Kifaru Safari, Tanganyika Wilderness Camps
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Experience Seven days of breathless safari adventure in northern Tanzania with this odyssey that explores three national parks and a conservation area. ‘Safari’ comes from the Swahili word for ‘journey’ and over the course of this unforgettable itinerary, you will undertake a journey like no other. You will discover some of the most dramatic landscapes in the world, come face to face with wildlife, and have memorable encounters with intriguing cultures.
Lake Manyara National Park: a lush habitat where tree-climbing lions, huge hippos, zebras and wildebeest herds can be seen. The shores of the lake, encrusted with pink flamingo, attract more than 400 species of birds. Large herds of buffalo, cheetah, giraffe and impala roam the lake shores and the forested valley slopes.
Serengeti National Park: Home to millions of wild animals and the famous location of the yearly wildebeest migration. The resident population of lion, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, and birds is also impressive. Its unique ecosystem has inspired writers such as Ernest Hemingway, filmmakers like Hugo von Lawick and Alan Root.
Ngorongoro Crater: the planet’s largest intact volcanic caldera is a world within a world in which humans and wildlife perfectly cohabit. Due to its size and diversity, the crater floor is comprised of several distinct areas, ranging from forest, swamps, lakes and springs, to open grassland and some sandy dunes. This area promises you a truly unique wildlife experience.
- Operated with bilingual English-, French-, or German-speaking local driver-guide throughout the tour (The assigned local driver-guide may change during the itinerary. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers)
- 6 night’s accommodation
- 6 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- Arrival and departure private transfer in an air-conditioning car from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- 4×4 vehicle with a pop-up roof and guaranteed window seat during game drives and all transportation throughout the tour (maximum 7 persons per vehicle) on a private basis
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: 1 game drive at Lake Manyara National Park (Day 3 ); 2 game drives at Serengeti National Park (Day 4 ); 1 game drive at Ngorongoro (Day 5 ); 1 game drive at Ngorongoro Crater (Day 6 )
- Meet & Greet
- All parks fees and government taxes
- 1 bottle of mineral water (500ml) per person per day on game drives
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 1, Please note that check-in is from 02:00 pm, clients arriving in the middle of the night must book a pre-night, as waiting in the lobby is not permitted
- Day 7, the earliest departure from Kilimanjaro International Airport on the last day of the safari should be after 04:00 pm
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of the package is not allowed
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons
- Early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms in the hotel are subject to availability and not guaranteed
- Park fees may change without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will have to be covered by the client
- Due to limited luggage space in vehicles, suitcases are unsuitable for scheduled road safaris. We recommend luggage packed in inexpensive barrel/sausage bags or soft-sided bags not exceeding 15kg and 65×46 cm. Excess luggage can be handed over to the representative at the time of briefing. It will be handed over to you on your return from the safari. Additional costs may apply to pick up drop off luggage at specific points
What do I need to bring?
Passengers should bring only soft-sided bags on safari. Passport/ identity card required for internal flights, for which baggage is limited to 15kg per person, including hand luggage. Excess baggage will be charged at check-in. Passengers arriving Tanzania may be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate. Travellers’ cheques are generally not accepted in east Africa. US banknotes cannot be older than 2004 and must have the most current security markings (large portrait of the president). Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Arusha :
- Standard Hotel Category = Ilboru Safari Lodge or similar 3*
Day 2 Lake Manyara :
- Standard Hotel Category = Manyara Wildlife Safari Camp or similar 3*
Day 3-4 Serengeti:
- Standard Hotel Category = Kati Kati Camp or similar 3*
Day 5-6 Ngorongoro:
- Standard Hotel Category = Ngorongoro Farmhouse or Tloma Lodge or similar 3*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ARUSHA
Upon arrival to the Kilimanjaro Airport, meet and greet your tour representative who will then transfer you to Ilboru Safari Lodge or similar. This lodge is situated at the base of Mount Meru, amongst the banana fields and Maasai tribes, a perfect setting for a family holiday. Enjoy the spacious rooms with African designs, round layouts and thatched rooftops. The Maasai fabrics and draped nets add an ethnic charm that will make your stay all the more comfortable. Unwind while watching the variety of birds from your balcony or take a dip in the large swimming pool.
