Classical Tour Greece
Nafplion, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Join this interesting five-day tour and get closer to Greece’s beautiful history and mythology, while exploring its most beautiful cities. Explore the charming capital of Greece and admire the imposing Acropolis, visit the world-famous Meteora monasteries, see ancient Greek remains and catch sight of the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Indulge in delicious food, admire stunning landscapes, get in touch with culture, and befriend the happy locals while enjoying this memorable cultural trip in Greece.
Epidaurus: Epidaurus is one of the most important archaeological findings reflecting the splendour of Greek culture through its imposing beauty. Visit the birthplace of Apollo’s son and an ancient place of healing.
Mycenae: See ancient Greek remains and the tomb of Agamemnon in fascinating Mycenae.
Olympia: Cath a glimpse of the birthplace of the Olympic Games.
Delphi: At the foot of Mount Parnassos, lies the Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi, which was the most famous Oracle of ancient Greece. Delphi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the second-most important archaeological site in Greece, after the Acropolis in Athens.
Meteora: In a region of almost inaccessible sandstone peaks, monks settled on these ‘columns of the sky’ from the 11th century onwards. Twenty-four of these monasteries were built, despite incredible difficulties, at the time of the great revival of the eremitic ideal in the 15th century. Their 16th-century frescoes mark a key stage in the development of post-Byzantine painting. Meteora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Athens: Explore the Capital of Greece on your own, visiting the spectacular Acropolis and enjoying plenty of time for shopping.
- Operated with local English speaking guide during the activities
- 4 Nights’ accommodation in the selected hotel category
- 4 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Air-conditioned shared transportation for the half-day Sounio tour on day 1 and the mentioned tours on day 2 to 5
- Inbound/Outbound transfers from/to Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (Athens International airport) or from/to Piraeus port (in case you are arriving by ferry)
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary: the Cape Sounio, Delphi Site and Museum, Olympia Site and Museum Epidaurus and Mycenae and 2 Monasteries of Meteora, Olympia site and Museum
- Meet & Greet on day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Flight tickets or visa fees
- Airport taxes for domestic and international flights
- Travel Insurance is not included and not mandatory. Organizing travel insurance with your preferred insurance company is at discretion.
- Gratuities for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- Overnight city tax for the hotel overnights effective from January 1st 2018. Clients will have to pay the TAX on the spot at the hotels.
- Day 1: The Cape Sounio excursion departs at approximately 3 PM. You will need to book a flight that arrives in Athens around 12 pm in order to have the time necessary to go to the hotel for check-in first and then board the excursion bus or you have the option to book a flight that arrives between 1 to 1:30 pm and we will arrange the transfer directly to the departure point of the tour.
- Day 5: Late drop off at the airport. Estimated arrival time at the airport is 20:00 hrs. so please book the departing flight accordingly (or book additional night in Athens)
- Local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to the tour contents without prior notice.
- Please note that the inbound airport Athens – City hotel transfers are included only as part of the package or if pre/post night stay is booked as an extra. Otherwise additional transfers should be purchased separately.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Greece. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sun glasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Athens:
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Arion or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Fresh or similar 4*
Day 2 Olympia:
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Olympic Village or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Europa or similar 4*
Day 3 Delphi:
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Hermes or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Amalia or similar 4*
Day 4 Kalambaka:
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Orfeas or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Grand Meteora or similar 4*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL ATHENS – CAPE SOUNIO – ATHENS (140km – 4 hrs)
On your arrival at Athens airport, a representative will greet you and transfer you to the selected hotel, in a comfortable air-conditioned luxury car. Athens has an array of amazing hotels, and this package has the cream of the crop. In the afternoon drive along the coastal road, passing the wonderful beaches of Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza to the most Southern point of Attica, Cape Sounio, where the white marble pillars of the Temple of Poseidon stand. On the way, you have a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf and the little islands offshore. After visiting the Temple of Poseidon, you have time to walk at leisure on the rocky promontory of Sounio, before returning to your hotel.
In the evening you have the opportunity to book an optional Night out in Athens tour. Your evening begins with a short panoramic drive through the city centre, and on the slopes of the sacred hill, you will be able to see, admire and take photos of the illuminated Acropolis. Then a pleasant walk through the narrow picturesque streets of Plaka, the old city, will bring you at a Typical Greek Tavern where you will enjoy your dinner following a floor show with live music and Greek Folk Dances in traditional costumes. Otherwise, enjoy the afternoon at leisure.
Overnight in Athens .
Day 2 : ATHENS – CANAL OF CORINTH – EPIDAURUS –NAUPLION – MYCENAE – OLYMPIA (390 km – 6 hrs)
Indulge in a delicious breakfast at the hotel before taking the coastal road to the Corinth Canal. Stop for a few moments and then drive towards the Theatre of Epidauros, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Afterwards proceed to the town of Nauplion and stop to take some stunning photos. Continue driving towards Mycenae to visit the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games.
Overnight in Olympia. Breakfast and dinner included.
Day 3 : OLYMPIA – DELPHI (250 km – 3.5 hrs)
Begin your day with a mouthwatering breakfast at the hotel. Afterwards visit the Archaeological Site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium, and the Archaeological Museum. Then drive on through the plains of Eliad and Achaia until the magnificent bridge that crosses the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpactos (Lepanto) and Itea, arriving in Delphi, where a comfortable room and a delicious dinner are waiting for you.
Overnight in Delphi. Breskfast and dinner included.
Day 4 : DELPHI – KALAMBAKA (310 km – 4 hrs)
Have a tasty breakfast at the hotel and in the morning visit the Archaeological Site and the Museum. Depart for Kalambaka, a small town stated at the foot of the astonishing complex of Meteora.
Overnight in Kalambaka. Breakfast and dinner included.
Day 5 : KALAMBAKA – ATHENS (355 km – 4.5 hrs)
Begin your day with a delightful breakfast at the hotel. Then, visit the mesmerising Meteora. Among striking scenery, perched on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless Monasteries, where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia and Thermopylae, enjoying a short stop to see the Leonida’s Monument across the road. Arrive in Athens and transfer to the airport (after 20.00 pm) to continue with your travel arrangements.