Naples and Sorrento - Self Drive
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Get to know one of Italy’s most romantic coastlines with this eight-day self-drive tour from Naples to Amalfi. Witness the power of nature with a visit to Pompeii and appreciate its beauty on a one-day guided excursion to the Island of Capri. Enjoy the drive through the stunning backdrop of the Amalfi Coast’s sheer cliff faces and idyllic houses that blend seamlessly into the environment. Make the trip your own by stopping to visit one of the quaint fishing villages en route or to dip your toes into the turquoise water of the Mediterranean.
Amalfi: The Amalfi Coast is the perfect blend of both natural and cultural wonders. There is a lot to discover here; picture-postcard villages, the Mediaeval architecture of the Cathedral of Amalfi and the glamour of the clifftop retreat of Ravello. For lovers of nature, the Valle delle Ferriere nature reserve offers walking trails with spectacular views of the coastline and it also contributes to preserving the balance of this area of outstanding natural beauty.
Pompeii: Known as ‘the buried city,’ Pompeii is one of Europe’s most impressive archaeological sites. The weather and impressive views made Pompeii a holiday destination of choice for wealthy Romans, unaware they were living in the shadow of a volcano. The remains of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata, preserved by the clouds of ash and lava that erupted from Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, have all been listed by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Operated with qualified English-speaking guides during the Capri excursion only.
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 dinner
- Pick up and drop off from the hotel for the Capri Excursion and minibus on the island up to Anacapri.
- hydrofoil Sorrento/Capri/Sorrento.
- Applicable local taxes (VAT)
- Unlimited mileage
- Second driver
- Emergency Contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate (When you pick your car up, the fuel tank will be full or partly full. You will be charged the cost of the fuel: Before you return your car, please replace the fuel you’ve used)
- All-inclusive insurance.
- Day excursion to Capri
- Meet & Greet on arrival.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, laundry, and drinks and meals not stated explicitly in the programme
- Any expenses not mentioned in the ‘Inclusions’ section
- International or domestic flight tickets, airport taxes or visa fees
- All types of insurance not mentioned in the description.
- Entrance tickets to any venue, museum or activity
- Any pre- and/or post-stays
- Overnight city tax for overnights in the hotel; clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels
NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE:
- Parking fees
- Damage to a third party or to the hired vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss of child seats
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the rental period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle; in the event of a fine being received, an administration fee will be applied
- If the car is left outside of Rent a Car installations on drop-off, customers will be responsible for any costs generated and for any damage to the vehicle due to it being parked outside of the Rent a Car installations
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc).
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Naples Airport: We have a desk at the airport which is open every day from 9:00 to 19:00. Clients will find our desk, called Acampora Travel – Tui, in the Arrivals hall in front of the main exit. Our assistant will provide all necessary information on how to reach the car rental.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
- Vehicle drop-off is at Naples Airport (rent-a-car office)
- Due to fleet updating, car models offered by Car Hire may be replaced by similar ones.
Day 1-3 Naples:
- Standard Hotel Category = Correra hotel or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Terminus hotel or similar 4*
Day 4-7 Sorrento:
- Standard Hotel Category = Villa Igea hotel or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = La Residenza hotel or similar 4*
CAR HIRE OPTIONS
Car Group Category A = Fiat 500 or similar
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
You can start this experience at the following places.
Meet & greet service on arrival at the Naples airport: We have a desk at the airport which is opened every day from 09:00 am to 07:00 pm. Clients can reach the desk “Acampora Travel – TUI” which is located at the arrival hall infront of the main exit.
Viale Fulco Ruffo di Calabria, Napoli 80144, Campania, IT
Day 1 : ARRIVAL NAPLES
Upon arrival at Naples International Airport, proceed to the Acampora Travel – TUI desk, located in front of the main exit in the Arrivals hall. (The desk is open daily from 9:00 to 19:00.) Our advisor will provide all the necessary car hire information and direct you to the rental desk. Once you have your hire car ready, it is time to start your Italian adventure! First stop: your hotel in Naples; city of art, history and, of course, glorious food. Spend the rest of your day soaking up the Neapolitan atmosphere. Enjoy a traditional pizza, visit the historical centre or take a walk along the beach promenade.
Overnight in Naples.
Day 2 : NAPLES: PANORAMIC CITY TOUR
Wake up to breakfast at your hotel, then make full use of your day in Naples by taking a panorama city tour. Take the funicular train up to the Vomero area of the city for incredible views over the whole of the Gulf of Naples. Then head down to the ‘vicoli’, the labyrinth of alleyways famous for inspiring writers, poets and film-makers alike. Visit the Piazza Plebiscito, dominated by the regal façade of the Royal Palace of Naples, then step inside the palace to witness its grand staircase, sumptuous rooms and amazing frescoes. Later, take the time to appreciate the views over the harbour from Naples’ oldest fortification, Castel dell’Ovo (‘Castle of the Egg’), and be intrigued by the peculiar legend behind its unusual name.
