Iconic Aegean Cruise, 5 Days
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
This may be a short 5 days trip with all-inclusive cruise but you will be amazed at just how much you will see. Mykonos and its famous windmills, Kusadasi in Turkey, the stopping off point for Ephesus, the site of one of the Seven Wonders of the Aegean World and the fabulous Greek islands of Patmos, Crete and Santorini. Your voyage around the beautiful Aegean may seem like a dream by the time you return.
Mykonos: Mykonos is the party animal of the Cycladic islands, Greece’s answer to Ibiza, with bronzed bodies thronging its beaches by day and bass lines pounding through its super clubs until dawn. However, there is more to Mykonos than the dazzling sand and insatiable revelers.
Patmos: Patmos island, which is also known as the “Island of the apocalypse”, has a strong spiritual character. According to the tradition, Saint John the Divine was inspired to write the Book of the Apocalypse inside a cave in Nisyros. Today, the so-called “Cave of the Apocalypse” is one of the island’s main attractions. There’s also a large monastery dedicated to Saint John above Chora, the island’s capital. Thousands of pilgrims come to Patmos island every year to visit these two religious monuments.
Santorini: Santorini is the supermodel of the Greek islands, a head-turner whose face is instantly recognizable around the world: multi-colored cliffs soar out of a sea-drowned caldera, topped by drifts of whitewashed buildings. With its reputation for dazzling panoramas, romantic sunsets and volcanic-sand beaches, it’s hardly surprising the island features on so many travelers’ bucket lists.
- Operated with English-speaking local guides in each city during sightseeing & excursions on day 3 and 4
- (The local guides will only accompany during the activity and not during transport)
- 1-night accommodation in a hotel in Athens
- 3 nights´ accommodation on the cruise
- 4 breakfasts
- 3 lunches (Days 2-4)
- 3 dinners (Days 2-4)
- Arrival transfer from Athens International airport or from Piraeus port to the hotel on a shared basis
- Departure transfer from the Athens port to Athens International airport or to Piraeus port on a shared basis
- Air-conditioned transportation throughout the program as per itinerary on a shared basis
- Traditional ship for the cruise (The Celestyal Olympia)
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary: Athens sightseeing tour (entrances to Acropolis and Acropolis Museum; Day 2), tour to Ancient Ephesus (Day 3), Minoan Palace of Knossos excursion (Day 4)
- Meet & Greet (Day 1)
- Unlimited drink package on board (house wine, beer, soft drinks, teas, coffees, cocktails and brands spirits). Premium wines, Champagnes, high-end spirits, fresh fruit juice and premium Greek ice cream are also available at additional supplement (payable on board).
- Port and Service charges
- Gratuities on board included
- Tips and gratuities
- Porterage at the hotels
- International or domestic flight tickets nor any airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Optional & suggested tours and activities
- Any items not mentioned in the inclusions section
- Touristic/Municipal Fee Tax to be paid locally at the hotel reception
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the program
- Late check-out, early check-in, connecting or adjoining rooms at the hotel are all subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- No refunds for unused services. Splitting the package is not allowed.
- Please note that local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the contents of the tour without prior notice, including possible changes of hotels and/or itinerary.
- Please note that the touristic/Municipal Fee Tax has to be paid locally at the hotel reception
- Day 1: The Cape Sounio excursion departs at approximately 2:00 pm, please arrange your arrival flight/ ferry accordingly.
- Day 5: Estimated arrival to Athens port is at 7:00 am and estimated checkout from the cruise is until 08:00 am, so please book the departing flight/ferry accordingly (or book additional night in Athens).
- Please note that the inbound airport Athens – City hotel transfers are included only as part of the package or if pre/post night stay is booked as an extra. Otherwise, additional transfers should be purchased separately.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Greece. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay
Day 1 Athens:
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Arion or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Fresh or similar 4*
Day 2 – 5 on cruise:
- Standard Category, interior cabin, deck 2, 3 or 4 = The Celestyal Olympia or similar
- Superior Category, exterior cabin, deck 2, 3 or 4 = The Celestyal Olympia or similar
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ATHENS
Upon your arrival at Athens International airport/ Piraeus port, you will be met and greeted by our English-speaking tour assistant and you will be taken to your hotel in Athens in the comfort of an air-conditioned luxury vehicle. Depending on your flight/ferry arrival, we invite you to book an optional tour to Cape Sounio with the departure at 14:00 in the afternoon. You will be collected from your hotel at 13:30 and driven along the coastal road, passing the wonderful beaches of Glyfada, Vouliagmeni and Varkiza on the way to Cape Sounio. You will have splendid views of the Saronic Gulf and its islands en route. Upon arrival in Cape Sounio, visit the Temple of Poseidon, one of the major monuments from the Golden Age of Athens. After visiting the impressive temple site, there will be time to explore the rocky cape of Sounio before being transferred back to your hotel at around 19:00. If you prefer to enjoy a typical Greek night in Plaka with live Greek music and dances, we recommend you to book the optional Night out in Athens. Your evening begins with a short panoramic drive through the city centre, and on the slopes of the sacred hill, you will be able to see, admire and take photos of the illuminated Acropolis. Then a pleasant walk through the narrow picturesque streets of Plaka, the old city, will bring you at a Typical Greek Tavern where you will enjoy your dinner following a floor show with live music and Greek Folk Dances in traditional costumes. Otherwise, enjoy the afternoon at leisure.
