Winter Athens Acropolis & Acropolis Museum
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Greece is a beloved destination and its capital is a fascinating city rich on long standing monuments and artefacts. Step back in time to the cradle of the human civilization and discover our shared recorded history visiting Acropolis and Acropolis museum. Driving to the south Cape Sounio will take you to the white marble pillars of the Temple of Poseidon and you can unveil the secret believes of the Greek mythology. This short 2-day trip is a good way to get an insight into the Greek culture and together with the Athens vibrant atmosphere and its gastronomy, will satisfy your curiosity about the bohemian Greek culture and life.
Acropolis: Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens
Acropolis Museum: one of the top museums in the world, the impressive marble masterpieces found on the Acropolis including dramatic sculptures and friezes, brilliantly define the Classical period of ancient Greece.
Temple of Poseidon: its marble pillar are standing proud at the Cape Sounio for decades, devoted to the god of the Sea – Poseidon. One of the most breath-taking panoramic views in the world can be captured from this mythical spot.
- Operated with English-speaking local guides during Cape Sounio excursion (Day 1) and Athens city tour (Day 2)
- 1 night hotel accommodation
- 1 Breakfast
- Inbound/Outbound shared air-conditioned transfers from/to Athens Airport or Piareus Port
- Shared transportation in an air-conditioning bus throughout the tour on day 1 and 2
ENTRANCE FEES & ACTIVITES:
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Cape Sounio excursion (Day 1) Athens City tour (Day 2)
- Meet & Greet
- Domestic nor International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Day 1: Please advise your flight details or ferry details, in order to arrange the pick-up.
- Day 2: The luggage after check-out can be stored at the reception until your departure.
- We reserve the right to change itineraries and activities due to weather conditions, technical problems or security reasons.
- Late check-out, early check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms at the hotel are all subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- In many hotels in Greece, the triple rooms are a double room with an additional bed or sofa bed.
Day 1 Athens:
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Arion or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Fresh or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ATHENS – CAPE SOUNIO – ATHENS (160 km – 2.5 hrs)
On your arrival at Athens airport or Piraeus Port (please advise your arrival details in advance to arrange the pick-up), you will be met and greeted by our English speaking assistant and you will be taken to your hotel in the comfortable air-conditioned luxury car. Put your feet up and take rest because in the afternoon, approx. at 14:00 p.m. (exact time to be announced during arrival), you will meet your guide and enjoy the seaside drive along the coastal road, passing the wonderful beaches of Glyfada, Vouliagmeni & Varkiza to the most Southern point of Attica, Cape Sounio, where the white marble pillars of the Temple of Poseidon stand. On the way, you have a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf and the little islands offshore. After visiting the Temple of Poseidon, you have time to walk at leisure on the rocky promontory of Sounio. Once back in Athens, enjoy the rest of the evening at leisure. Optionally, you can book our Night out in Athens and merge yourself into this vivid culture.
Night out in Athens
The tour will begin with a short panoramic drive through the city center where you’ll also have the chance to admire and take photos of the illuminated Acropolis. Then a pleasant walk through the narrow picturesque streets of Plaka will bring you at a Typical Greek Tavern where you will enjoy your dinner accompanied by live music and Greek folk dances. This tour includes roundtrip shared transportation from/to hotel, dinner in a typical Greek tavern, shared professional English speaking escort. Operates daily, except Sundays.
Overnight in Athens.
Day 2 : DEPARTURE ATHENS
Wake up to a luscious breakfast at the hotel, check-out and get ready for your Athens city tour (after check-out, luggage can be stored at the reception). Explore the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held (shortstop), Prime Minister’s residence guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian’s Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma). On the Acropolis visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally the monument that “puts the order in the mind”, the Parthenon. Tour ends by the visit of the new Acropolis museum (due to certain restrictions in the visiting hours of the new Acropolis museum the order of the program can be changed). In the afternoon you will be transferred to Athens airport to take your flight to the following destinations. (Estimated arrival time at the airport is 16:00 pm, please book your travel arrangements accordingly, or book an additional night in Athens (optional extra)).