Overnight in Naples.
Day 3 : NAPLES – CASERTA – NAPLES (70 kms – 1.5 hrs)
Today, breakfast at the hotel is followed by a short drive to Caserta, home to the extraordinary monumental complex and UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site, the Royal Palace of Caserta. Planned in the second half of the 18th century by Luigi Vanvitelli, the complex incorporates a magnificent palace, natural woodlands and over 3 kms of lush palace gardens, fountains, pools and baroque statues. In the Royal Palace grounds, you’ll also find the Belvedere of San Leucio, a noble mansion converted by King Ferdinando IV of Bourbon into a silk mill with the view to creating an idealistic community of workers based on the values of work and equality. In the afternoon, visit the Chiostro di Sant’Agostino, a remarkably well-kept church and convent built in 1441 by the Augustinian Fathers. After a busy day sightseeing, return to your hotel in Naples to dine on local, artisanal cuisine based on pasta, olive oils, breads and of course, wine.
Overnight in Naples.
Day 4 : NAPLES – POMPEII – SORRENTO (50 kms – 1 hrs)
After breakfast at the hotel it’s time to leave Naples and make your way to Sorrento. Today is the perfect opportunity to stop and visit the active volcano, Mount Vesuvius, and the famous archaeological site of Pompeii left buried by the volcano’s deadly eruption in 79 AD. The thick layer of ash and lava that covered Pompeii and Herculaneum fossilised the buildings and people, leaving behind a complete and vivid picture of society and daily life at a specific moment in the past that is without parallel anywhere in the world. In the afternoon, continue on to Sorrento, a coastal town set in the extraordinary landscape of sea, mountain, deep valleys and citrus groves. Dine in a restaurant with a terrace and watch the sun go down over the blue of the Mediterranean.
Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 5 : SORRENTO – CAPRI – SORRENTO (1hr by ferry)
Charge your batteries with breakfast at the hotel, then meet your guide ready to depart to Sorrento Port by minibus. From there, we will take the hydrofoil boat service to Capri Island, an island famed for its spectacular blue water, elegant villas and outstanding beauty. Our tour will encompass the whole island, starting with the small but fashionable Piazzeta, perfect to stop for a drink and to watch the world go by. We will then visit the shopping area, renowned for its boutiques and designer shops. Get back to nature with a visit to the Gardens of Augustus, a botanical gardens with views over the Faraglioni, dramatic rock formations that rise up out of the sea. If weather conditions allow, we will also take a wooden rowboat to the Blue Grotto, a natural sea cave accessed by its metre-high mouth. (entrance fee not included) We will return to Sorrento in the late afternoon and you will be transferred back to your hotel for the night.
Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 6 : SORRENTO – POSITANO – AMALFI – RAVELLO – SORRENTO (80 kms – 3 hrs)
Start the day with breakfast at the hotel then head to your car for a morning departure to Amalfi. This has to be one of the most scenic drives of the trip, as few places are more romantic or more beautiful than Italy’s fabled Amalfi Coast. The region’s highways and coastal routes offer sweeping, panoramic sea views and pass through seemingly impossible multi-coloured villages built into the sides of the cliffs. As you drive the coastline, you will easily see why the area was named by UNESCO a Cultural Landscape. In the afternoon, take your time to visit the town of Amalfi or drive a little further and visit the clifftop retreat of Ravello.
Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 7 : SORRENTO – POSITANO – PAESTUM – SORRENTO (200 kms – 3 hrs)
After breakfast, take the opportunity to spend the day in Positano, one of the Amalfi Coast’s most famed destinations. Here, the white, pink and terracotta houses cascade down the mountainside to the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean. Its narrow, steep streets and steps flanked by wisteria-draped hotels and up-market restaurants offer ample opportunities for photography, and its boutique shops are the perfect excuse for a bit of retail therapy. If relaxation is your thing, head down to the Spiaggia Grande, the largest of Positano’s beaches, or for a slightly more peaceful spot, there’s the more intimate Fornillo beach. We also recommend visiting Paestum, the Greek city of Poseidonia, founded at the end of 7th century BC. This UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site boasts some of the best Greek temples in Campania.
Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 8 : SORRENTO – DEPARTURE NAPLES (50 kms – 1hr)
Begin your last day in Sorrento with breakfast at your hotel before preparing for the final leg of your journey back to Naples. If time allows, stop at one of the other picturesque Amalfi Coast fishing villages along your route, or stop for lunch and a spot of last-minute shopping in Naples before your departure. At the appropriate time, head back to Naples International Airport and return your car to the rental company, which will provide a shuttle service that will transfer you to the terminal to catch your flight back home.