cheques are generally not accepted in east Africa. US banknotes cannot be older than 2004 and must have the latest security markings (large portrait of the president). Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Aberdares:
- Standard Hotel Category = The Treetops or similar 3.5*
Day 2 Lake Nakuru:
- Standard Hotel Category = Lake Nakuru Lodge or similar 3.5*
Day 3-4 Maasai Mara:
- Standard Hotel Category = Keekorok Lodge or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Safari Park Hotel
Nairobi Nairobi County, KE
Day 1 : ARRIVAL NAIROBI – ABERDARE NATIONAL PARK (165km – 3.5 hrs)
Meet your tour driver-guide for a safari briefing at Safari Park Hotel and depart around 09:30 am (All clients must be at the pick-up point in time for the briefing from 08:00 to 09:00 am). The safari will continue without clients that have not arrived by the departure time and additional costs incurred to arrange for the clients to meet up with the safari group will need to be borne directly by the client on the ground. Depart the capital, heading north towards the large town of Nyeri and to Outspan for lunch. In this charming relic of colonial times, you’ll enjoy a bounteous buffet lunch amid the beautiful gardens before being transferred to the night’s accommodation, at The Treetops. Spend the afternoon at leisure. Located in the heart of Aberdare National Park, The Treetops is a tree lodge set in a forest glade with a waterhole that attracts wildlife all day and night, giving you the chance to see elephants, rhinos, leopards, bushbucks and occasionally elusive bongos or giant forest hogs. The waterhole is floodlit and there is an underground viewing platform. Comfortable en suite cabins are fitted with buzzers to announce the arrival of one of the ‘Big Five’ at the waterhole. In the evening, enjoy dinner at the lodge.
Overnight in Aberdares.
Day 2 : ABERDARES – LAKE NAKURU (170km – 3.5 hrs)
Wake up early and indulge in a delicious breakfast. Then, continue your adventure with a drive towards Nyahururu, still known by many as Thomson’s Falls because of its 75-metre waterfall, which can be spotted in the distance. Afterwards, head to the next destination, the spectacular Lake Nakuru, arriving in time for lunch. The waters here are often shimmering pink thanks to the many flamingos that line its shores. After lunch, depart for an afternoon game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park. As well as all the beautiful flamingos, both black and white rhinos are carefully protected and given a new lease of life in this fully fenced 188 square kilometre park. The rhino population numbers more than 50 and continues to grow. The Rothschild’s giraffe is another rarity, and the park has its fair share of buffaloes, leopards, zebras, elands, waterbucks and lions. Lake Nakuru Lodge is situated in the heart of what is Kenya’s most densely populated wetland national park, which is one of six internationally protected marsh areas. The lodge is in the south-east ecological part of the park, and it offers impressive views of the lake and the flamingos. Lush gardens surround the lodge and cottages, and there is an exciting programme of activities and evening entertainment. In the evening, wrap the day up with dinner at the lodge.
Overnight in Lake Nakuru.
Day 3 : LAKE NAKURU – MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE (315km – 6.5 hrs)
Have a tasty breakfast before continuing the adventure at the Maasai Mara National Reserve. Drive to Narok town via Mai-Mahiu with a brief rest stop. Afterwards, continue your trip and arrive in time for lunch at Keekorok Lodge. After dining, depart for an afternoon game drive, returning to the lodge as the sun sets. Keekorok is strategically located in the direct path of the annual migration, and it was the first lodge to be built in the Mara. At the height of the migration, Keekorok is surrounded by a swarming mass of animals, and there is hardly a need to go on a game drive. Sandstone, cedarwood, and other indigenous materials are used in all rooms and public areas. In front of the lodge, there is a 300-metre-long elevated walkway that meanders through a small riverine forest to a bar. This overlooks a dam where resident hippos and other game are regularly seen. There are no fences around Keekorok, and it is not uncommon to see elephants and buffaloes on the perimeter of the grounds or even strolling in – though there are watchmen on the constant look out! Have dinner at the lodge in the evening.
Overnight in Maasai Mara
Day 4 : MAASAI MARA GAME RESERVE (150km – 5-6 hrs game viewing)
Enjoy an early breakfast before an early morning game drive in the Maasai Mara National Reserve. The park is home to millions of wild animals, including the fabled Big Five: lions, leopards, elephants, buffaloes and black rhinos as well as antelopes, gazelles and wildebeest among others. Enjoy an afternoon game drive and return to the lodge. End the day with dinner at the lodge.
Overnight in Maasai Mara.
Day 5 : MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE – DEPART NAIROBI (285km – 5 hrs)
Say goodbye to the Maasai Mara before passing through acres of rolling wheat and barley farms and heading to Narok. Cross the vast plains while keeping an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle before heading up the rift escarpment. Arrive in Kenya’s bustling capital at around 01:00 pm and continue with your travelling arrangements. Flights to be booked 04:00 pm onwards.