Overnight in Athens.
Day 2 : ATHENS – MYKONOS (6.5 hrs, by cruise)
Wake up to a luscious breakfast at your hotel and get ready for your morning transfer at 8:30 am to the port of Piraues, where you embark on your cruise ship – Celestyal Olympia. At 11:30 am you will be leaving Port Piraeus and heading towards to a beautiful island Mykonos in the Cyclades. The island, according to Greek mythology, was formed by the bodies of giants slain by Hercules. The most recognizable site of Mykonos is the row of immaculate picture postcard white windmills overlooking the water. Every visitor takes that picture. The Old Town has many delightful cafes and taverns along its winding alleys and time will pass very quickly in these lovely, relaxing surroundings. You will be departing from Mykonos at 11:30 pm. Dinner is served on board.
Overnight on board.
Day 3 : MYKONOS – KUSADASI (8.5 hrs, by cruise) – PATMOS (4 hrs, by cruise)
Enjoy your tasty breakfast on board and get ready for your following adventure. Vibrant and colourful, Kusadasi in Turkey is the gateway to the Hellenistic ruins of Ephesus, famed for the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Your cruise will arrive to Kusadasi at 7:30 am and you will have a whole morning for exploring this biblical port. Join our tour to Ancient Ephesus (included), which will introduce you to the secrets of the Temple of Artemis. The tour takes approx. 3 hours, during which you find Immortal relics of the Hellenistic, Roman and Early Christian era. At the archaeological site you will be given a guided tour among the Agora, the Odeon, the Library of Celsus, the marble-paved main Street of Kouretes, the Baths of Scholastica, Trajan’s Fountain, the Public Latrines, the Residences of the Patricians, the Prytaneum and the Temple of Hadrian. At 1:00 pm you will be departing from Kusadasi, and you will continue to Patmos, a small, charming island which lies in the Dodecanese. Biblical legend has it as the supposed location of the vision to John the Baptist in the Book of Revelations and the inspiration this book. You will arrive to Patmos at 5:00 pm and you will have a 4 hours for discovering this sacred island. Perhaps the visit of the monastery of St. John could be a good idea to get an insight into the island´s legends. At 9:30 pm the cruise will be leaving this sacred island and will head toward the following destination, Rhodes. Dinner is served on board.
Overnight on board.
Day 4 : PATMOS – HERAKLION (8 hrs, by cruise) – SANTORINI (4.5 hrs, by cruise)
After a delightful breakfast on board, you will be arriving to the largest island of Greece, Crete. At 7:00 am you will disembark in Heraklion, a vibrant small metropolis, which hide mythological stories and legends of the ancient world. It is Crete’s biggest city (among Chania, Rethimno, Agios Nikolaos, Sitia, Ierapetra), whose emblem is the Venetian fortress of Koules and it harmoniously combines a multilingual past as Byzantine churches standing next to the Venetian mansions and Turkish fountains and a thriving present with many restaurants, coffee shops and bars that cater to every taste. Enjoy the visit of the Palace of Knossos, once the home of Europe’s oldest civilisation and the setting for the legend of Greek hero Theseus and the Minotaur (included). You will be departing from Heraklion at 12:00 pm, heading to another beautiful island, Santorini, whose stunning face is instantly recognisable across the world. We’re sure it takes your breath away, with its soaring landscapes, clusters of whitewashed houses in the capital Fira, and of course the iconic blue-domed church at Oia. Don’t forget to try one of the many restaurants jostling for position at the edge of the caldera. After the arrival to Santorini at 4:30 pm you will have a whole afternoon (until 9:30 pm) to enjoy its natural gems and cultural heritage. Dinner will be served on board.
Overnight on board.
Day 5 : DEPARTURE ATHENS
Begin your last day with a tasty breakfast on board and enjoy the last chilled moments on the cruise, before you reach Athens approx. at 7:00 am. We hope this voyage was a real “Wonder” for you. At approx. 08:00 am, there will be a driver waiting for you to take you by the shared transfer from the port to the Athens airport/ Piraeus port where you will catch your onward flight/ ferry to your following destination. If you wish to spend more time in Athens, we invite you to book post-night in Athens we offer as an optional extra.