Highlights of Israel
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
During this eight-day tour, discover the incredible highlights of Israel. Arriving in the vibrant city of Tel Aviv, go ‘low’ and see the Dead Sea, visit ancient archaeological ruins and charming villages. Then discover Jerusalem and its history and enjoy a wine tour and a local Israeli winery. Select between a basic bed-and-breakfast basis or enjoy included dinners on the half-board option.
Jerusalem: Israel’s capital is a city of tradition, religion and history, but also of modern culture and heritage
Beit She’an: One of the oldest cities in Israel, over 20 layers of human civilisation are tucked away inside its large ancient mound.
Nazareth: Nazareth, located in Israel’s Galilee region, not only has over a dozen important Christian sites, but as Israel’s largest Arab city, has some fascinating cultural sites and experiences to discover.
Galilee: One of the most beautiful regions of Israel, Galilee is characterised by its beautiful landscape, amazing natural formations, historic sites, and charming villages.
Tel Aviv: This city that never sleeps combines sandy Mediterranean beaches with top-notch nightclubs, a buzzing cultural and culinary scene, fascinating architecture and an international mindset.
- Operated with English-speaking guide on all touring days on shared basis
- 07 nights’ accommodation
- B&B option: 7 breakfasts
- Half-board option: 7 breakfasts and 6 dinners
- Transfer from / to airport on arrival and departure
- Sightseeing in a modern air-conditioned motor coach
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees and visits indicated as included: short visit to Jaffa, visit to Megiddo, Church of the Annunciation, visit to the Wedding Church in Cana, visit to the excavations of Beit She’an, visit to the Qumran Caves, cable car in Masada and visit to its excavations, King Herod’s palace and synagogue, visit to the tomb of King David; visit to the Israel Museum, Knesset and campus of Hebrew University in Jerusalem, visit to Bethlehem, the Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of the Agony, the Museum’s Shrine of the Book containing the famous Dead Sea scrolls, visit to the Herodian city of Jerusalem, Yad Vashem, Church of the Holy Sepulchre and Christian holy sites, visit to a former Syrian fortification, wine tasting, visit to the ruins of a synagogue, visit to old Crusader outpost in Acre, sightseeing tour of Haifa, visit to the port, the Roman theatre in Caesarea, city tour of Tel Aviv.
- Meet and greet on day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the programme
- Lunch and diners throughout the tour
- Gratuities for drive and guide
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, etc
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc
- Porterage at airport
- Optional tours and activities
- The Validity of the passport should be 06 months from the date of departure.
- Hotel early check-out, early check-in, late check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms are all subject to availability and not guaranteed
- Please note that hotel classification is as per Israel standards.
- No refunds for unused services. Splitting the package is not allowed.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the contents of the tour without prior notice, including possible changes of hotels and/or itinerary
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is best suited to travel in the warm months and warm clothing in the colder months in Israel. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or sparse clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings or at the Western Wall. Sun protection, sunglasses and a hat can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1,7 Tel Aviv:
- Standard Hotel Category = Seanet/ Olympia or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Crowne Plaza/ Dan Panorama or similar 4*
Day 2-4 Jerusalem:
- Standard Hotel Category = Gold/ Rimonim or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Crowne Plaza Dlx/ Dan Panorama or similar 4*
Day 5-6 Galilee:
- Standard Hotel Category = Kibbutz Kfar Giladi or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Kibbutz Kfar Giladi Deluxe or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL TEL AVIV
Upon arriving at Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion Airport, meet your tour representative, who will be waiting for you after passport control holding a sign with your name on it. Our representative will guide you to pick up your luggage and then escort you through customs to meet your driver, who will transfer you to your hotel in Tel Aviv. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, becoming acquainted with your vibrant new surroundings.
Overnight in Tel Aviv.
Day 2 : TEL AVIV – BEER SHEBA – MASADA & DEAD SEA – JERUSALEM (305 Kms – 4.5 hrs)
Meet you tour guide in the morning and set off from Tel Aviv, driving south, passing by the cities of Ashdod and Ashkelon to Beersheba, for a short visit to the capital of the Negev Desert. Continue via Arad to Masada, Israel’s foremost archaeological park. Ascend via cable-car for a thorough visit that gives insight to the rituals, politics and culture of the people who inhabited this desert fortress, the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans. Visit the excavations, Herod’s palaces, the synagogue, bathhouse and cisterns, and enjoy the breathtaking view of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea. Descend to the lowest place on earth – the Dead Sea, to experience the mineral-rich black mud and to float in its salty waters. Passing by the oasis of Ein Gedi, proceed through the Judean Desert to Jerusalem.
Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 3 : JERUSALEM
Start the day at the Israel Museum’s Shrine of the Book, which contains the famous Dead Sea scrolls, then a visit to the beautifully renovated model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem, dating back to the time of the Second Temple. Enjoy Ein Karem: a picturesque village in the southwestern outskirts of Jerusalem. This small village has great significance in Christian traditions, since this is where according to tradition John the Baptist was born. Visit Yad Vashem the official memorial to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust, established in 1953, located at the foot of Mt. Herzl. Then travel to Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus, commemorated at the Church of the Nativity and Manger Square. Return to your Jerusalem hotel.
Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 4 : JERUSALEM: OLD CITY
Enter the Old City of Jerusalem, where you’ll see the Western Wall and the actual site of the Second Temple, the Temple Mount. Walk along the Way of the Cross, the Via Dolorosa, to Calvary and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, housing both the traditional site of Crucifixion and the Tomb of the Resurrection. To the southwest, just outside the Old City, is Mount Zion, with the traditional tomb of King David and the Room of the Last Supper. From a top of the Mount of Olives, enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of Jerusalem, a holy city for the world’s three Abrahamic religions, Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Visit the Garden of Gethsemane, where Judas betrayed Jesus. In the heart of a neighborhood in downtown Jerusalem, visit Mahane Yehuda to experience the flavors, aromas, colors and the traders’ interaction with the crowds, at the largest open market in Israel.
Overnight in Jerusalem.
Day 5 : JERUSALEM – BEIT SHE’AN – NAZARETH – GALILEE (270 Kms – 4 hrs)
Leave Jerusalem after breakfast and drive north passing by Jericho, the oldest city in the world. Travel through the Jordan Valley and the new settlements to Beit She’an, and visit the excavations of this beautifully preserved Roman city. On to Nazareth, to visit the Church of the Annunciation and Christian holy sites. Then Continue to Safed, city of the Kabbalah and center of Jewish mysticism, to visit the beautiful streets of the artists’ colony.
Overnight in Galilee.
Day 6 : GALILEE: GOLAN HEIGHTS & AROUND THE SEA OF GALILEE
In the morning, depart the hotel and drive up to the Golan Heights, passing through the Druze villages. Visit a former Syrian fortification on the heights. Pass by Banias, the source of the Jordan River, and then enjoy an Israeli wine country experience, with vineyards surrounded by breath-taking views. Become acquainted with a collection of fine and rare wines during the tour and enjoy a wine tasting while learning about the wine production process. After, descend to the shores of the Sea of Galilee and proceed to Capernaum, to visit the ruins of an ancient synagogue, the Mount of Beatitudes, traditional site of the ‘Sermon on the Mount’ and Tabgha, the traditional site of the ‘miracle of the loaves and the fish’. Continue to Tiberias for a short tour of the old centre of Jewish learning. Optional sailing on a boat across the Sea of Galilee to experience the tranquility and scenery little changed during the past 2000 years (subject to conditions and fee). Return to Galilee.
Overnight in Galilee.
Day 7 : GALILEE – ACRE – HAIFA – CAESAREA – TEL AVIV (124 Kms – 2 hrs)
After breakfast drive through the hills of the Galilee, westwards to Acre for a visit of its old Crusader stronghold and mediaeval fortifications. Continue to Haifa, ascending Mount Carmel for a panoramic view of the city, and visit the Baha’i Shrine, the Persian Garden and the bay. Proceed along the Mediterranean coast to Caesarea to visit the Roman Theatre and the Crusader fortress known as the ‘masterpiece of Herod the Great’. End the day with a short city tour of Tel Aviv and the ancient port of Jaffa.
Overnight in Tel Aviv.
Day 8 : DEPARTURE TEL AVIV
We have reached our final day on this tour! Enjoy one last breakfast before your transfer takes you to the airport for your flight back home.