Overnight in Arusha.
Day 2 : ARUSHA – LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK (105 kms– 1.5 hrs)
After your first breakfast, spend a few hours exploring Arusha at leisure. In the afternoon, you’ll be picked up from the hotel to go on your first vehicle safari and depart Arusha, passing through the Masai Steppe and admiring many picturesque African villages as well as maize, coffee, and banana plantations. At the town of Makuyuni, turn north-west and continue the journey at the base of the scenic escarpment that brings you to your beautiful camp, located near the park. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Lake Manyara National Park.
Day 3 : LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK – SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK (245 Kms– 5 hrs)
After breakfast, enjoy a delightful game drive in Lake Manyara National Park. Keep your eyes open for the fascinating wildlife that populates this lake region and marvel at its staggering natural beauty before heading back to the camp for lunch. Leaving Lake Manyara behind, your journey continues across the stunning hilly countryside of the highlands. Admire the wheat and coffee plantations as you head towards the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. From here lie the vast plains of the Serengeti, where you’ll hopefully start spotting game well before you get into the park. Evening arrival at the camp for dinner and overnight. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Serengeti National Park.
Day 4 : SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK (5-6 hrs on game drives)
The Serengeti is famed for being home to millions of animals and the annual Great Migration of wildebeests, zebras, and gazelles. And yet, the dramatic landscapes in which this wildlife prowls are themselves worthy of admiration. Riverine forests and woodlands, rocky outcrops called kopjes, and an imposing volcano are just some of the backdrops in which the animals can be spotted during the morning and afternoon game drives. With some luck, here you will see the Big Five and, with greater luck, the harder-to-spot species grouped as the Little Five: the antlion, the rhino beetle, the elephant shrew, the buffalo weaver, and the leopard tortoise. Birds and reptiles are also plentiful in the Serengeti National Park. An optional balloon safari is also available, departing the lodge before sunrise, with hour-long flights at different levels to give you both an overview of Serengeti National Park and a close look at the wildlife. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight in Serengeti National Park.
Day 5 : SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK – NGORONGORO CRATER (190 Kms– 4 hrs)
After waking up to breakfast, depart for the epic Ngorongoro Crater while still viewing game as you drive across the vast Serengeti plains. Stop for a picnic lunch along the way and continue the journey to your lodge, set at the base of the conservation area in or near the village of Karatu. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight Ngorongoro Crater.
Day 6 : NGORONGORO CRATER (5-6 hrs on game drives)
A highlight awaits you this morning as you depart to explore what is commonly referred to as the ‘world’s largest wildlife zoo.’ After breakfast, descend with a picnic lunch through the early morning mists 600 metres into the crater. The Ngorongoro Crater is the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera. Due to its size and diversity, the crater floor is comprised of several distinct areas, ranging from forest, swamps, lakes and springs, to open grassland and some beautiful sand dunes. It’s an unforgettable wildlife experience. A picnic lunch is served overlooking a small lake populated with hippos. Return to the lodge in the late afternoon. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Overnight at Ngorongoro Crater.
Day 7 : NGORONGORO CRATER – DEPARTURE ARUSHA (180 Km – 3.5 hrs)
Depart Ngorongoro Crater after breakfast and head southeast en route to Lake Manyara, the village of Mto Wa Mbu and Tarangire beyond. Through the highlands and the Karatu district, you’ll view the scenic wheat plains and coffee plantations before journeying down the spectacular escarpment where you turn on to the main Arusha-Dodoma road to Arusha. Upon arrival in Arusha lunch is provided followed by a transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport, where you’ll catch your international departure flight.